“Excellent Customer Service- great meal!”

Ballyhoo Bar and Grill
Ranked #32 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Latin
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Ballyhoo Bar & Grill is located in the Marina Village at El Conquistador Resort in Fajardo, Puerto Rico with ocean and Palomino Island views; open for lunch and dinner.
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Excellent Customer Service- great meal!”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

As a guest of the ElConquistador and having been out on a successful Fishing Adventure with Bill Wraps Fishing Charter, I requested that the Ballyhoo prepare my catch for a group of 24 freinds for a lunch two days later. The Restaurant Manager had me meet with the Chef to discuss how I would like the meal prepared. I requested the Dorado be fixed two different ways and served family style with sides of rice, potatoes, plantains and a vegetable. We also requested that they make a ceviche out of some of the wahoo. We had a diverse group from allover the US and about 5 mates from the UK as well so I was hoping for a variety of a simple variety that everyone could appreciate.

We were served an awesome lunch of Grilled Dorado- Mayan style, Blackened Dorado, smashed garlic potatoes, fried plantain cakes, spanish rice, grilled vegetables and ceviche with plantain chips. I will definitely be doing it again if I get the chance. The service was exceptional with a great view of the harbor. Everyone raved about the quality of the food and how much they enjoyed the fish. Oh, and my mates from the UK did not miss the heavy batter, chips and malt vinegar at all!!

Hats off to the entire staff at the Ballyhoo!

• Visited January 2012

San Diego, California
“Awful. Bad food, bad service.”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The only thing good about this restaurant is the view of the Caribbean and the outdoor seating in the marina. We stopped in for a late lunch and the place was practically deserted, now I know why. Despite this, the service was painfully slow. It took forever to get our drinks and the server waited until he delivered our drinks to let us know that they were out of iced tea so two people in the party had to wait even longer for their beverages. He took forever to return to take the order, the food took forever, it was just bad bad bad. Our lunch took two hours!! Once we finally received the food, it wasn't good. It was completely bland, three of us got the dorado which had no flavor, the french fries were cold and plain. I couldn't bother asking him for salt because he never came back. We ordered chips with guacamole and salsa for an appetizer and he waited until he dropped them off to tell us they were out of guacamole, really?? Yet, we were still charged the price for them as if they were with guac and salsa. We were really unhappy as was the table next to us who actually stood up and started yelling at the staff. I certainly don't agree with this style of conflict resolution but it just goes to show how poor the experience here really was. It's unfortunate this is on the property of a Waldorf Astoria hotel because it doesn't fit the bill!

• Visited January 2012