6,468 results
All reviewsroyalton white sandssports bardiamond clubitalian restaurantmartini baradult poolkids clubfamily pooljerk chickentime sharewater slidesmontego baysteakvip breakfastentertainment teamocean viewfood was great
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Stayed at the Royalton White Sands from November 27,2017 to December 4, 2017. I was traveling with my husband and two children who are both under the age of 3. First impression of resort was amazing until we got up to our room. Our rom was in the 5th floor. The room was super small and air conditioning wasn’t working and the room had a funky mouldy smell. I immediately went down to the front desk to ask for another room. After waiting an hour they moved us to the 2nd floor. The room size wa the exact same but at least the air conditioning was working but they are stairs to get up to this room and as I mentioned I was traveling with small children which meant we had to carry up and down our stroller the entire trip. The first morning the power went out for an hour. The food was just ok. Also I have celiac disease which means I’m on a gluten free diet. The didn’t a poor job at accommodating my dietary needs. The pools looked nice but unfortunately the power was off on the kids pool more than it was on. They advertise multiple restaurants but only 3 were open the rest were closed for renovations. We are at the buffet most days. The food was the same every day. Service was ok. Very disappointed. Not a luxury hotel. Will never stay here again. My children got a terrible fever. I ended up having to go to the hospiten which is there hospital and the doctor told me he had a ear infection. I’m home now and they have hand foot and mouth disease. Nurse on resort was rude. Sunwing representative was rude. No one cared. No one showed compassion. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank petradeandrade
RoyaltonJamaica, General Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear petradeandrade,

Let me thank you for spending your vacation at our resort.

We are very sorry to learn through your review that your vacation experience with us was not very enjoyable. Please accept our deepest apology for the inconveniences which you encountered. We are also assuring you that work is being done to have the issues positively addressed and measures put in place to guard against any recurrence.

It is our mission to not only meet but exceed the expectations of our valued guests. It seems however that on this occasion, we fell below our standards.

My team understands that even with a sincere apology, any negative perception which you may have about our resort will not be immediately erased. We are hoping that sometime in the future you will return here and allow us to deliver on our promise of the most enjoyable luxury included vacation.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Day 1 - Here for 8 days. So far, the people have been great. But the experience lackluster. It seems they are always conveniently out of any mid range liquors. Pool bar only has lower end vodka. “Waiting on stock” for Absolut and even Skyy...

However, the staff at the bars have been amazing. Peter has been nothing but nice even though he is not provided all the appropriate liquors.

Will update as the days continue.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
RoyaltonJamaica, General Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Justin G,

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation at our resort.

We are extremely disappointed to know that your vacation experience was not great and that you encountered a number of challenges which negatively impacted your stay. Please allow me to extend our deepest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered. We are also assuring you that the necessary actions have been taken to address the issues.

My team and I are fully aware that even with a profound apology, any negative perception which you may have about our resort will not be immediately erased. It is our hope that sometime in the future, you will return here and allow us to treat you to a vacation experience which will surely match your expectations.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I visited this hotel mid Nov with a close friend of mine booking through TUI. Before arriving I’ll be honest, I was slightly nervous having spent a couple of months reading the mixed reviews on here prior to coming.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were beckoned towards the seating area, first impressions of the hotel were good. The lobby looked awesome and we were immediately welcomed by one of the lobby staff Kevon. Kevon provided us with a refreshing face towel and cocktail all whilst singing to welcome us and boy can he sing. Within a Few minutes we were issued with our wrist band/room access band and staff assisted us to the room with our cases, again the staff bent over backwards to help.

I was slightly nervous at what the room was going to be like after reading past reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, not too small and air con was working! we were in a room where there was an interconnecting room door to another room. At first I didn’t think anything of it but come bedtime when I was jet-lagged and ready to sleep and the other room occupants returned I couldn’t believe how clear you could hear what they were doing or saying. I heard everything from the male coughing through the night, spitting, talking and snoring!! It felt like I was sharing a bed with them. The last straw was when I could smell them having a cigarette. As a non smoker it was repulsive.

In the morning I went to reception and informed them that I wouldn’t/couldn’t put up with the noise for my 10 night stay And asked for a room change. The reception were very helpful and within an hour we had a new twin room with no interconnecting door! Hurray...no noise issues for the rest of our stay. Again the room size was ok and clean, the beds were comfy and sheets clean. I have to be honest though but little things let the room down like loose plugs, hairdryer didn’t work, if you didn’t leave the air con on at all times the room would become damp and the floor wet! The air con was freeeeeezing and sometimes felt unbearable, the room smelt slightly damp throughout our stay and the decorating could have been better. Just little things like paint drops on the floor tiles, painting over plugs and over damp instead of trying to fix the issues. I would also suggest you tick the box for room service to clean your room in the 0900-1200 slot because one evening we returned at 6pm having been out from 8am and our room still wasn’t cleaned. It was quickly rectified but at our inconvenience. I also have to agree with other comments re the shower temperature. Most of the time we didn’t have any issues but if you do use the shower between 5-8pm it is only Luke warm and not very enjoyable to say the least. Our room was 549 which wasn’t the best view from the balcony as it overlooked the top of a flat building and the generators although we looked passed that and were able to see the sunset behind the mountains every evening so again not a big issue as most of our time was spent outside our room.

