Stayed at the resort for our WeddingMoon (thankfully we decided to get married off the resort as the reviews are not good for their wedding services). When we arrived the front desk guy upgraded our garden room to a marina view room for no cost! Glad we chose to do this as the marina is much more quiet than the main hotel. Palomino Island, pools, the room size, cleanliness of the resort, and the staff we all great! However, it cost us $16/day to park, and there was a hidden fee of $25/day for internet charges and such. The food was way overpriced (even at the little convenience stores) so we ended up going to a grocery store to get food to snack on. We also discovered that just a 5-10 min walk down the road from the marina are a few great local restaurants for half the price of the resort meals and just as tasty. It wasn't until our last day there that we discovered there was a calendar of daily events at the resort posted on a 8'11" piece of paper outside a store. We were very disappointed that the resort didn't do better advertising and as a result we missed out on things we would have liked to do. We also got a couples massage at the spa there. Big mistake, $500 later we got a 75 min massage and crappy foot soak, the spa staff was rude but the massages were decent.
We decided to rent a car (do at the airport, not at the hotel as it is much cheaper) and scout about the island ourselves to save some money. We had much more fun doing this than the guided, overpriced tours that the resort offered.
The resort is very kid friendly so if you are thinking of taking your kids to puerto rico this may be the resort for you. If you don't mind overpaying for everything, this may be the resort for you. If you enjoy seeing some amazing views stay in the marina village. If you like to travel frugally or do not enjoy seeing children on your vacation this resort is NOT for you.
We will definitely be coming back to puerto rico, probably not to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo