“First Class Friday Tapas”
Review of The Star Inn

The Star Inn
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Ingatestone
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 January 2018

We booked for their Friday Tapas night, the food was fantastic. You can choose 3 dishes for sharing or single dishes such as the Paella. Being to engrossed in conversation I didn’t order but of our group I know we ordered Paella, Patatas Bravas, Spanish Omelette, Meaballs, calamari, prawns pilpil, a white fish dish and Spanish Croquettes.

There are 16 items on the tapas menu to choose from so when we go back we will make sure we are a larger group so we can try everything!! Thank you Team STAR!

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Hard to find these days but this little place really does achieve it. Buzzy pub chat, clientele of all ages,very simple but comfortable furnishings and a fabulous log fire provided a great vibe. This is our second visit I wish we lived in the village as they have the best selection of gin and the staff actually know how to serve them. My partner also said the real ale was in excellent condition. There was ample choice on the menu. We mixed things up a little as the Chefs specials were dedicated to Rabbie Burns so I opted for Cullen Skink whilst my partner had Twice baked goats cheese & horseradish souffle and carpaccio beetroot from the regular menu. For main course I had seafood linguini with juicy succulent pieces of sea bass, squid , king prawns, clams & mussels in the most devine tomato sauce. My partner had a Wagyu Burger. He hasn’t stopped talking about it! Need I say more about that one.
The presentation was well executed and the overall quality exceptional. Many so called Gastro pubs aspire to this level of hospitality but rarely deliver . The staff were friendly and very professional and clearly enjoying their job with a smile despite being very busy with the lunch time rush. We will definitely be back and thoroughly recommend this proper pub !
We will be back!

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Not my first time at this cosy pub in Ingatestone. Fantastic food and would recommend highly. Service is always top notch. Beth and Daisy looked after us, we will be back!

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Another cracking meal at the star. The staff were excellent. Karen and Sophie looked after us very well. I can recommend the steak and ale pie.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

We popped into the newly refurbished Star Inn last night for some dinner. We were not disappointed. The refurb is gorgeous. Lovely colours, fresh, clean and really cosy. Fire sizzling away in one fireplace. The staff were all friendly and welcoming. We shared a starter of salmon, crayfish and prawns. It was so good. The smoked salmon is to die for. I had a smoked chicken Caesar salad and my husband had haddock and chips. It was all really lovely. Nicely seasoned, beautifully presented and very tasty. Our waitress was efficient and friendly. All in all, a lovely venue with good food, a lovely environment and a warm welcome. Keep doing what you are doing