Royalton White Sands Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$954
US$866
Agoda.com
Mangos Jamaica(Falmouth)
US$294
Travelocity
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$295
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$322
  • Pool
Jewel Grande Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$797
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
6,058 results
All reviewsroyalton white sandssports bardiamond clubitalian restaurantmartini baradult poolkids clubfamily pooljerk chickentime sharewater slidesmontego baysteakvip breakfastbutler serviceentertainment teamdestination wedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Royalton Resort. The experience was very good, from the warm welcome at check-in with Sudique , pleasant and helpful. Patrick Campbell, Assistant Housekeeping Manager very professional, informative and customer oriented.

The grounds of the property are well kept and very quiet, the staff are very courteous and takes very special interest in the guests well being by ensuring we enjoy and maximize the vacation.

Kudos to Stacy in Sales, Tiffany, Keresa , Romeo (Zen), Tanesha and other members at Entertainment good work. The staff is superb.

Myself, children and the group enjoyed ourselves tremendously. We will return.

M. Forbes, Montego Bay, Jamaica

Room Tip: Seventh Floor rooms are very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Michelle F
WhiteSandsGM, Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

hello Michelle F,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at Royalton White Sands. We are indeed happy to note that your time with us was an enjoyable one and wish to thank you for highlighting the individuals who had a positive impact on your stay.

We are very happy that you made us your destination of choice and that we were able to satisfactorily meet your needs and expectations.

Have a royal day & please come again.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We enjoyed the week in this resort . Staffs appeared working hard and professional. Front desk staff ( except one receptionist) did extra steps to help me with phone calls to taxi drivers for our excursions. The funny thing was the resort offers free international calls to some countries in North America,( US, Canada, Mexico) and some European countries. But they charge $ 1USD/ minute for local calls.
The maid services, twice a day, were excellent. Feeling bad , I asked the maid in evening shift not to bother cleaning my room. Food meets my standard. One worker lady in the buffet restaurant makes good smooth from peanut butter, cereals, raisins and other stuffs. The first time I tried it and it was the best peanut butter smoothie in my life. Other worker 's smothie was not as good as hers. Sorry that I don't remember her and other excellent staffs' names.
The Jamaican jerk barbecue meals served at the pool/ beach were excellent.

The children enjoyed the water parks, and nice warm ocean.

There was only one thing which bothered me was sale persons stationed on each floor, by the elevators. I used the stairs at the end of the wirng to avoid sale pitch.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean views, but will be noisy. Don't choose on ground floor ( VIP rooms) facing the pool because no privacy
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank teeteeSanJose
WhiteSandsGM, Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Hello TeeteeSanJose,

Thank you for your kind review of our resort. It was certainly a pleasure to have been able to open our doors to you and extend our usual great service. Thank you for choosing Royalton White Sands.

We look forward to welcoming you back Home for many more vacations to come.

Have a royal day!

Where do I begin?

Went down for a wedding, stayed five days.

PROS:
The resort is beautiful.

The pool is gorgeous.

Certain staff are friendly and helpful:
Arshaney at the front desk. I think he's a bellman.
Allison, Petal, Robert & Jaise at the buffet.
Chandlyn & Jodi-Ann in Wedding Services.
Alishia from housekeeping was great! I left something after checkout, drove back to the resort to retrieve it and she was holding it for me hoping I returned!
Robert at the transportation desk. I think he's a bellman.

CONS:
The beach is rocky and dirty.

Guests smoke at the pool, beach, and outdoor bars.

The phone in my room didn't work from the day I checked in and no one came to fix it although I reported it upon arrival. That means anytime I needed something I had to walk to the front desk.

Upon check in (I got there about 6:30 pm), my bathroom had a stack of dirty towels in the center of the floor and the wastebaskets hadn't been emptied.

No hooks in the bathroom to hang wet towels. Not a one!

The food is bland and common; everything you eat at home is served here daily. NOT ONCE was a traditional Jamaican breakfast offered. Eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc. everyday.

Some women at the front desk are downright nasty. One even tried to discourage and actually stop me from attempting to retrieve my left item! Told me that no one turned it in so it must be gone. She wasn't even going to check with or call someone in housekeeping!

Another woman at the front desk told me that I couldn't set up late checkout a day ahead of time although I was holding in my hand, the departure letter from the hotel stating that their policy was to schedule late checkouts the day before departure. So was this woman unfamiliar with the hotel's policy (it was clearly printed on the letter I was holding), or was she just choosing not to allow me to set up late checkout?

