When we arrive at location, Our room was ok, bathroom was clean .The property is beautiful and includes many shops, restaurants and bars.
The hotel restaurant (Chops steakhouse) was very good, clean and the food was top quality too. The creme brule at the italian restaurant was delicious . Bella vista cafe a nice bar/restaurant overlooking pool and the ocean-, we had a good time there thanks to Leydi.
Another bar we went to, was the martini bar. What a beautiful bar with an even more beautiful
terrace, and great service. the best dirty martini Ive tasted. But in this particular day we decide
to go in, order some cigars .Were sitting outside, smoking having a good time. The server
came out to ask us if we needed anything,but we only wanted to smoke in the terrace.. Then a woman with dark hair, a very loud tone and an attitude came to our table to say that we needed to drink if we wanted to keep the bar open.( apparently , they were having a slow night thats why the bar was closing 10:30.) One of my friends told her we only wanted to finish our cigars and then we would leave, but she, and in a very unprofessional way, insisted that she needed to close the bar and that she would give us 10 minutes to finish our cigars!. So I asked to speak with the manager. she laughed, and said, "here you have it in front of you". Her name was Desire (we saw the name tag) . No complains about service ,servers were nice, but this so called manager needs to get away from this hotel. She was rude! Not even an apology.
We took advantage of the complimentary boat ride over to Palomino Island where you can ride horses, swim , jetski, etc.
OVERALL, it was a good experience. Food was a bit pricey, but delicious.
Thanks to all the staff. Especially to Jorge, Leydi, Jelisa, Jose, and Tito who looked after us so well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo