6,475 results
All reviewsroyalton white sandssports bardiamond clubitalian restaurantmartini baradult poolkids clubfamily pooljerk chickensteakwater slidesmontego baytime sharevip breakfastentertainment teamfood was greatocean view
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent 2 weeks at the Royalton White Sands resort for our honeymoon. We stayed from 15/11/17 to 29/11/17. It was the best holiday we have ever had and we would do it all again if we could. The staff are amazing and are so helpful and kind. The hotel itself is absolutely spotless 24/7. Also the food is gorgeous and there is something for everyone. I've tried foods and tasted things that I've never experienced before.

The Room:
Firstly I would like to say that we were really impressed with the room. It wasn't huge but it was plenty spacious enough and we had a beautiful view of the ocean and the whole complex. The room was always cleaned and stocked with drinks. Our towels were changed regularly and our beds were made and even turned down with little chocolates placed near the pillows. We ordered room service a couple of times which was nice but we tended to want to go and experience the food in the restaurant. It was my birthday during the vacation and on the day they decorated my room and wrote happy birthday on the bed sheets using flowers and leaves which was a truly remarkable and so thoughtful.

the food:
The food was beautiful. We tried every restaurant and the buffet hall and all were amazing. The Zen restaurant was an experience I will remember forever. Our favourite was the steakhouse. We dined there on the night of my birthday and they brought me a decorated plate and some cake and the staff sang happy birthday to me. All in all the food was 5/5. The restaurants open at 6 and we never had to wait for a table at that time. The later it gets the more chance there is of having to wait but they do give you a buzzer so you can continue having a drink etc. The portion sizes are plentyful and we were never left hungry

The staff:
Every member of staff we bumped into or dealt with was so kind. They honestly could not have done enough and nothing was too much to ask. I would like to thank a few members of staff that we became friends with during our visit,

Kerridene Taylor - We met Kerridene at the buffet restaurant and she always greeted us with a smile and made the effort to speak with us. She is so polite. On our final day she came to us to say goodbye once we had finished our meals which I thought was really touching.

Kenisha - Kenisha was our cleaner (room 303). We frequently spoke with Kenisha and she was always very friendly. Our room was spotless. Thank you for cleaning our room. I feel this is a very important part of a vacation as your room is the place you go to relax and rest so you want it to be comfortable, which it was.

Shane and Deshawn - Firstly, what a pair! These two are amazing. They are full of high spirits and never fail to get you in the mood. Shane takes orders and brings you drinks poolside, while Deshawn works behind the pool bar. On our last day both of them took time to personally see us off and posed for photographs. Thanks guys, you made our holiday.

Jeffrey Malcolm and Darren Oliver - These two are part of the fitness team. Jeffrey is the manager and Darren is a member of his team. I met Jeffrey in the gym on the first day of our vacation, and I'm so glad that I did. I was introduced to 'bootcamp' and I never looked back. I'm into fitness so this was like a breath of fresh air for me. There are numerous activities which they run, all of which challenge you. It doesn't matter what fitness level you are or what ability you have as they tailor it to you. Jeffrey really pushes you and drives you on while Darren is so full of energy and really gets involved. Make sure to take part in some of the fitness programmes, you won't be disappointed. I met two amazing friends. Keep up the good work guys

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would go back if I got the chance. Thank you Royalton White Sands

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
RoyaltonJamaica, General Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Matt E,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your honeymoon vacation with us here at Royalton White Sands.

It is really nice to learn that you had a great vacation experience and that you have found our resort to be an amazing vacation spot.

We are pleased to learn that you received the very best service from everyone including Kerridene, Kenisha, Shane, and Deshawn as well as members of the fitness team, headed by Manager Jeffrey Malcolm and his team member Darren Oliver.

My team and I are anticipating that you will spread the news of how great your vacation experience was among your friends and associates with a view to encouraging them to pay us a visit as well.

We are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back for your first wedding anniversary celebrations and for another great vacation experience.

One Love!!!

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Just arrived home after two weeks staying on the white sands side .
The hotel has so much to offer to keep you entertained all day then into the evening. From the moment we arrived we were met by members of staff that were genuinely happy to see you no matter the time of day. The hotel itself was incredible we went in the low season so some restaurants were only open certain nights and you did see some workmen around doing work but they in no way interrupted our holiday if anything it was nice seeing a hotel updating things
A quick mention to a few members of staff Kerry who works on floor 5 who was professional and friendly
Tasha who was part of the entertainment staff who made a point of coming around everyday even if it was just to say hotel
Shane the pool side waiter who not only ensured we always had a drink but who was also a genuine laugh and someone who would always stop for a chat
All in all we loved this hotel and it exceeded our expectations thank you again to every member of staff and we will be back

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie H

Dear Jamie H,

The Management and staff of Royalton White Sands take this opportunity to truly thank you for spending your vacation at our resort.

It is an amazing feeling to hear from you, our valued guest that your vacation experience actually "exceeded your expectations". We thank you for such a positive review of our resort, the amenities and the service received from members of staff including Tasha and Shane.

Please share your experience with your friends and associates and encourage them to come for a taste of the Royalton White Sands experience.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Royalton White Sands for another incredible vacation experience.

One Love!