The resort itself is beautiful and kept clean at all times by the staff who work hard through the day and night keeping everywhere spotless. The food was awesome and being English I enjoyed trying the American and Jamaican dishes,lots of variety too and not once did I get bored trying it all and there was plenty, contrary to what I had read. We also tried the steakhouse twice and the steaks were amazing,cooked to perfection, if you like big dishes though make sure to order more then one side as the side dishes are tiny. We also tried the tex mex which was nice and we also liked the Asian restaurant, beware though that not all restaurants are open every night, this is probably due to low season but try and plan otherwise you could miss out.

I have to say a big shoutout to Jeffry and his fitness team. They were the friendliest funniest bunch always encouraging but not in your face with fitness. We tried boot camp, TRX, yoga and aqua fitness. We loved them all and they catered for all levels of fitness so I would say give something a go. Jeffry would make an effort to come say hi every day even when we didn’t do any fitness. He was a ray of sunshine with passion for his fitness. Keep up the good work fitness team.

Must do’s: ricks cafe is amazing. Mystic mountains with chair lift up the mountain to bobsleigh and zipwire is a must do. Dunn’s River Falls - just do it, wow! And horse riding into the sea. AMAZING experience. We booked through TUI and it wasn’t cheap but I would do them all again.

For any animal lovers going there are a few dogs and cats around the resort but they are well looked after and stay beach side so please don’t be put off.

Overall the Jamaican people are the friendliest people I’ve met. The resort I wouldn’t give a 5* but more a 4*⬇️ due to above comments re room issues. Staff are lovely, the place is clean,food and drink are in abundance and staff will bend over backwards to make your stay worthwhile.

Thank you for some great memories Jamaica.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Lisa A,

The management and staff of Royalton White Sands take this opportunity to thank you for spending your vacation at our resort.

We are pleased to know that you had a great vacation experience with us...one which started on the right note with great singing from our Lobby Host, Kevon. It is also nice to learn that you enjoyed the variety and quality of our dining and drinking options as well as our fantastic entertainment.

Please note that we do welcome the comments which you have made about challenges which you had. Already we have started to work on correcting them and will ensure that there is no recurrence.

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to Royalton White Sands for what will surely be another awesome vacation experience.

One Love!!!

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Double the fun with ROYALTON WHITE SANDS on one side sharing space with the newest addition on the other side with ROYALTON BLUE WATERS. Yes the room are much nicer and bigger on the Blue Water side, but being able to access both was just amazing. The waterslides, the lazy river, the beautiful and gigantic pools were perfect. Staff with smile, speaks English (sorry but for once speaking English 2nd language instead of Spanish 3rd language was such a pleasure for me).
My 2 favorite sports persons who entirely made my week: ANDRE and DARREN. Andre will be a great yoga teacher one day, he is already amazing. He made such an impression on myself and others. His classes were so full that my last class with him on Sat 2 dec was SO FULL we had to add to person in front of the deck :) Everybody loves him !!!!
Darren is a fantastic person it was a pleasure to meet him.
At the bar at night right in front of Steakhouse and OPA: Amanda. Such an amazing person so funny.
Sandrieka with animation team.

ROYALTON ADMINISTRATION : We've heard through the branches that administration is forcing staff to push client on doing reviews on Trip advisor (lot's of the staff were asking...often which was annoying) and based on reviews and people commenting on their work they keep their job... Better not be true. I'm keeping contact, and will be back to see in six month.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
RoyaltonJamaica, General Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Marie-Julie C,

It is my pleasure to express thanks to you for spending your vacation at Royalton White Sands.

My team and I are pleased to learn through your five-star review that you had a great vacation experience with us and thoroughly enjoyed our service and amenities, including our fitness activities. Thank you for the positive endorsement that you have given to that programme. Your kind words for the service received from our Waitress Amanda and Sandrika from our Animation team are appreciated and will be passed on to them.

We are hoping that you will return to Royalton White Sands very soon for what will surely be another awesome vacation experience.

One Love!!!

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

PROS: this resort is really beautiful. Lots of pools, close to the ocean, super friendly staff and great service. A big shout out goes to Kimano and Charmaine at the SPA. Both were superb at their jobs. Also Tristina at the general store was very good at her job. And Iyesha our server by the pool. All of you did an amazing job! However the CONS stack up somewhat. The food was just average. What was really poor quality consistently was room service. Usually took 10 minutes for someone to answer the phone. Food was cold, hard and not very tasty. The buffet was slightly above average. The steak house and Jason our server was wonderful. Most of the complaints are from the room with doors that didn't completely shut, sinks that didn't stop leaking. Would love to give this place at least 4 stars but think that some aspects from a business stand point need addressing.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hubbs52016

Dear hubbs52016,

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation at Royalton White Sands, where it was our pleasure being your host.

We are extremely pleased to learn that for the most part, your vacation experience was great and that you received the highest level of service from everyone especially Kimano and Charmaine at the SPA. Jason, Tristina, and Iyesha.

The points which you have raised in your review in respect of the areas of opportunity for us to improve our resort have been duly noted and already being actioned.

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to Royalton White Sands for another great vacation experience where you will once again be served by our very efficient and professional team members.