El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
US$165
US$273
TripAdvisor
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn(Luquillo)(Great Value!)
US$131
Ocean Pearl(Luquillo)
US$123
US$242
No availability for your dates from our partners
Melia Coco Beach(Rio Grande)
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
  • Beachfront
7,754 results
All reviewsprivate islandpalomino islandwater parkla marinapuerto ricomarina areachopssplash barferry ridehorseback ridingcable carrented a carwater shoeswalk in closetcafe caribeocean viewlas casitas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The most beautiful hotel in Puerto Rico. The best facilities and attractions. Hotel can accommodate plenty of activities and events during a weekend, so plan accordingly. For a weekend stay, I have to say that having only one cable car was not good. I can understand maintenance, but for a weekend with high occupancy rate it is not good. Guests have to share cars with hotel employees with cars and all kinds of equipment. These can be transported via buses/vans to the lower marina. Maintenance should be scheduled for Mon thru Fri with a healthy spare parts inventory. Water park is a very nice attraction for kids and adults... Prices may seem to be high, but there is no cheap hotel in Puerto Rico. None with these amenities... Restaurants have good service. The only exception is the coffee and pastry shop by the cable cars. System is archaic, slow and frustrating...

1  Thank Reinaldo C
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the resort during thanksgiving for five nights and booked 4 rooms for total of 7 adults and 4 small kids.
Rooms are big but very much outdated. In a couple of rooms phones did not work. Some furniture was broken. We stayed at the marina building which on one hand very nice but far from everything. At night ,besides of the bar which does not serve any coffee or tea , nothing is available. In the rooms they don't have tea , just coffee ( bad, really bad ) . We called room service for two teas and we're responded that our rooms are too far and that they are very busy ... I ended up calling and yelling at the hotel manager on duty who , after half an hour apologized and sent complimentary teas to our rooms. Food is so so... Chinese restaurant was bad , serving on plastic plates was also funny for a " fancy" restaurant. The Italian and the sea food were ok but very very expensive. Breakfast in all places was not good either and the main buffet breakfast restaurant looks like a zoo with that many people . Our room had water dripped from the sealing due to the rain ( which was very strong ) ... Parking is far from the lobby and just adds up to the time it takes to get to your room ,especially if you are at the marina. I am not sure why they charge 20 dollars per day to park your car .. You pay quite a bit for the room ...The only good thing is the location. Beautiful views of the bay. Most of the hotel team members were very polite and gave you good service.
Overall -- this is very far from being a 5 star hotel , as declared.
Never again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank soren0272
Reviewed 4 December 2013

What a beautiful, breathtaking resort!! We enjoyed the ferry over to the private island. The restaurant choices are excellent!! Pools were very nice and clean. The staff was always pleasant. Very romantic!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed there for Thanksgiving weekend and THIS IS NOT A FOUR STAR HOTEL!!!! I have been to other 4-5 star hotels and this was at best a 2 1/2, maybe 3 star hotel. Here's the reasons why: 1)fridge did not work so all the things that I bought were spoiled, 2)carpets in hallways are stained and filthy, 3) the ripped, dirty shower curtain smelled like mildew, 4)all the furniture in the room was chipped and "very used", 5) bathroom door handle was broke, and 6) when we made dinner reservations with the concierge, the restaurant either didn't get the reservation or the concierge overbooked the restaurant so much that we (and other guests) had to wait over 45 min to have dinner!!! What a mess! So poorly managed, very unprofessional, and when you do complain...NO ONE CARES!!! Save your money and stay somewhere else. This place is also so ridiculously expensive that you will never receive the value, quality and service you pay for! The only good thing about this hotel is its views.

4  Thank Gina121298
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Just like the previous writer, I also just registered to write this review.

This resort is a shame on the brand of Waldorf Astoria. I was actually shocked that they were ready to put one of their highest brand's name on a resort with such a poor quality.

This resort was some old property which they have bought. It is like a motel. I stayed in it's Las Brisas wing. That was the highest quality room you can get. Believe me, if I go to my next door holiday inn I will surely get a better room than this.

The hallway carpets are some dirty old carpets which you cannot even find in the crappiest properties these days. Rooms are old. Bathrooms suck. The bath tub is actually below the level of the floor. Forget about a contemporary stall!!! The knob for the water in the tub coming loose and ready to fall off!!

It has no quality restaurants except the CHOPs steakhouse. But if you go for 5 days you cannot eat a steak every day and every meal. There is literally no rhyme or rhythm in the restaurants. The food is extremely overpriced. This resort is located in the boon dogs of PR so you cannot go out of the resort to eat anything unless you are ready to drive 45 minutes for each meal.

Not a single lunch or dinner for a couple and kid were less than 100 dollars. Cafe Caribe and La brista are your breakfast options. La Brista charges 26 dollars per person for breakfast. Cafe Caribe is slightly cheaper and ala carta but it is in the worst shape you can imagine. It is like sitting in an old diner which is never repaired or renovated in more than 30 years and the kind you will expect in middle of nowhere. Not just it was run down it was dirty. We found torn wrappers of splenda two days in a row when we asked for warm milk for my daughter.

There is no beach at the property. You have to take a boat to the Palomino island. The beach over there is rocky. The island again rundown and not really greatly kept.

Service : HORRIBLE and just bad attitude and total disorganization. If you go there you will just not be ready to believe that this place has the brand name of a world class resort.

IF by mistake you end up there the only eatery I will recommend is Caffe Bellavista. That was the only group of people who will not insult you when you order your food. Although their service was slow their food was Edible and pretty much served as our survival support.

THE SPA : again no concept at all. When I asked for a deep tissue massage I feel the lady who was giving me a massage interpreted it as a "CRUSH" therapy or something. In her mind the deep tissue massage probably meant that she could just lean with her forearm on me and apply her full weight instead of using her fingers to actually go deep in the tissues. And oh yes, I asked for Ayurvedic Head Massage which they even advertise in their video as oil dropping on your forehead. I understand and didn't expect actually oil dropping on my forehead however I did expect that she will use oil and actually move her hands at least once on my scalp. They charged me 77$ for the head massage and believe me or not - not a single time she even touched my scalp. When she said it was done with my back massage and head massage that's when I realized apparently whatever she did or "did not do " included my head and scalp massage. I DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY so I just left.

In summary : this place is a rip off. It is filthy and on top of it they have no shame in charging exorbitant money for the worst quality in everything that they offer. I have been quite loyal to Hilton for many years but this experience changes my mind.

8  Thank Mangsinny