“Sunday Lunch”
Review of The Doberman

The Doberman
Ranked #29 of 56 Restaurants in Stowmarket
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Small traditional English pub.
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Ive not been to the Dobermann for probably about 4yrs even though its not that far away from me and I dont know why.
The pub was busy as expected with alot of locals congregated around the bar area which was nice to see, even though abit of a hindrance if you wanted to get to the bar to order or pay.
Starters were very nice, filo king prawn and vegetables in batter - large portions and very tasty, arrived quickly as well.
Dad had Lamb Gocac or something (Sue's comment of gocart has stuck in my head, so I cant remember what its called) lots of lamb and very well cooked, dad really enjoyed that.
I had vegetable lasagne with a lovely salad and chips. Something wasn’t right with the lasagne, but it wasn’t a problem, it was changed straight away, no fuss, no quibbles no arguing, lovely.
We really enjoyed our meal, service was quick and with very nice staff ta boot.
We will definitely be back again. Worth a visit, but make sure you have cash as they don’t have card facilities. Its a cash only venue.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We call in at the Doberman a few times each year on cycle rides. We're always made welcome, in the winter there's a lovely open log fire to warm and dry us. The pub is always clean, the toilets are amongst the best we've ever seen (M & F) and the food is excellent. Recommended without reservation!

1  Thank Blokeonabike
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Visited this gem of a country pub one quiet Tuesday evening. Excellent home cooked food with friendly service, good beers and lovely cosy bar area. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Been eating and drinking here, Off and On, for over 15 years and have always had a very pleasant experience. Not having visited for quite a while I was worried things may have changed. I shouldn't have worried, everything is exactly as it ever was and my two companions, both Doberman first timers thought it was wonderful. The welcome, beer and food are all a fine example of a proper English Pub. I won't be leaving it so long this time!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

This is what I would call a proper English Country Pub, open fire, low ceilings, home cooked food.
I booked a table no problem, then had to ring up to alter the time, again no problem at all. We visited Easter Weekend, ok they had ran out of steak, but that was no problem. I had the chilli - which was made with real beef and hubby had the mixed grill, food was delicious and hot.
The beer was superb (according to my hubby - i was the driver)
landlady and the locals were very friendly and welcoming.
My only disappointment was they didnt allow dogs in. Definately going back again

1  Thank carolanneneall