“Excellent conference venue”
Review of Hawar Beach Hotel

Hawar Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hawar Islands
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I was part of the organizing team for a ladies' retreat that was held on Hawar Island. The hotel was an excellent location for a group of 100 ladies to get away for some R+R as well as gather together to listen to a guest speaker. The hotel is decortated in a modern style, all the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was exceptional, every request was met immediately and cheerfully. The food provided in the full board package was very good, with not a single complaint from nearly 100 ladies! The pre conference communitaction with the hotel management was excellent and the follow up - locating lost items etc. has also been very efficient. The survey from or conference participants indicates all would like to return to the same hotel for future conferences.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MapleLeafGirl774

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Brochure promises a lot but no change in almost three years....just the name!!! Leaking rooms...noisy ac...poor quality toiletries...poor choice in food for vegetarians...sports facilities are non existent...poor water quality at the pool...no showers before and after your dip...water sport charges are exorbitant...boat ride to and fro is poor....tulip has no control over it...the location could have been much more...falls short big time...disappointed with Tulip

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank arvindatbahrain
Reviewed 6 August 2010

1- The RSVN. Off. told us a week before 10AM. Boat dep. & when I called one day before to make sure, was told there is no morning boat, there is no morning boat & the only boat is at 1PM & I hv to be there at 12:30PM. Sharp. I was there at 12:15PM but the boat finally left at 01:20PM! furthermore, the employee at the Marina told me that there was a morning boat & it left almost empty!!!
2- The boat trip was trreible as it was an open boat & was very noisy!
3- Reached & checked in at around 3PM. & due to the headache, thought of having room service & take a nap, so when through the menu, selected the items & called but to there was no reply & then tried the operator & she put through the Coffeeshop & when I told the waiter that I just want to order Room service, he reply was( due to short of Items in the store! The only place with food is the CS!! plus, why shld I pay when the CS. lunch is part of the package & my reply was that I came on BB. not half board & it is up to me to choose what I want plus the hotel is advertising 24hrs. Room Service & 4 rest. howcome only one Rest. in open & No RS! No Justifications!!!
3- Evening had no choice but to go to the same Rest. with cold & ill prepared items, the Desert was the same of lunch time.
4- While at the Rest. was talking to the Waiter asking what's open & she said that we do hv a Bar but it open upon demand!! when it's adv. that it opens every evening!
5- called to check on the Internet was told it's available at BD5.000 per hour which I find very expensive but since I needed to check my emails, I asked the Receptionist to show me how to use it & the reply was will call u back! After 30Min. she calls to say, Sorry the Internet is Down & if I want she will ask the IT manager to explain to me!!!
6- the only gst Elevator in the hotel is NOT Working!
7- No turn down Srevice!
8- Went down to us e the pool at 7:30AM. Next morning (I am talking abt a resort on a remote island) No pool attendant, Pool Very Dirty. there was a gardnener working in the area & i asked him abt how to get a tawel & his reply was, (I will try to get u a tawel but the pool att. will start at arnd. 8:30, 9AM)!!
9- I booked for 2 nits but after all this insisted to check out next day & in the evening while going for dinner, I pastby Rec. to advise them that I am leaving next morning. there was a lady wearing jeans & a TShirt behind the desk (which I havnt seen in a 2Star hotels)! I expressed my disapointment & asked her to prepare for my dep. on the first boat avail. but her reply was (Sorry all tomorrow's boats are full & I am schedulled on Friday's according to my original booking!!! But after dinner, I went to Rec. Again & this time it was a uniformed gentleman & insisted on leaving next day & to my surprise he said yes there shld be space on the 11:30AM. Boat but we hv to be at Rec. at 11AM. Sharp!!! So I came down at 11AM. sharp, paid my bills but have to wait for the boat which finally arrived at 12Noon. & I managed to leave for this terrible place at 12:20PM. Again to my Surprise when I got to the Boat, It was half Empty & what I was told by that lady who I come to know that she is a manager there was Only a Trick to keep me there & make 2 nits revenue out of me!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
13  Thank aawadhi63
Reviewed 12 May 2010

This was the worst place ever !!! The service is very very cheap, staff rude , unfriendly & non coporative. The buffet was the same everyday for the 3 days u stayed there !!! the timings of the transfer boat is changed without any notice. Inspite this hotel is in an island there was only 2 types of water sports. we wanted to rent a jetsky & hey wanted approx $280 as a guarante & they did not accept to take Credit Card they need it cash. the pool is very dirty, food leftovers every where in the place, Broken play area, kids felt really bored. ( please find attached pics)

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
13  Thank shoshoBahrain
Reviewed 12 April 2010

The island has too many attractions but the hotel is expensive to stay for long. The hotel is like any other four to five star. The inside is 'freezing' cold compared to the weather outside which is not advisable for someone with breathing problems. We stayed on the ground floor and could access the beach and the swimming pool by just hopping out of the balcony. The swimming pool is next to the sea and is a nice experience but didn't have adequate lighting for a night swim when it got dark ( they switch on the lighting later in the evening). Room service was ok. The rooms were standard and clean. You can rent a bike to roam the vicinity of the hotel. We used a van to visit the local wildlife park. Not a place for a peaceful holiday. The activities in the lobby of the hotel are too noisy to allow for peaceful sleep.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Mailhimtoday
Reviewed 31 March 2010

