I am a local Puerto Rico resident, and was looking for a place to go with my young kids (7 & 3). El Conquistador is a nice resort with wonderful ammenities. The Coqui Water Park is great fun for the whole family and the food at the Oasis Bar and Grill at park is perfect for hot days: beer, burgers, salads, wraps, frapees, etc. The hotel pools are big and have areas for all. Very relaxed. Their private Island of Palominos is just 15-20 min away by ferry and it's a great beach. The resort itself does not have a beach. The rooms are big, some are better looking than others, we stayed at the hotel. We got the older ones because we used a discounted rate from Gustazos, which is much like Groupon and other services. there is algo Las Casitas, which is amazing and very chic. The rooms at La Marina are also nicer. I have to say that being a local I would not pay full price, but I admit that prices are reasonable.
As for food, Cafe Caribe is my lear favorite becasue the food is not fresh and servioce was just OK. Cafe Bella Vista was our favorite, food is nice, it's outdoors and prices are reasonable. We did not go to the Fine Dinning restaurants biut I know they are good and the chefs are well known. There is great breakfast place and not expensive right before the tram ride to the marina. It used to be David's Cookies, but it has new name. Good, affordable breakfast every morning, a bit slow I would say, but is made to order. The Cozy's Gourmet Market is a grab and go place, and has a small ice cream counter.
In 7 months we went twice, and when another offer comes along we'll grab one. The kids had a great time at the pool and water slides, it's pretty clean, service is good, not great, but better that expected.
Over all, prices at the restaurants and market were nogt as high as I expected. A weekend for 4 was about $600 total, considering that we did not splurge on expensive food. It was a great weekend! Very relaxed, had a great time!
PS: It's in Fajardo, you can get a ferry to Culebra and Vieques, both beautiful island municipalities. Close el Yunque National Forest, only rainforest is the USA. Rent a car if you want to vist Old San Juan.
Come to PR, enjoy my beautiful island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo