I'm not really sure how this resort received a Waldorf moniker. The rooms are very tired to say the least, carpeting that is stained and outdated, air conditioning that barely works if at all, ceiling fans that don't work. I went through 4 refrigerators in less than 3 days and none of them worked. The furniture looked like it was straight out of the 70's, white vinyl sofas with striped pillows, all that was missing was shag carpeting.
Now that being said, the rest of the resort was in much better shape. The golf course is beautiful, although very over priced as is everything in PR, so you just deal with it. The staff in the restaurants and bars were very good, Drakes Martini Bar and the Italian restaurant had the best people working there, they really took good care of me during my stay.
The private island is very nice, but if you go during the off season it's not very well staffed.
The reception area needs more employees that are actually working, there were plenty of them standing around doing nothing, but only 1 person working. It took almost 30 minutes for me to check in when I was the only person checking in. I'm a Diamond Member with Hilton, and I've had better check in experiences at Hampton Inn's in the middle of nowhere.
There is a bar called 21 that is so loud you can't even hear the person next to you if you're trying to talk. They play only local Spanish music there and it's so loud I could barely order a drink when the "DJ" was playing. A lot of fun games etc... in this bar, but go before they crank up the salsa music to save your ear drums.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo