“our wedding!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Fajardo
Pensacola
“our wedding!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We just got married here, on our private balcony in Las Casitas! It is a stunning property and has so many activities that we stayed a week & never left the resort! Spring for the extra $ to stay in Las Casitas village, get Butler service (ask for José!) & rent a golf cart as the property is huge & beautiful! Can't say enough about the service. Don't miss Palomino Island & you have to kayak to Palominito as well! We were so well taken care of (Max went above & beyond) & we felt like we were so special, even though the resort is very busy. I've always loved this island & these people so much. We can't wait to return!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank misspensacola1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Finnish first
carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Great view,tranquility and very friendly.wonderful scenery,great pool ,seperated from population. Ferry are great. Great getaway from the rest of the family.Great golf course.Mornimg sunrise are beautiful and seeing the other island faraway.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mikeflow40
nesconset, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Overall facilities are wonderful. Pools, beach, overall facilities are great! Service was fair. Staff walking the grounds can be more friendly. Meals are way too overpriced. Some restaurants were amazing, others just fair. Had to buy drinks in the bar in order for children to enjoy playing billiards. Outside the water park, game room, race track and air hockey (also additional fees), not much for kids to do. Had to go outside the resort which is a bit off the beaten path. Hour from San Juan, which also costs additional to get there. Additional Fee for transport to airport as well. In room service expensive. Bought 2 pizzas for $12 each and charged a $5 delivery and 20% gratuity. Bill was nearly $50. Nickeled and dimed us for everything!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Leo L D
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our family stayed at Las Casitas the last week in July 2014 as a birthday celebration for our 15 year old son and a 50th birthday celebration for myself. While the ocean view from the room was great and the island was nice, overall I was disappointed. Our first disappointment was when checking in. Juan was the staffer that assisted us. He initially told us our reservation was indeed the one bedroom king with pull out sofa in the living room that we had requested. However, upon arrival in the room, we were greeted with a one bedroom king "room". No living room or sofa in sight. Juan clearly new that there were three of us and no person in their right mind would expect three people, including a 15 year old teenager to share one bed. When the butler called Juan about it, I spoke with him and he assured me he would have a roll away bed delivered at no charge. Low and behold, when we got our bill - $75 charge for the roll away bed. That was the first lie told by Juan. At check in, I asked to add Hilton Honors points that my sister had gifted me with to pay for the last night of our reservation. Juan stated this was possible but that he would need to change the name on our reservation to accomplish this. I agreed as it didn't matter to me who's name it was in as long as the bill was correct. Juan changed our reservation to my sister's name since the points were in her name. Again, we received the bill and no points were used - lie #2. When I called to complain, Juan refused to admit what he'd said or done. I asked for him to have his manager call me since he said she wasn't available at the time of my call. He promised he would have her call me that day. Lie #3 - I have yet to hear from the manager after five days. In my opinion, Juan has no business assisting customers. He was clearly unequiped to handle our check-in nor handle his mess up. On Palomino Island, my son and husband rented jet ski's. When it was time for them to get on the next available jet ski's, which were the newer ones, they were told to wait. The staffer then invited a spanish speaking guest who was behind my family to come first. My family was then given an older model to take. We did not like that at all. As I previously mentioned, the property has beautiful ocean views and my family had fun on the island inspite of the jet ski incident (the water park is really not worth the $36 to get in), however, that does not make up for the bad experience with one particular staffer. He really spoiled our experience and my 50th birthday trip. We will not visit again or recommend to anyone. For the money we spent, I can definately find a place that values their customers a great deal more.

5 Thank Rhonda G
New York, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed at Las Casitas for 3 days, 2 nights with family, before heading to Culebra, and very much enjoyed the overall experience. The room was stunning, we didn't have a direct ocean view, but you could still see the ocean from one of our TWO balconies in the room. Everything was extremely quiet at night - this place is definitely more relaxed than the central Conquistador complex. The infinity pool was breathtaking. Internet speed - OK, I would have expected faster. Rooms - huge. Especially the bathroom. Extremely clean and smelled fresh. Service - fantastic. Everyone was so nice and helpful. They couldn't get us a reservation for a bioluminescent bay kayak tour, but that was our fault, because we didn't plan ahead. I wish they would have been able to tell us more about El Yunque, as well. Food - Excellent (we only ate at the Conquistador one night, my steak was one of the best I've had in a long time) Negative comment - the kids! Not the hotel's fault, but the kids at night in the inifinity pool caused a raucous. Many couples without kids commented that it would have been nice to have an adults-only pool. The shops at Conquistador - thank goodness for Starbucks! Also, we didn't get to shop anywhere else because everything closed around 8pm or earlier, except the one convenience shop. A note in general - if people tell you it takes 10-15 minutes to get somewhere, double that time. Maybe it's because we weren't locals, but we almost missed our flight to Culebra at Ceiba airport because the staff told us it was a very short ride. Beds - incredibly comfortable. Extra pillows would have been nicer. AC - worked liked a charm. The breezy air was nice too. Mosquitos - we didn't get bothered at all by them! Not sure why.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Everett H
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here in July 2104 for a week with my family. The view from the room was beautiful, overlooking the Carribean and Palomino Island... The infinity pool was also impressive, and we happened to encounter the actor from Disney's "Austin and Alley" with his family/band there, so my kids were happy... The service was very good, with all our needs met as best as possible. The kids like the scavenger hunt game which is played throughout the resort and Palomino Island... They were able to collect all the bands and win the keepsake bracelet. They had more fun playing with the rubber-bands, though... Having a waterpark on site was great. Although it was small, it was another activity to keep the kids busy. The resort is so large and has so many pools, you can easily spend your whole stay without leaving the resort, if you don't want to venture out and see more or PR, which would be a shame. It is located within an hour of the rainforest, which was also convenient... The only negative is that it was on the expensive side. Also one of my requests (for a razor to be delivered to the room) was forgotten, but I made many other requests which were all taken care of promptly and a couple where the staff went above and beyond, so I can forgive it... Having 'free' access to the private Palomino Island was pretty neat and the snorkeling there right from the beach was not bad.. It was definitely an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend to stay by the funicular as it requires a little wait at certain times. If...