I paid for transportation back to the airport. I arrived thirty minutes ahead of time to the transportation desk. The men sitting at that desk spent their time laughing and joking so much, my ride came and left. Their job was to inform me when the van arrived, but they were too busy clowning around. They thought it was hilarious and laughed right in my face as well as spoke to me harshly as if it were my responsibility to go up to every van that pulled up every five minutes to ask if it was there for me.

I did notice that when certain guests are present, the staff in general, seems to pull out their best professional behavior. However, they seem to be under the impression that certain guests don't warrant the same treatment.

NOW FOR THE THIEVERY:
A person in my party had $1200 stolen from her safe. Another woman had $400 stolen from her safe the day before. Every room has a safe, you input your code, you're done. Both ladies went to use their codes, the safes wouldn't open, a staff member came to use the hotel's override code, safe opens and the money is gone. The common denominator? Both women were BRIDES! Both thefts occurred while the weddings were in progress. The timestamps from the electronic key cards prove this in my friends case.

Another person traveling with us had the same thing happen where her code didn't work and the hotel staff had to use the override code except that she didn't have money in her safe, she had electronics.

The management (Mr. Love and his boss the General Manager) were unhelpful, dismissive, and downright condescending. They accused the bridal party of stealing the money, and when that theory didn't fly, they actually blamed the groom of stealing his own money! They suggested he take a polygraph exam to exonerate himself. How insulting! I can't make this stuff up folks! You had to be there to witness this circus. The police came and of course found nothing. No print dusting, no questioning staff, just determined that the case was closed because the culprit couldn't be determined.

Something else odd happened. I had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door, but at 11:30 pm someone knocked on my door and declared they were from housekeeping. I looked out the peep hole to see two men with towels in their hands. I told them I didn't need anything. I wonder if they were really trying to deliver towels or just see if I was in my room?

So all in all I felt unsafe, the menu was tasteless and repetitive, and the greater majority of the staff possessed an arrogant, discourteous, grouchy demeanor.

STAY ANYWHERE BUT HERE!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
34  Thank Eusabia3
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The property is magnificent. The staff is friendly, entertaining, courteous and helpful; overall a great set of people. They remembered our names, kept us abreast of activities, always greeted us with a friendly smile and a willingness to help with whatever we needed. From the moment we checked in Kereesha and Tracy Ann were amazing. The sit down check in experience was exceptional with the scented face rag and cool cocktails that greeted us. Vanessa and Allison Henry in the Buffet were more than we asked for. They accommodated us with whatever accompaniments we needed for our meals (condensed milk and hot pepper). There was one day I wanted an omelet with turkey and there was none on the line, just pork. Allison got me a specially made turkey omelet from the kitchen and she did it with a smile. Samantha on the 5th Floor service desk was so pleasant; Jennifer by the pool kept our glasses filled with refreshing cocktails all served with a smile, the security guard by the beach ensured we stayed on the hotel property. The steakhouse was to die for;never had I had a piece of sirloin so good; tender and cooked to perfection. Chef Damian in Zen was the highlight of our trip, his vibe made dinner a comedy experience with the bonus of having great food. He was so welcoming and pleasant, gave us all aliases as he prepared the meal blended with his stories. The only drawback is the wait at the Italian restaurant and the food; wasn't all bad but could definitely be improved; Jermar tried but the delay in being seated and getting our food far overshadowed his efforts. The Buffet also had a few minor drawbacks, the amount of pork available was more than any other meat kind so if, like me, you are not a pork eater, then your choices were very limited. Other than than that, it was a great family experience, a party of 12 and we are all planning to return to the Royalton next year.

Room Tip: Room 529 was gave a great view of the pools, beach and restaurants. The floor was quiet and that room was also close to the stairs making it easier to run down to the entertainment areas without having to use the elevators at the front of the property.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kameel J

Hello Kameel,

It was a pleasure to have hosted you on your recent visit to Royalton White Sands. Thank you for your kind feedback about our staff, service and facilities and for taking the time to share your review of your experience with us and others.

Thanks again for visiting us and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back Home.
Have a royal day!

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Our stay here has been outstanding! Best of all has been the GREAT Jerk Chicken and Pork on the beach made by Chef Kirk! He makes the best Jerk, period. I have made 12 trips to Jamaica and this is the best hands down. It is spiced perfectly and is worth the trip alone to stay at the beautiful 5 Star Royalton White Sands Resort!

Thank you Chef Kirk for your outstanding cooking!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family