“nice little escape, tucked away from hustle and bustle”

Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Jamaica
“nice little escape, tucked away from hustle and bustle”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

A little escape. Tucked away. Good for privacy. You need a car though. Due to location. Marlene is a gem! Quite helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good and included. Jamaican breakfast! :) A very homey feel. In a residential area. Nice artwork everywhere. My stay was short but pleasant. My room had a view overlooking pool and the town of Falmouth and the sea.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 15 April 2013

first let me say that i just read the review by someone who scheduled their wedding party "on short notice" and suffice to say that for a wedding, booking anywhere on short notice, how about taking some responsibility for the results?? the dog bothered that reviewer! are you kidding us? enough on that. the Retreat is a mansion. it is beautiful. the owner has basically created a lovely jamaican home and invited us to enjoy it in a manner rarely available to the average tourist. Years ago i was fortunate to be invited to stay in a french chateau. 200 years of the essence of france that you rarely have the opportunity to experience (speaking for myself). the Retreat will provide the lucky traveler staying there with a very very special taste of this beautiful island and their people.

Room Tip: ask to stay on the side with a view of falmouth and its harbor with the mountains nearby.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I rented the entire house for a wedding and not only did they overcharge for EVERYTHING, the service was poor, the house caretaker was not hospitable and very aggressive. We were not asked what we wanted for meals, but they had menus in the rooms, when we asked to place orders she gave an attitude. They did not clean the rooms or common area bathrooms the entire weekend, we had to ask for new linens for the beds. The house is not equipped for a wedding and I had to pay extra just to make the house and grounds more appealing for photos, the homeowner was extremely aggressive and was not accomodating to many things. The facility says no PETS but there is a dog there that is under the car port everyday. The house has NO A/C in majority of the rooms and there is an additional charge for using the a/c in the two rooms that has it. They were to accomodate for beach runs, but were not available to transport without charging a fee. The house is also not walking distance to beach, the walk is very far down a steep hill as the house is in the middle of nowwhere. Because of the last minute arrangements I was stuck, but I promise that I will stay at one of the local resorts next time. Although the view is beautiful, the house itself and the service is very misleading.

Room Tip: majority of the rooms do not have A/C.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nadinef007
Bristow, Virginia
Reviewed 24 December 2012

My experience at the Retreat Guesthouse was exceptional. The staff and service was really good, they made it feel like a home away from home. The view was phenomenal and there was a shuttle to the beach. Overall my stay at the guesthouse was good.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed 23 September 2012

During the coarse of our trip to Jamaica, we decided to travel to falmouth and go to the luminous lagoon. We stayed one night at the retreat guest house and i really wish we could have stayed longer. The home was amazing with beautiful views from our balcony. We choose a room with A/C and slept wonderfully that night. The bed was comfortable and the room was cool and very well maintained. We choose to eat breakfast that morning on the grounds and it was great! Staff and owners were kind and very down to earth! My only complaint was that we were not able to enjoy the house and area longer. I do recommend that you get good directions if you don't know the area very well as its off the main road and a few turns are required to get there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bjf0220
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I loved staying at Retreat Guesthouse, you are treated like family. Really enjoyed my stay, I loved the nature feel. Fruit tree all over, very nice. Would stay there again. Private location, beautiful rooms. My room was huge, beautiful with lots of Windows. The food was delicious and the family very accommodating. Felt like being in your family's home.
L. W

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Lwhite1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I visited the Guest house 2yrs ago, and if anything it's better than before, I arrived on the 29,7.2012. The hospitality, the attention from the owner, Joyce, was fantastic, I was picked up from the airport, with my name on a placard. I felt very important. My room was exquisite. It was cleaned every day. The food was out of this world, The Retreat Guest house is a place to visit, I would recommend it to anyone. Thank you Joyce and team for a fantastic holiday, I will visit again. Joanne.

Room Tip: Phone the owner, she is more than willing to help you.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jjsmile4me
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
#3 of 6 in Falmouth
Half Moon
Half Moon
#2 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!