Recently we visited Hawar Tulip Inn Island, where we had a very bitter experience in regards to the customer handling and service. The hotel Manager (I am not sure I think his name was Mustafa) was very rude and impolite when dealing with us and at time very threatening.
It’s quite difficult to describe the whole situation in word but I will try my best.
I and two other friends had booking for two nights at Hawar Tulip inn; all of us work for very reputable organizations (CISCO, Inma Bank & SALECO STC partner) and do quite a bit of traveling personal and officially.
On 23rd March evening at 8:00 pm I got a call from Hawar Tulip inn hotel from a staff by the name “Umar” stating that on 24th March there will be two boats leaving from Al-Dur Jetty that is at 10:00 Am & 1:00 Pm. Since we wanted to make most of our holidays we decided to take the 10:00 Pm boat. We started from Riyadh at 5:00 am early morning on 24th March targeting to reach the jetty by 10:00 am but at 8:00 am someone called my friend and said that the there will be only one boat which will leave at 11:00 am. By breaking the speed limits we somehow reach the jetty in time. The question here is if we had targeted the 1:00 pm boat we would have not reached the island as there is Bahrain boarder to cross which at times is very crowded.
I had booked the Manama Suite, and the master bedroom bath room had no hot water, I called the reception from my room and told them to it check but to no result, the next day I went to the reception and told the hotel “Manager” about it but no one came to fix it in two days.
Secondly the room fire alarm started to ring at 1:30 am in the night by itself for which I made the complain but the maintenance staff did not come, I went to the reception myself where I was told that all rooms have this issue. Later after one hour two guys came and said that it is only from our room and somehow managed to disable the emergency switch.
On 26th march at 12:00 am a lady came to us while we were playing pool in the games room and told us that all of us cannot go together that is any one family can take the 11:00 am boat and the remaining two can take the 3:00 pm boat. We told her that we cannot do that because we came in two cars (parked at the jetty) and we had plans in Bahrain main land, while looking at us from head to toe number of times (as if she is thinking how can brown people say no to me) she said this not possible in a rude voice, but we insisted that we would like to stick together; hearing this she said the decision will be made in the morning at 9:00 am. We all got up at 8:00 am with our bags packed. At 10:00 am we were told that we have to take the 3:00 am boat there is no other option.
We all went to sleep and got ready again at 1:30 am after taking lunch we assembled at the lobby to check out that is when the “Manager” stepped in and showed us the bill for each room, we objected to the lunch charges but he was not willing to listen, we told him that we were delayed due the hotel and we were ready to take the first boat but he kept on saying one thing you should have told us that you are going to take lunch last night, in fact at times he became very bullish and told us if we don’t pay the bill we will be very sorry and boat will leave having no place to stay. During course of argument at one time he said something out of context, he said “I believe you have some other anger in your heats and you want to take it out on the hotel”.
I fail to understand how such persons with rude attitude are hired by the hotel, we were arguing about the matter of principle while paying the amount for lunch was not a big deal for us as we all were carrying three different credit cards and cash. I am writing all this for others so that they do not get ripped off on account of boat excuse. I have stayed in various Tulip Inn hotels three different country never had a bad experience as this. this is to know about the way the Hawar Tulip in is making money.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
11  Thank chachapool
Reviewed 29 December 2009

This hotel apparently recently opened up after a year of being closed for remodeling and is under new management. The staff, although quite junior, was very friendly, but needed more supervision and experience to train them up. I think with better marketing and better trained staff, this place is one of the neatest places to "get away" from the city in a unique environment.

When booking, if you call the number online, they will put you through to a receptionist who is at the resort, who takes your number and just tells you the number of and to go to the office in Manama for your tickets. She is not Bahraini and doesn't even know where this office is. Why even bother calling that number in the first place? At their manama office, they take cash only, and I had to go to the cold store to make change!

The boat ride to/from the resort is fun, however both coming and going the time was changed within 24hrs of leaving, the return trip we found out it changed UP an hour less than two hours prior to departure, and the trip to the resort still left 1/2hr late but I think that was due to passengers showing up late (what do you expect, it's the Middle East?!) This I expected based on weather and tidal conditions, but this was not explained (nor probably understood) by the staff that informed us of our schedule changes.

The activities at the resort are plentiful but way too expensive. 35BD for jetski for an hour? 8BD an hour to use a bike? Even using the chessboard had a price on their pricelist of 1.5BD per game. Seriously, you want to charge guests to use the chess board? It was nice that the dinner and breakfast were included, but drinks and snacks at the mini bar were WAY too expensive. The best thing we did was take an island tour in a van which was only 2BD per person where you can see what else is on the island.

The location is superb - great ocean views from a beautiful poolside area, facing west for a sunset every night. This place was really quiet, and didn't realize until we got back that we didn't hear the call for prayer go off five times a day, which was very nice for a peaceful experience!

The price of 85BD/night including two meals for two people I thought was quite reasonable, however as mentioned before, the costs for other things such as snacks and activities were unreasonable. 1.2BD for a 500mL bottle of water is too much when you need to drink alot of water in this part of the world. If you want to have a few drinks, I recommend you bring your own because cocktails were basically the price of that of a nightclub!

The junior staff at the hotel were very friendly and hard working. The more senior staff were either nonexistent or non-responsive to questions. It took almost 45 minutes for the staff to settle the bill for four sets of guests when leaving. They really need to shape up if they're going to have more than 10 guests a night. Perhaps instead of four of them crowding around one computer they could have used both of the computer behind the counter to speed up the process? Apparently that would have been a pretty advanced concept. According to them, this was the "busy time" when there were a total of 10 guests at the hotel the day we were there, and none the following night. Another example was that music was playing in the hallways (tiled hallways that echoed) until 12am. We had to ask to turn it off, and the music came back on again at 6am. I truly believe that whoever turned it on just didn't know any better - like I said before, a little more supervision and hotel management experience would help such matters.

Yes, I'd recommend you go to this place, just be ready for the inadequacies it has. According to the bartender, when I went in December 2009, this was their "soft opening" and grand opening was still to come.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PPG80

Been to Hawar Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!