“The Dirty Truth About This Restaurant...”

Las Vistas Cafe at Siete Mares Bay Inn
Ranked #1 of 108 Restaurants in Fajardo
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Las Vistas Cafe is a rooftop restaurant with magnificent panoramic views of the natural attractions and beauty of Eastern Puerto Rico. It is located in Las Croabas/ Fajardo. Homemade and freshly prepared breakfast and brunch is unique in the area. You can choose from a variety of dishes (e.g. eggs Benedict or omelette, steak, salads, fruit, pancakes or French toast). Las Vistas Cafe is open to enjoy from 8am to 2 pm (closed Tue and Wed in low season).
Reviewed 20 August 2014

...is that it is incredible. If you are reading the reviews here on TA and wonder if you should try it out, let me answer that for you. YES, YES YOU SHOULD.

I vacationed in PR for 6 days in May 2014 and we stayed in an AirBnB rental in Luquillo, which is about a 10 minute drive from Fajardo where Las Vistas is located. However, finding the restaurant itself took more than double that time. You see, Las Vistas is located on the top floor of the Siete Mares Bay Inn. This inn is situated in what will look like many other Puerto Rican neighborhoods to you, so it will be difficult to find. My advice? Ask for directions and don't bother driving up and down those crazy hills for 20 minutes. We eventually stopped at a medical facility in the neighborhood, and one of the kind nurses there took us to the Las Vistas location. (We offered to buy her some coffee as a thank you!)

When you first climb the steps to the restaurant area, you will immediately be welcomed by Gladys or one of her excellent employees. The view is just incredible from the roof, and you will be in love with the light breeze and sea air that fills your face. Gladys will come to your table and make you feel like this is Thanksgiving at your mom's house. She is incredibly friendly and accommodating without getting weird or intrusive. She will call you by name, and you will love it.

The food was spectacular. We had the recommended fresh fruit plate, which was a combination of strawberries, melons, starfruit, bananas, orange wedges, almond slivers, and a light honey glaze. My kids drank freshly squeezed juice, while my wife and I had coffee and basil lemonade. (A note on the lemonade: it sounds odd but you will like it. It's refreshing and light and just so. dang. good.) For the entree, we all shared french toast and eggs benedict, both of which were outstanding. It began to rain while we were eating (not uncommon), and Gladys brought everyone inside on the lower floor to eat.

When we prepared to leave, Gladys hugged us all and called us by name. She patted my son and me on the backs of our heads and I felt like I had been served by an angel. I essentially threw my money at her like she was a wishing well. All playfulness aside, this is an amazing meal at an amazing location with an amazing staff. It is, without a doubt, my absolute favorite breakfast meal ever. My only lament was that I went here on the last day of our trip and couldn't come back again. If I ever go back to PR, this will be the first place I stop.

3  Thank Jeremy C

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We visit Puerto Rico every few months and have made this a "must do" on our visits. Gladys the owner always provides the nicest welcome. I love outdoor seating and great food so Las Vistas works for me on many levels. We started with the fresh fruit platter and basil lemonade. I never thought to add basil to lemonade but it really is very refreshing. Scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and coconut banana pancakes followed. The rave reviews regarding the pancakes are right on! Gladys redefines hospitality and makes it very easy to be a repeat guest.

2  Thank David I
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Out of the way , but worth searching for! We are staying at El Conquistador and came to this place because of the reviews and it was awesome. I had the cocoanut banana pancakes and my sister had steak and eggs.
We started w the local fruit salad sprinkled w sliced almonds and fresh cut coconut. Wonderful sprinkled w Gladys' special honey ginger sauce! Wow.
Only in business 7 months this is surpurb! Everything was well prepared and professionally presented.
We can see our hotel from this beautiful rooftop view of the ocean and biobay. Take a taxi or a short 10 min walk but ask for the shortcut directions. Would surely come back.

1  Thank Robin M
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed in Puerto Rico for a few days this time around, one of the goals for the trip was to find good authentic P.R. cuisine to introduce to the in-laws. We searched the web, found La Vistas Cafe in fajardo, Glady's was a gem. Her service and hospitality made me and my family feel at home. The food was excellent, we had coconut/ banana pancakes and a wonderful fruit salad where she grew most of the fruits on her land. We also had eggs with some potaoes and arepas from farjardo region with mango sauce. Overall we were thrilled and stuffed. The atmosphere is very realxing and the view of P.R. on that mountaintop, please imagine!! Beautiful... Thank you Gladys we will be back..continued success.<3 yesenia & henry

2  Thank Yesenia P
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This quaint little cafe provided two of the most memorable breakfasts of my life. Gladys, the owner, is very kind and geninuinely interested in what you might have to say. Everything is prepared fresh from scratch. Absolutely gorgeous view from the rooftop overlooking the bay

1  Thank lorenzosimpson95