“"Great local food and seafood"”
Review of Kasavista

Kasavista
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kasavista is a Casual restaurant serving fresh local Puerto Rican Cuisine. Great for family dinning or a special occasion or simply to have a great meal with friends.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“"Great local food and seafood"”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The restaurant was across the street of Las Croabas Park. On weekends are people selling handicrafts, frappe and local fried food. The restaurant has free parking in front.The indoor seating area was clean, quite and modern. We felt very nice. The service was good. We started with coconut arepas (3-$5) and homemade red sangria ($7) were very good, not the best but good. My husband ate the oven breadfish over bean puree and malanga puree ($19) and I had the same fish with mofongo and salad, these food was Superb!! Excellent presentation. We did not order dessert so I can't tell if they are goog. We recommend it. We will definitely return...

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank GDJ_2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Great service and meals”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Where Do I start? Let me start by letting you readers know that I have worked as an hotelier in high end hotels for over 10 years in Chicago so I know enough about customer service and customers.

My wife and I stayed at El Conquistador, A Waldorf Astoria Resort for five days and we didn’t see a reason to eat at the typical restaurants we have in Chicago, we wanted a restaurant with diverse menu. Please understand that I am NOT saying this restaurant is not comparable to restaurants in Chicago, I am only saying that we wanted a restaurant with Puerto Rican meals also. We decided to explore the restaurants close to the hotel each day and I can tell you that “Kasavista Restaurant” was the best of all. We almost didn’t try this restaurant after our bad experience at ‘Ocean View Restaurant” next door to Kasavista Restaurant.

When we arrived at Kasavista Restaurant, we were welcomed by Nathalie. She asked if we wanted to seat outside or inside. We sat outside and we were then greeted by the manager, Vincent Delgado. Vincent and Nathalie took the time to walk us through the menu till we picked what we wanted. After eating at Kasavista Restaurant, we were so happy that we cancelled our dinner reservation the next at the hotel. We were welcomed the next day by Stephanie. Stephanie also made sure we were satisfied.

I can tell you that I will visit this restaurant during my next visit. Vincent Delgado is a team player manager just like me. He is very active in the restaurant. I really enjoyed the skirt steak, mofungo, Shrimp in Coconut Curry Sauce and dumplings. You must visit this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank yankee9568
Philadelphia
“our favorite restaurant of the trip”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Kasavista was awesome from start to finish. We were expecting good, but this place was fantastic. My husband had the lobster tail with white truffle mashed potatoes, and I had the grouper - both delicious. For dessert we had the cheese souffle with a guava whipped cream on the side - YUM. The food was outstanding, and the price reasonable - better quality and more affordable than the big restaurants at our nearby resort. Customer service was terrific. Our server Dennis was fun and professional. We really enjoyed this place, you should make a point to dine here. You will not be disappointed!

1 Thank kimvmd
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Very nice atmosphere!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We showed up a little early as we wanted to eat before taking the bio bay tour and even though they weren't quite ready to serve food we were seated and ordered drinks. The wait staff was very professional and friendly and the decor is upscale. The food was excellent!!

2 Thank Wendy M
Wildwood, New Jersey
“Delicious local restaurant”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at the El Conquistador & this can't be a 5 minute walk. Small & has a view of the water. Baked Lobster was delicious & huge (the most expensive on the menu), the Skirt steak was done perfect, tender & juicy. We also had the pineapple & ice cream dessert, it did not disappoint. The chef even came out to ensure we were happy with the meals. Friendly staff - don't miss it :)

1 Thank Susie W