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Original booking was for 11/21/17 - 11/27/17, we checked out on 11/22/17. My wife & I booked an all inclusive through our travel agent, we had heard some good things from family members ( although they had stayed here 3 years ago). Upon arrival at 2:30 p.m., (check in at 3 p.m.) we were asked to wait in the lobby because power was down and they could not check us in. We waited, and waited, and waited, finally at 4 p.m. I asked the concierge if we could please be allowed into our room because we were both exhausted and over-heating, long day, left our home at 2 a.m. for the airport.... Well after some consternation, we were allowed to check into our room, no air conditioning, and still not "officially" checked in. That night was miserable, no power and no a/c. The next morning we asked about getting checked in, and finally got our wrist bands so we could get something to eat. We happened upon some guests that were checking out, and we got an earful. One Canadian lady we spoke with in the elevator told us "never again" she'd been here all week and most of that time she was without a/c and frequent power outages. Well we'd heard enough !!! This was our first vacation in 3.5 years, we work hard for our money and we are not going to put up with no air conditioning, and power outages. if we'd wanted to rough it, we would have chosen a different type of vacation, but we chose an "All inclusive, Luxury hotel" or so we thought, silly us to think we could splurge on ourselves for the first time in so long ! We called our travel agent and within hours she got us a very nice room at the Riu Palace, about 10-15 minutes away. We got to the Riu Palace and the room was ready for us, a/c worked, checked in and un-packed immediately upon arrival. What can I say ?? The Royalton has so much potential, and when our family member stayed here 3 years ago, it was different, but there's something amiss, is it poor management ? who knows, but we're just 2 people, and I know for a fact that there are many, many others who've had a bad experience here. Also, the restaurants are open on alternating nights, not all restaurants are open every night. Not a big deal, but if you put yourself out there as a Luxury All Inclusive Resort, then the Royalton is not hitting its' mark.

Room Tip: Talk to your travel agent, they know what's going on, they get constant feed back from their clients.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Mike L
RoyaltonJamaica, General Manager at Royalton White Sands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Mike L,

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation at our resort.

We thank you for your review but are very disappointed to learn that you did not have a great vacation experience. Kindly allow me to apologize for the inconveniences which you encountered and to advise you that members of my team and I are already taking the necessary actions to have those corrected.

My team and I do welcome feedback from our valued guests as we move towards improving our service delivery standards.

We do understand that even with the most sincere apology any negative perception which you may have about our resort will not be immediately erased. It is our hope that sometime in the future you will return here and allow us to treat you to a vacation experience which will stay with you forever.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Stayed at the Royalton White Sands from November 27,2017 to December 4, 2017. I was traveling with my husband and two children who are both under the age of 3. First impression of resort was amazing until we got up to our room. Our rom was in the 5th floor. The room was super small and air conditioning wasn’t working and the room had a funky mouldy smell. I immediately went down to the front desk to ask for another room. After waiting an hour they moved us to the 2nd floor. The room size wa the exact same but at least the air conditioning was working but they are stairs to get up to this room and as I mentioned I was traveling with small children which meant we had to carry up and down our stroller the entire trip. The first morning the power went out for an hour. The food was just ok. Also I have celiac disease which means I’m on a gluten free diet. The didn’t a poor job at accommodating my dietary needs. The pools looked nice but unfortunately the power was off on the kids pool more than it was on. They advertise multiple restaurants but only 3 were open the rest were closed for renovations. We are at the buffet most days. The food was the same every day. Service was ok. Very disappointed. Not a luxury hotel. Will never stay here again. My children got a terrible fever. I ended up having to go to the hospiten which is there hospital and the doctor told me he had a ear infection. I’m home now and they have hand foot and mouth disease. Nurse on resort was rude. Sunwing representative was rude. No one cared. No one showed compassion. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank petradeandrade

Dear petradeandrade,

Let me thank you for spending your vacation at our resort.

We are very sorry to learn through your review that your vacation experience with us was not very enjoyable. Please accept our deepest apology for the inconveniences which you encountered. We are also assuring you that work is being done to have the issues positively addressed and measures put in place to guard against any recurrence.

It is our mission to not only meet but exceed the expectations of our valued guests. It seems however that on this occasion, we fell below our standards.

My team understands that even with a sincere apology, any negative perception which you may have about our resort will not be immediately erased. We are hoping that sometime in the future you will return here and allow us to deliver on our promise of the most enjoyable luxury included vacation.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Day 1 - Here for 8 days. So far, the people have been great. But the experience lackluster. It seems they are always conveniently out of any mid range liquors. Pool bar only has lower end vodka. “Waiting on stock” for Absolut and even Skyy...

However, the staff at the bars have been amazing. Peter has been nothing but nice even though he is not provided all the appropriate liquors.

Will update as the days continue.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Justin G,

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation at our resort.

We are extremely disappointed to know that your vacation experience was not great and that you encountered a number of challenges which negatively impacted your stay. Please allow me to extend our deepest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered. We are also assuring you that the necessary actions have been taken to address the issues.

My team and I are fully aware that even with a profound apology, any negative perception which you may have about our resort will not be immediately erased. It is our hope that sometime in the future, you will return here and allow us to treat you to a vacation experience which will surely match your expectations.