“Nice atmoshpher but very outdated”
Review of Chops Steakhouse

Chops Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Price range: US$15 - US$21
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Chops Steakhouse, is a fine addition to the dining options at El Conquistador Resort. The seductive atmosphere and innovative menu excite all the senses. Private dining rooms are also available for a more exclusive dining experience.
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The menu is big and offer varieties. it is pricey though. 8 oz. steak is $34 and that's the smallest.
sides and salad are not included and you have to add it at additional price. we ordered one appetizer, the shrimp cocktail. they were Hugh and gummy, I'm not sure why. the steaks were good and so was my fish but for sides we could only choose traditional items. we ordered mashed potatoes , steamed broccoli , steamed asparagus.
we shared one desert and it was good.

2  Thank Roni B

Reviewed 19 August 2014

located on the 2nd floor "restaurant row" at the El Conquistador resort, Chops is moody--decorated in dark reds and large black and white old photos of lovely and provocatively posed silent movie actresses. the menu offers surf and turf, nice cocktails, pedestrian wine (mid-range CA options, mostly). the servers, though, are friendly, accommodating of kids, happy to share information about their island. a nice meal, but a bit of sticker shock at the bill.

1  Thank holuko
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I recently got to visit Fajardo, Puerto Rico. I asked around and this place Chops Steakhouse was recommended to my husband and I. We are big steak eaters so thought this place would be nice to try. All the service and people were so nice and awesome! Our server was amazing! Her name was Danielle, and she made my husband I are feel right at home and so welcome. We tried the filet mignon and the double lambs chops, and let me tell you...they were soooooo good!! Danielle told us to try the creamy spinach side, and to end it with the lava molten cake for dessert. We were so full but just couldn't stop eating it! That was our last night there so it ended the trip with a great meal! The whole trip was amazing and I can't wait to come back to el Conquistador with my husband and kids again! Thank you for the experience!

3  Thank Monica M
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Although a little pricey, the food and service was exceptional. I would recommend hands down. The waiters were friendly and truly pleasant!!! Joel and Eliezer made our dinner memorable!

2  Thank OJERamos
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We loved the feel of the restaurant from the moment we walked in - the decor and live music made for great ambiance. The menu selection and wine selection was nice and diverse. We had the tuna tartare appetizer which had an amazing passion fruit vinaigrette/sweet asian bbq sauce which made this tuna tartar unique. The Chop Salad was amazing with candied cashews and passion fruit vinaigrette....then the best was still yet to come. I had the 8 oz filet with bernaise sauce. Excellent cut of meat for the 8oz portion ( or any portion, but I usually find most steakhouses the smaller portion size is not as nice a cut as the larger portion- not here!) Bernaise sauce was one of the best I have had in a long time- better than the Capital Grille, Flemings etc... My boyfriend had the Pistachio Grouper which was tender with amazing flavors. We both shared the sautéed mushrooms which complemented both meals. Wine by the glass selection was great! Then the best was..I wanted dessert, but nothing to rich or heavy. I asked Joel and Carlos ( our amazing servers) for a little something sweet...like a cookie or biscoff. Both of these GREAT servers went above and beyond to find me a dessert that met my needs. Carlos brought me yummy sweet white chocolate drizzled sesame seed ginger cookies- Incredible! Joel left the steakhouse to go to the pastry store in the El Conquistador to bring me a fabulous date and nut pastry which was perfect. We ate both, and couldn't decide which was better. At the end of the meal- we both agreed everything from the food, wine, service and ambiance was the best meal we have had in a while.....check out this great restaurant and ask for Carlos and Joel!!

2  Thank Jgwaits