“Very nice”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

God food, very nice atmosphere and excellent service. Pasta was fresh and the desserts were very good.

1  Thank Alexandra F
Salgado2, General Manager at La Piccola Fontana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Distinguished Guest,

Saludos from La Piccola Fontana Restaurant!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent visit to our restaurant.

We are delighted that you had such and a wonderfully experiences and decadent culinary delights made you feel so welcome.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the La Piccola Fontana in the near future.

Thank you for the gift of feedback.

Warmest regards,

Jose I. Salgado

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The service was pretty terrible. The food was ho-hum. The two bright spots were the bread and guava butter and the side dish of pasta with olive oil and garlic. It's a resort restaurant, but for my money, eating outdoors at the pool-side restaurant was a better meal.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We are regular customers at La Piccola Fontana at Hotel San Juan, where both the food and service are spectacular. But we went today to the Piccola at The Conquistador Resort and we were so dissapointed. Starting with the 25 minutes we had to wait before someone came to our table. They poured water and dissappeared again. The older woman walked by our table a few times without even looking at us , as did a short hair blond guy. It seemed they were waiting for us to get up and leave , they seemed to have no intentions to serve us. They kept about their business like we weren't even there, like if we had no money to eat at that place. When she finally came to the table , she wasn't nice at all. I can't believe how the same owner of the Piccola Fontana in both Hotels allows the service of one to be so poor. The only one of the staff that treated us nice and deserves to be mentioned is a young woman with long black hair.

2  Thank Michelle J
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My guest had the Gnocchi con Ossbuco and said it was all right. I had the Linguine Vongole which was to come with diced tomatoes on top, the tomatoes were mushy and unappealing. Overall the dish was ok, not the best Vongole I have ever had, but not the worst. Pretty restaurant and a nice atmosphere. They had a lot of wines on special which helped to keep our meal in the $100.00 range

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I really hate to write this but need to give feedback on the service at La Piccola. This is my second year at the El Conquistador Resort and dining at La Piccola. I love the resort and all the other restaurants, except here. I agree with the diners below that the service is very slow. Our first experience, the restaurant was about an hour from closing time and no one came to greet us for 25 minutes after we were initially sat. An older woman with short brown hair and glasses finally came over to take our order finally and seemed completely uninterested. She forgot all of our drinks except for 1 and when we (politely) informed her, she sighed loudly at us. That is a first! We have eaten at many restaurants, support restaurant business and don't mind spending money for good food and even service! Trust me. The second time we dined here was one week ago. I decides to give it another try. Service was very slow again. Over 40 minutes for entree. We did come earlier in the night to see if this would change service, but it did not. The server again forgot drinks but did end up reminding himself. As a result, they came out in awkward order (towards the end of the meal) but we still didn't want to make a big deal out of it. When the bill came, we split it in half since we were dining with another couple. One bill had the correct split amount, the other was double charged. At this point, we voiced our concern and our server had to re run the whole bill again to correct it. We still ended up tipping him but I will say - this staff needs serious work here. The manager needs to hold a meeting, re-implement a training schedule for servers and clearly outline/streamline how to properly service guests. This is now my second time and I will not be returning. There are too many on-resort and also off resort options that are even more delicious! It's not only the food that makes a restaurant successful, but the service just as much! Hopefully further training will help this staff provide future consistency. Try Pason, La Estacion, the on resort Steakhouse for better options.

Salgado2, General Manager at La Piccola Fontana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience regarding your recent visit to our restaurant.

Allow us to preface with an apology for your justified disappointment regarding food and beverage service. This is certainly not indicative of the sophisticated level of expectations that have become La Piccola Fontana trademark and legacy.

When you arrive at the most sophisticated restaurant in the area, it is understandable that you would want to be seduced by our gastronomic flavors and the beauty of your surroundings, and we regret that your experience fell short. Rest assured, your generous feedback is crucial for us to improve in these areas, and has been addressed with the staff and supervisor, in order to avoid this from reoccurring. We welcome any further comments that you may have.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back, so that we may have the opportunity to reverse your initial impression and treat you to the uncompromising service that our distinguished guests have grown accustomed to.

Thank you for the gift of feedback, and the opportunity to address your concerns.

Again, our apologies.