Pros: This property offers great views of the atlantic and the carribean ocean! There are several pools, restaurants and a water park. There is an arcade and various activities planned throughout the day. If you like Golf, the course looked gorgeous. People (other than front desk and concierge are friendly. Look at the picture which was taken from the resort itself. It says it all!
Cons: The parking fees is outrageous for the price you pay to stay here. It should definitely be included in the resort fees. Second, its way too far from the san juan downtown area. You definitely have to rent a car or be ready to pop a LOT of money for the daily tours. Most people that stay there don't mind paying that kind of money, I guess. Third, there is no beach to take a morning stroll. The beach is a short boat ride away (one of the few things that are included in the stay).. However, I have seen better beaches. Fourth, Front desk people are not friendly at all. Its not that they did anything wrong. But none of them even smile! You are almost hesitant to ask anything. Fifth, they need concierge who knows something about the local area. I had better knowledge and maps than they did. The bellman was more friendly and had useful information than the concierge!
Tips: RENT a car!! You are going to need one. This review is not for the average person that says there since most of them can afford to :-) Its mostly aimed at people who splurge once in a LONG while and aren't used to paying fees for every little thing!
Summary: Great place if you can afford the extra fees. Definitely needs some friendly front desk personnel..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo