“Charming, with the best Ceviche ever!”
Review of Di Yukas

Di Yukas
Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: White and clean property decorated in a minimalistic and modern style with a spectacular view of the sea, the island of Palominos, and other small islands of the east side of Puerto Rico. A little deck outside is available for those who prefer the sun and the natural breeze.
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This is by far my favorite place to enjoy Ceviche! Everything is amazingly fresh and beautifully served. The Sushi pizza and the fresh fish are also awesome! The staff is great, big smiles and happy to accommodate your needs without an attitude. The place is really cute/charming...atmosphere makes you want to return. This place is by far my favorite restaurant in Fajardo!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We got to DiYukas by accident because the Tasca next door was closed for a private party. We were SOO happy we got diverted. Food was interesting (try the sushi "pizza") and very well prepared. The staff was great - Ronald won our "Best Smile on our Puerto Rico Vacation" award, which is saying a lot because we were treated to many helpful and pleasant people on the island. Drive out of your way to have a meal here!

Reviewed 1 July 2012

We went to Di Yukas to spend some quality time with friends. The overall experience was awesome. The food is great with good variety of options to choose from. Restaurant is cozy but with modern style, great ocean view with outdoor seating. Service for me is a must and it was great. Definitely is a great place and we plan to return soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

It's all relative for where you are. The food was very good but overly starchy and a bit salty. The spicy tuna roll comes with cream cheese- wish I'd known. The trifongo w two color plantains and yuca is great and the server was young and sweet and asked about 18 times (no exaggeration!) how everything was- he just asked us too much. great view, infinitely better than anything at the Conquistador.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

We stayed at the El Conquistador Hotel and based on the ratings my fiancee and I figured we would try this place out for dinner. We called to see if we needed to make reservations and the staff told us that we did because otherwise we would not get a table. We showed up for dinner at 7pm and there were only three other tables with people eating. The inside of the restaurant was very nice and clean. The entire staff was very nice and pleasant, giving as a warm welcome as we entered. They let us sit wherever we wanted to and we choose to sit at a table where you could see the ocean. Our waitress came over right away to take our drink order. She was very nice and spoke decent English. After bringing over our drinks she came to take our dinner order. I love seafood and one of the choices on the menu was, "the catch of the day" for $19.95. I asked her for more information about this dish and she told me that the fish of the day was red snapper. She then went on to say that it was stuffed with shrimp. It sounded excellent so I ordered it. My fiancee ordered a chicken dish. Our food came out and we both enjoyed our meals. So what was the problem? After we finished we asked for the bill. After reviewing the bill I saw that I was charged $39.95 for my meal. I figured she made a mistake because on the menu it was listed for only $19.95. After calling her over she told us that there was no mistake. Still confused she called over another waiter who was able to speak better English. He told us that normally the catch of the day was $19.95, but when it was stuffed with shrimp it was then $39.95. So this is why I would never eat there again because I don't like sneaky people. When I asked her about the dish she told me that it was stuffed with shrimp. She never told me that it was extra or that there was an option not to have it stuffed with the shrimp. One thing I also want to make clear is that there were only 5 medium size shrimp in the dish. Five shrimp for an extra $20, that doesn't make too much sense to me. Once she saw how displeased we were she ended up taking off my fiancee's drink (the least expensive one) which was $6-7. If you do decide to eat here make sure that you are very careful when ordering. There are many other excellent restaurants around the area that aren't sneaky like this one.

1  Thank Steve B
Miguel G, Owner at Di Yukas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

I am so sorry with this situation. At the same time, I want to thank you for letting me know. The customers' feedback is the best way to identify improvable situations to take action immediately. From now on, every new dish of the day will be describe in full with written prices. I again emphasized to the waiters the importance of clear and effective communication. Because customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal, I respectfully request your postal address to mail you an expedient refund. Next time you visit Puerto Rico, do not hesitate to visit us. If you do, please introduce yourself to me, so I can personally assist you.

Miguel E. Gándara