“Great Hotel in a currently poor location”

Al Manshar Rotana Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fahaheel
Houston, Texas
“Great Hotel in a currently poor location”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This hotel is decorated to the nines. The rooms, in our case a deluxe suite, are beautiful and very comfortable. I could not have asked for anything more except a better location.

The block of land immediately adjacent to the hotel on the east had heavy equipment including jack hammers operating from 6:30 AM to dusk seven days a week. We tolerated this for a week before relocating to another hotel. Demolition will be finished soon but construction (hopefully less intrusive) will continue for several years. The hotel is near the Fahaheel Souk, a plus with a downside. Shoppers pour into the hotel parking lot and it can be very difficult to find a spot in the evening. I assume the valet service could have dealt with this, but I never tried.

The gym is very nice but rather small and open only 7AM to about 10PM. The pool and roof patio were closed for renovation and the hotel had no real alternative outdoor spot.

The breakfast buffet was very good. Restaurant staff are well trained and understand the theory of service but not the practice of hospitality. I never saw a smile.

I'll be happy to go back once the construction quits down.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeff W
AlMansharRotana, General Manager at Al Manshar Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Warm greetings from Al Manshar Rotana - Kuwait!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write back on your personal experience with us.

First of all, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences that we may have caused. I have noted all your comments. Please be assured that I am looking into this issue personally and appropriate action will be taken to improve on the areas mentioned.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Pierre Zayoun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

This is simply the best hotel facility available in
kuwait, the location is. bit away from the city center but the drive is worth when we compare to the facilities, service is excellent, and each guest is given a warm welcome n escorted in style, rooms are unique and interior is excellent, pool side is quiet and nice, no more words to say... it's worth the money u pay for.... highly recommendable...

Stayed December 2013
AlMansharRotana, General Manager at Al Manshar Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Warm greetings from Kuwait!

Thank you for your positive feedback related to your previous stay at Al Manshar Rotana.

Your comments on your experience with the hotel facilities such as the swimming pool as well as the level of hospitality & service that my team had provided you is much rewarding.

At Al Manshar Rotana, we promise that your stay leave you with treasured moments.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

With the exception of my room lights turning themselves on at night due to the high tech sensor controls, my stay was flawless. Very attentive and helpful staff at Reception, specially Ahmed. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
AlMansharRotana, General Manager at Al Manshar Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Warm greetings from Al Manshar Rotana!

Thank you for writing a review on your experience with us. I am very much pleased to receive feedback from our valued guests such as yourself.

I will pass on your comments to my team as feedback such as yours goes a long way in motivating them.

We look forward to welcoming you back once again.

Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
Reviewed 25 November 2013

A great hotel for business and family stay, very nice location at Fahaheel Area, beside a very small shopping center Al- Koot, I really enjoyed food, hotel facilities and all staff pleasant welcome and help for fast attending any request.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
AlMansharRotana, General Manager at Al Manshar Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Warm greetings from Al Manshar Rotana!

Thank you so much for your great overall review on the hotel. We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable one.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 November 2013

With the exception of my room lights turning themselves on at night (sure it was a electrical fault, so don't be spooked :) due to what I think the high tech sensor controls, our stay was flawless. Very attentive and helpful staff at Front desk, especially Abdou & Farhana. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
AlMansharRotana, General Manager at Al Manshar Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Greetings from Kuwait!

I would like to personally thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to know that you had a great stay with us. We have passed on your compliments to Abdou and Farhana at the Front Office department. We would like to thank you once again for your comments as these go along way in motivating our entire team.

With regards to the lighting in your room, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that have caused you. I have immediately taken up this issue with the concerned department, rest assured that necessary corrective action will immediately be taken.

Thank you and looking forward to welcoming back you soon to Al Manshar Rotana.

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Rotana is a successful chain as I experienced from my visits to some of them here in Middleeast. Al Manshar is like a pearl in lovely Kuwait. We have stayed at two bedrooms suite with kitchen and 3 bathrooms :o, two adults & 3 kids. Big enough to spend our shopping trip for more than one day plus complimentary amazing breakfast; actually without overstatements; it was the second best breakfast I've ever eaten after my mom's bf of course :)
The only noisy thing is the WIFI network did not cover our side most of the time, other than that I'll give this hotel 5***** and wont forget the free provided toiletries at the bath, they are very high quality French products.

Regards,

Room Tip: I have taken room number 12 at the 12th floor at the east side and they are quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
AlMansharRotana, General Manager at Al Manshar Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Greetings from Al Manshar Rotana!

It gives me immense pleasure to know that the breakfast served at Al Manshar Rotana was one of your best. I also appreciate the time you have taken to personally write back on your personal experience with us.

With regards to the Wifi in your room, i have immediately taken up this issue with the concerned department, rest assured that necessary corrective action will immediately be taken.

I want to sincerely thank you once again for your feedback and i do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night. The room was very spacious with a separate kitchenette and living room. All the amenities were available including a separate TV in each room. However TVs were small. Staff was very helpful. Dining was a little bit pricey for the quality of the food. Breakfast buffet had a large selection of food although they were not very high quality. Omelette was good. Airport pickup was timely but a regular taxi from the airport was employed instead of a hotel taxi. I would stay in this hotel the next time due to its location and overall service.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Gulf at a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
AlMansharRotana, General Manager at Al Manshar Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Warm greetings from Kuwait!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you personally for giving us a positive feedback on your stay as well as your comments on the food and prices.

I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration. On the other hand, it gives me immense pleasure to know that we were able to make your stay with us a memorable one.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Pierre Zayoun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fahaheel
Radisson Blu Hotel, Kuwait
#2 of 2 in Fahaheel
Ibis Sharq Kuwait
Ibis Sharq Kuwait
#11 of 69 in Kuwait City

Been to Al Manshar Rotana Hotel? Share your experiences!