El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
US$153
Official Site
US$245
Orbitz.com
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn(Luquillo)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$280
US$209
Ocean Pearl(Luquillo)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hix Island House(Isla de Vieques)
  • Breakfast included
Bravo Beach Hotel(Isla de Vieques)
  • Beachfront
7,754 results
All reviewsprivate islandpalomino islandwater parkla marinapuerto ricomarina areachopssplash barferry ridehorseback ridingcable carrented a carwater shoeswalk in closetcafe caribeocean viewlas casitas
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This resort is in a beautiful location and could be top notch, but it's not.

Let's begin with what I liked about my room - it was large. Now for the rest. The hotel is Days Inn quality with rooms that are in dire need of upgrading and are poorly maintained. The furniture in the rooms and the public spaces is old and threadbare. My room had many stained and dirty surfaces and you could see the dirt and mildew buildup in the corners. The air conditioning cooled the room but didn't seem to dehumidify, and the blower was like a turbofan engine. Even though you must pay a resort fee, I didn't get clean sheets every time I asked for them.

I was there for a business conference which was a small consolation. I know it's difficult to prepare food for a large group, but I've been to many conferences and the food here was among the worst. Again, the public areas of the conference center were less than stellar. There were small groupings of furniture in the public areas that sat on area rugs, and these rugs were taped all the way around with duct tape. Additionally, the carpet was bubbled.

On my last full day, I did get to spend a couple fo hours around the pool and the service was good. Also, there are two workout facilities on property. Interestingly, one is as bad as I've ever seen, and the other (in the spa) is as good as I've ever seen in a hotel.

I ate dinner at Blossoms on my last evening and it was one of the worst, and priciest Chinese dinners I've ever had. Burnt cashews along with a strong oil flavor, but very little other flavor was my experience.

In all, I'd never choose this place as a drestination for a vacation.

Room Tip: Make sure you have an ocean front room. My room faced a palm tree and the corner of a tennis court.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank T W
Matt L, Manager at El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your stay with us. The comfort of our guests is our first priority, and I appreciate your sharing your concerns regarding the condition of your guest room. I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure that cleanliness issues and never interfere with the singular Waldorf luxury experiences we promise our guests. I will also keep your review in mind as we look towards changes in our menu offerings. Thank you again for your feedback, and I invite you to contact us directly if you have any additional comments or suggestions.

Matt Leavitt
mleavitt@luxuryresorts.com

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Hotel was very relaxing and had all of the amenities one needed. Hotel Staff was very thoughtful and provided top notch service. Beds were extremely comfortable and rooms were spacious. Drinks were outstanding and the opportunity to visit the island for snorkeling, boating and beaching was great! Fredrick as an outstanding driver and tour guide to Old San Juan for us during our stay. You could tell he was very proud of his heritage and very conscious of our needs and wants to during our visit.

Room Tip: The views from the Las Brisas building were outstanding
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank BrianH0801
Matt L, Manager at El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay with us. It is great to hear about the outstanding service that you were offered during your stay. We are hopeful you can share your experience with others and come back and see us again very soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this resort as part of a work event. The rooms were modern and beautiful and large and very clean. The staff was great. The food was great. The pool was awesome. There is nothing I can possibly say that isn't first rate with this location. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Wow, what a pleasant review of the resort. We certainly thank you for taking the time to write some of your impressions during your stay. We certainly will welcome you back and any of your friends and family that you might share your experiences with. We look forward to your return arrival.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had a great 5 day stay at El Con. The sweeping views of the ocean from every spot in the hotel were truly amazing. The bar's served good cocktails and the breakfast was awesome. We did not have too many choices for dinner and Blossoms was ok and very pricey. We loved Puerto Rico and the El Yunque rainforest as well. We (Husband and two kids) did not want to leave the sunshine and go back to the terrible winter.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building of the hotel to get a good view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of the resort. The resort truly offers all sorts of options for all sorts of travelers. With the golf course, spa, private island, or water park, you are sure to find something for all ages to enjoy. Hopefully you can stay warm for the rest of the long winter, but if not, we would love to have your family visit us again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I must say this was the most wonderful time every spent on vacation and this hotel with all the amenities was fantastic. I would do this every year and I will tell all my friends about it. I especially loved the private island that your boats took us to every half hour. WOW. The horse ride on the island was excellent. I really enjoyed the people in charge of the ride and the horse care. Dr Kelly DVM really is doing a nice job with her family to improve the horses and facility. More power to them. Give her, Danielle, Christopher and Ray a big HELLO from Michigan.

Room Tip: sea side and up high..great views and interior court yard was fabulous. I mean WOW.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family