“Good dive company that came through in a pinch”

Casa del Mar Scuba Diving
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Good dive company that came through in a pinch”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Tried to book another dive company I normally use but they didn't have the minimum 6. Casa del Mar let me book and committed to going out with only 3 people. Great boat. Captain and dive master were pros. First dive was at Palomino island...really weak with poor visibility and the reef is in poor shape. I think all the traffic from the resort must be a factor. Second dive at Cayo Diablo (Devil's Key) was awesome...decent visibility, active reef, saw lots of life (turtles, an octopus. spotted eel, mantis shrimp and a stingray). Fruit and chips/salsa offered between dives and a beer after.

The dive shop is associated with El Conquistador hotel. Directions to Marina Lanais, where they start, was pretty poor but if you are going, this GPS will get you there: 18.358247, -65.624854.

Overall was very good. Only thing stopping a "5" was the poor choice for the first dive. I would definitely use them again.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank T N

Fort Worth, Texas
“Very Professional and Friendly”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My brother and I got open water certified with Jackie from Casa del Mar. She was very patient and knowledgeable. We did a pool session and then 4 open water dives. The whole crew was nice and we felt safe with them. The captain (Robert) found us good places to dive even though the we had rough seas on the last day. We saw a turtle, lobster, and an octopus during our dives. We had a great time and we're hooked. Already started looking for dive sites. We would haver dove with them again but we ran out of time.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“One of the Best Dive experinces”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

On a short notice, reliably there were able to take us out to the dive. I had called at least 10 different places but none could accommodate us due to not having enough divers. This place didn't even hesitate and pleasantly scheduled and took us out. When I called Maria (a sweetheart) scheduled assuring us of the schedule.
We missed the dive due to having the wrong address and we were able to reschedule for the next day. As we were checking out the aria, we stopped by and immediately Jackie had us sized for our gear way ahead of time.(it was great, we felt calm and relaxed without the sense of urgency.) Jackie's recommendations for gear was the ultimate best after 2 years searching. She just knew what fits and works the best for us at first interaction.
Roberto was our Captain, Omar was our Dive guide and his four year old daughter (Nohelis) was our cute savior as she snorkeled around the boat until we got back. They were all friendly, Roberto was informative and knowledgeable about everything around the Island and places to visit. Omar was great and very perceptive once we all got to the bottom. If you are a beginner I highly recommend to go with them as they will take care of you and make sure you are more than OK.
We had a great experience with them and we defiantly go out with them again if we go back. Pictures are self explanatory...

South San Francisco, California
“Fear no fear”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Mark off one from my bucket list and score one for overcoming my fear of the ocean, all thanks to the ever patient yet professional John Wayne of Scuba. His name is actually Nick and bless his patient heart to endure such a last minute request from a neurotic lady from California (that be me). Maria was quick to answer and accommodate my last minute request to be scuba certified, Nick answers all my questions and gets all my details over the phone prior to my arrival.
I call him John Wayne of scuba because Nick sounds like him over the phone and is professional yet personable.
The lessons were concise and the location was convenient, the personnel ensured that I was ready and comfortable for the pool session so that I would be at ease for my ocean dive.
Everyone at this location were very nice and super accommodating, very professional and informative with a family feel. I would recommend this place to all my friends who dive and scuba or are interested and in the area.
Btw, it's also nice when you have a bilingual boat captain who is very easy on the eye ;)

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent crew and dives!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The crew at Casa del Mar is awesome! Shout out to JJ for being the best scuba guide I've ever had. The dive sites were great. I saw four turtles, a few eels and a BIG barracuda.

Visited August 2013