“Not meeting my expectations” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of la estrella del norte

la estrella del norte
Ranked #42 of 103 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: El restaurant queda pasando el hotel Conquistador, y la playa Seven seas en Fajardo. El sector se conoce como las Croabas.
Fajardo, Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not meeting my expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

At our arrival, nobody welcome us (party of 2), the food came after one hour or so, the lobster was not fresh, or at least, did not taste fresh, the fish filet was tender but tasteless. And after we paid the waiter did not thank us for visiting. Very bad service.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“estrela del norte is delicious!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

i loved it the food is fast and delicious!!!!!!!! i recommend it for tourists you'll love it and won't regret it!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank carolina m
“From a Mommy's perspective”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I'll start with this--we read on the door that the restaurant will be closed from 2 Dec 2013 until 31 Dec 2013--just a heads up! Came here based on a friend's recommendation (apparently just in time too!) 13 month old in tow. For families with little ones who might be reading this-- they have several high chairs but no fold down changing table in the restroom. We went to the restaurant at 1730 on a Sunday night, so that may have affected our experience some. We were welcomed immediately and given a seat with a highchair. Our server was helpful in recommendations for ordering and drinks came out quickly, as did our lobster fritter and fish fritter. Both are more like empanadas and are rather large (see the picture)--fish was tastier. Try the house hot sauce in the clear bottle ( don't be afraid! Good spice to them). It took a very long time for our entree to come out--a good 45 minutes--I'd not normally be bothered but we had a toddler whose patience was wearing thin. Red snapper was great, fried grouper was a tad salty ( it's not battered and fried, just as an FYI--don't think fish and chips--but 2 lovely thick grouper steaks). French fries, salad and green plantain were meh--I'd get the flour fritters (think fried empty empanadas). Just so you know, both the red snapper and grouper come with a small salad (aka iceberg lettuce and 2 slices anemic tomato) and you choose another side. All said and done the seafood was good--I'd get the snapper again.

1 Thank Hoosurnurse05
DC
“Outstanding Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I evaluate a restaurant by the, cleanliness, quality of the food, price, parking availability, and the Menus, if I elect a lunch I expect it to be the common affordable creole cuisine, on the other hand if I elect from the carte, I expect the best quality, Seafood etc. This restaurant met all my expectations.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Don Jose A
Connecticut
“Great seafood for a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

You can't see the ocean from here and you're its surrounded by houses, but this is a great place to eat seafood. I've been coming here for years. The current owner is the nephew of the former one. The food is still great and the tables and bathrooms are very very clean. This place might have only a few reviews since it's away from all the tourist attractions like the bio bay, the beach, the Croabas park, and El Conquistador; but it is definitively worth it. The locals will tell you it's good. That is how my father found this place.

Visited October 2013