El Conquistador is a beautiful property. My room is nice and has a great view of the golf course and the sea.The bathroom is huge. The closet is in the bathroom which I like, but might not be for all. Bed was super comfortable. Just a few oddities. The sectional has a vinyl cover, not a very inviting spot to sit. My room didn't have lotion, a room service menu or a suitcase stand. They brought them, but it took about 20-30 minutes each time.
Staff all says hello all the time. That's fine, but I'd rather have superior service than the hellos. Lots of activities. Palomino island is fun.pools are good. Other activities are much cheaper in Fajardo. Huge premium for the resort activities. i played golf. The course was in good shape, but lots of workers were sitting around the greens in carts. It didn't look like they were doing anything. I asked the cart girl for another towel because it was very muddy. She came around 5-6 times, but never brought a towel.
The biggest problem with this resort is the food. It's just not good. I had fish tacos for lunch. The fish filling was good, but. The tacos here old and stale, somewhere between hard and soft. The server asked if everything was ok. I told her the tacos were stale. She said nothing and walked away. I thought she might say something to someone, but she brought the bill no acknowledgment of bad food, no discount, no nothing. Breakfast wasn't great. The Chinese restaurant Blossoms was awful.
If you don't care about food, but are looking for a good room and good activities, this a place for you. If you like to have decent food and not have to leave the resort, not a great choice.
I might come back and spend two nights, but wouldn't be able to handle more..
P.S. My room was in building 4 near the spa. Apparently the rooms in the main building are older and not so great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Prestigia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo