“Best food I ever had so far”
Review of La Estacion

La Estacion
Ranked #3 of 105 Restaurants in Fajardo
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kitchen opens Thursday -Monday at 5pm. Restaurant closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Contemporary Puerto Rican and BBQ fare all cooked over natural charcoal on an outdoor grill. Ingredients locally grown or caught. Outdoor seating and indoor dining room available.
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Of all restaurants I ever been to. Must visit this place. There are others that has good reviews but this came up number 3 and it's so good I don't want to try others but I'll give one day to try another lol.

1  Thank Luis R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,892)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

You must try this restaurant, we went on our first night in town and on our last and were not disappointed either time. The staff is very friendly and very efficient, they even remembered us from the first time we were in, the patio atmosphere is lively and fun. We had the whole red snapper with papaya salad and the BBQ ribs the first time and both were excellent and quite flavorful, and prepared perfectly, the side of aparita that came with the fish was so yummy we couldn't wait to go back for more. We also had a fried pastry filled with bananas topped with ice cream as well as the cheese flan both were totally awesome! The second time we ordered aparita as an appetizer still yummy! Had the ribs and tried the mofongo with mahi and shrimp and wow, this dish is so flavorful and good I couldn't get enough! We did the same desserts again and still awesome! I highly recommend that you try La Estacion, you find something you love there!

1  Thank Charise S
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My resort issue was a nightmare at El Conquistador so decided to take a drive and passed by for a bite. From the cocktails (watermelon margarita) to their whole fried snapper - I think this made my trip a lot more memorable. The atmosphere is great for both tourists and locals. I love that they use local ingredients.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Had a good time at La Estacion for dinner. Atmosphere is nice and outdoorsy. Service was pretty good. Had the octopus ceviche appetizer and it was out of this world. Ordered mofongo with mahi and shrimp, my husband had it with lobster. Both were superb but extremely salty. I've had mofongo in tons of other places but I couldnt finish this one because of the extreme saltiness. Portions are pretty big so it might be a good idea to share an appetizer and an entree. Our bill was shocking, especially for mofongo. Overall, we felt good to support the locals.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Went here with a family group of eight, so we were able to order a variety of authentic Puerto Rican cuisine. Everything was great! Try the Mahi Mahi Mofongo. Yum!

1  Thank Quill78