“Brilliant for animal lovers!”

Jamaica Swamp Safari Village
Book In Advance
More Info
US$39.00*
and up
Jamaica Swamp Safari Village and Falmouth Tour from Montego Bay
Ranked #15 of 34 things to do in Falmouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant for animal lovers!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Visited the Swamp safari village on impulse as I'm a massive animal lover and much to his chagrin dragged fella along too! Located just off the main road about 20 mins from Mo Bay it's a gem of a place, had a great time. Went on a sunday afternoon and we were the only people there, this attraction offers guided tours only and takes an hr or so at a leisurely pace. We had a fantastic guide who was extremely knowledgeable and offered lots of interesting facts whilst allowing me time to enjoy my surroundings. They have a fantastic aviary (birds landing on me), lots of huge menacing looking crocodiles and a menagerie of other animals some of whom were rescue projects, all well cared for and clearly loved. I had the opportunity to hold a baby croc and get up close with bunnies, deer, reptiles, wild boar and a beautiful capuchin monkey as well as watching a crocodile leap into the air for his dinner! Beautiful surroundings saw lots of lovely native plants and flowers too. I took lots of photos, there wasn't anyone charging for these as in some other attractions although this could be due to going on a Sunday. Really recommend for adults who enjoy animal attractions probably my favourite excursion thus far on this amazing island!

5 Thank Shirleyshamone

Littleton, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Better than I was expecting!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

As a disclaimer, my husband (a big James Bond fan) picked this attraction. I hate reptiles.
Upon arrival, we were the only 2 people there for a tour and the place had a little bit of a creepy feel. after that the tour only got better...
Once inside the village we toured an aviary were birds would fly right down and eat food out of your hands. Our guide was very informative and we learned a lot in only an hour. After the aviary we were shown several small animals and small reptiles and snakes. Then it was onto the Crocs!
I was amazed (a terrified) by them! The had so many and they can tell them apart from one another.
Then you get to hold a baby croc, its small so I didn't mind that. Then you hold a snake. a BIG snake! that I did not enjoy, but I also hate snakes!
At the end of the tour they show you where they filmed the James Bond scene, and show you a behind the scenes movie of how they filmed it and the part of the movie its involved in (which was good for me because I had never seen that James Bond film)
The only down side to this place is the smell around the wild boars pen is pretty intense so we only spent a moment there.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank hannaha517
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lots of animals!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

There were lots of animals native to Jamaica and some huge crocks just lying out there. If you are interested in animals this is the place for you.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank CTB_11
Fryeburg, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Entertaining and educational!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My private tour guide was able to accompany me on this visit and we had a wonderful time! The lady who guided our tour was so sweet and full of great information. I would recommend this tour to anyone. I did not know about the James Bond connection until I was on the tour!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Carol H
Penzance, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Lovely Family Attraction”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Spent a couple of hours here with my family (daughter aged 2 and son aged 8) and it was one of our best trips during our visit to Jamaica. We had the site to ourselves and the guide was great, her knowledge of the animals was excellent. Most of the animals we've only ever seen on TV such as crocodiles and humming birds. Well worth a visit.

Visited February 2014