“Love La Estacion”

Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kitchen opens Thursday -Monday at 5pm. Restaurant closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Contemporary Puerto Rican and BBQ fare all cooked over natural charcoal on an outdoor grill. Ingredients locally grown or caught. Outdoor seating and indoor dining room available.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Love La Estacion”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This used to be a gas station. The guy opened up this restaurant a few years ago. Everything on the grill, yes! Great drinks, nice vibe. Try the green papaya salad, the whole fish on the grill. The local arepas are to die for.

Visited June 2014

New York City, New York
“Lobster was amazing!!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

So, it has been a whole year since I've had the pleasure of eating at this restaurant and I still think about how good the food was. The restaurant was located near our hotel, The Conquistador, so it was easy for us to walk there. The drinks were good, the ambiance was good, but the food was great!!! The lobsters were grilled and served with a side of papaya salad and tostones. I believe it was pricey, but it was well worth every dollar. Make sure to bring bug repellent since most of the seating is outside. Highly recommend and splurge on the lobster!!!

• Visited July 2013
Braselton, Georgia
“A-mazing!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We rented a car just for this restaurant. The Sangria was perfect. The ambiance and staff were great. My husband and I ordered a 2lb. Whole Red Snapper with Rice and Beans to share. It was fun and delicious to eat. The fish was to die for, and the rice and beans were incredible. We ate at restaurants on our hotel the first two nights, and now wish we had eaten here all three nights! It was great. We highly recommend it! Call to make sure they are open (we were told they close randomly), and make a reservation so you don't have to wait. DELICIOUS!!!!

• Visited June 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Food is incredible”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Can see why you wait a while to get a seat. The food was delicious. The waiter could have been more attentive, but he was not terrible. We got some areppos they were very tasty. Highly recommend this place.

Delmar, New York
“Probably our favorite restaurant in the world!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My wife, adult daughter, and I first visited La Estacion three years ago when staying nearby in Fajardo. We loved it then and hoped to be able to return on a future visit to Puerto Rico. We just had the pleasure and this time were joined by our other daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids.

Because we had small children with us, we arrived as the restaurant opened at 5:00 pm. Since it was still light out, we chose to sit indoors rather than at one of the torchlit outdoor tables. One of the things we like the most about this place is that the typical Puerto Rican dishes, such as rice and beans, mofongo, and fried plantain tostones are clearly labeled as vegetarian. In fact, it is easy to put together an entirely vegetarian and delicious platter composed of 4 side dishes. What the place really specializes in is barbecued dishes. My wife and I shared a whole grilled red snapper. It was probably the freshest fish we have ever had since it had just been delivered by the supplier while we were ordering our drinks! As long as I am on the subject of drinks, I must add that my daughter and I agree that our Mojitos were the best we have ever had. We ended the meal by sharing a couple of great local style desserts: flan with cherry sauce and a banana filled pastry. This was a great ending to an amazing meal.

By the time we left at about 6:30, people were lined up to get in -- on a Tuesday night -- true testimony to the greatness of this place.

A final note: staff was very friendly and accommodating of our large group with children. They also spoke fluent English.

Visited June 2014