“Excellent experience, 30 July 2014, Bakewell, Derbyshire”
Review of Virgin Balloon Flights - CLOSED

Virgin Balloon Flights
More attraction details
Owner description: Stowmarket is set on the banks of the River Gripping. Flyers can expect to have good views over Bury St Edmunds to the west and Ipswich and the Suffolk coast to the east. Appreciate the beauty of Eastern England on your flight as you take in the views over the Home Counties, stretching towards the outskirts of London.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a wonderful trip offered by our flight team: pilot Pies, Hugh and Sam. They made our flight very pleasant and they were very helpful as we flew for the first time.
We will definitely fly again. Thank you for the lovely time during this unique experience.
Rodica and Michael

in 105 reviews
"certificate"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My sons bought me a virgin balloon trip for Mothers day which i went on at 6am this morning. Was the 1st time of booking so I was really lucky not to have the experience of cancelled flights etc. can honestly say it was a lovely experience and enjoyed the setting up and packing away of the balloon. The team and Steve the pilot were very professional and I think all 16 passengers really enjoyed it. Was a very sereen and peacefull ride and really felt like I was floating on a cloud. Was a perfect landing too and the only thing between me and heaven was a glass of bucks fizz. Can understand other peoples frustration of cancellations but nobody can control the weather. Would highly recommend for a special occasion.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I would never buy balloon tickets again especially when you book by phone the sales team don't mention that the tickets are non refundable then why would they, they just want your money and never give it you back in my day and age to me that is known as theft virgin are thieves, I've now had 5 cancellatiions in a year bad weather on some and really nice weather on some but when it's really nice it's either to windy or not enough wind it's very slim you will fly most people that do fly have more than likely had to wait years and many cancellations would love to see the statistics for those that fly first time compare to the number of cancelled flights, my main problem is that when I ordered I rang up and said I was looking for some tickets for my partners birthday so I was suggested the birthday gift package now I'm looking at virgin refunding me I'm told its very clear in their terms that my tickets are non refundable all though the seven day anytime plus tickets and gift experience package are refundable, so having a birthday gift package tickets that are non refundable does not make their terms clear, it is very miss leading, but why would virgin care they are money grabbing cowboys avoid at all costs, shaun unhappy customer

7  Thank shauncoyle88
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I got an Amazon gift voucher to redeem with Virgin Balloon Flights from a family member for my 30th birthday; at £80+ it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience - I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate.

I emailed Liz McCauley, one of the customer service representatives about booking a place on Saturday 9th August during the Bristol Balloon in April. During the next three months I was told that places would be released for the Fiesta at a later date, for which I waited patiently.

When I got in touch again on the 10th June I was told that I had been marked on the system for a place on the evening flight on the 9th August I booked a train ticket to Bristol from London accordingly. I then received an email from Liz on the 27th June saying that there would be a £25 upgrade fee during the Fiesta, which I was prepared to pay despite no previous correspondence to that effect. As I didn't have the funds at the time, I got in touch about 4 weeks later - only to be told that the flight was fully booked.

3 MONTHS it had taken of corresponding back and forth with Liz, who was on maternity leave and therefore seemingly out of the loop with the rest of the office. I hate to single people out for persecution, but the fact that I had been promised a place as a paying customer only for it to be given to someone else beggars belief. Virgin Balloon Flights promise an enjoyable experience but mine has been nothing but a miserable and endless carousel of phone calls and emails. I've finally been booked onto the Sunday evening flight, which means that I may well miss the last train back to London at 10:10pm.

If you're thinking of booking with Virgin I'd say go ahead, but remember that there are other reputable balloon flight companies out there who can deliver the quality experience you're looking for.

5  Thank Kristin W