“Awesome service, good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kasavista
Ranked #5 of 103 Restaurants in Fajardo
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Kasavista is a Casual restaurant serving fresh local Puerto Rican Cuisine. Great for family dinning or a special occasion or simply to have a great meal with friends.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome service, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

I will be candid. IMHO - PR is not a food destination. Good food is scattered not ubiquitous. Kasavista is one of the restaurants which serves decent food. There is a semblance of interpretation and takes on local cuisine. The attempt is evident from the semi serious decor to a passingly interesting menu. The truffle laced mashed potato was decent and the grouper was worth a try. For appetizer we ordered chorizo and fried cheese. It was a risky one but worked out at the end. It's Joel's service that takes the cake. This young gentleman's attention towards our comfort and friendliness that made our eating experience a memorable one.

1 Thank Partha D

Fajardo, Puerto Rico
“Nice restaurant!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

I wanted to try a restaurant other than the ones offered by the hotel. Soooo based on trip advisor reviews we tried kasavista. We started off with conch fritters and Puerto Rican fried cheese sticks. The conch fritters were served with a nice sauce and the cheese had a tasty side of sliced sausage. Both were good. Then our entrees were panko breaded grouper and whole red snapper. The grouper was very good. I was very disappointed with the snapper. You were able to order small, medium and large. Since we ordered 2 appetizers, I ordered the small. I normally can only eat about 4-5 ounces of fish. However, this was a joke. I had about 4 bites total. I guess I was to fill up on up the very large mound of Spanish rice that accompanied the fish. It was not worth the $21.00. I was very disappointed with my choice. Our waiter Joel offered great service. He did ask me a couple of times what I thought of my meal and I advised him that there was NO meat maybe 4 bites. He did not offer me anything else. Had a little snack back at the hotel.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“¡Excelente!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I must say the food is awesome, delicious! I tried the Halibut coated with plantain with a malanga puree as a side...holy, was that good! My wife asked for the flounder in subtle garlic sauce, uff, delicious!
Dennis took care of us. When you visit try to get him to assist you. Dennis is always making sure you are enjoying your experience there and is helpful if you need some info regarding getting the menu. Vincent, the manager, is also very pleasant and believe he's also the Chef.
They have a fair wine selection but, if you decide to bring your own bottle, it's a $10 uncork fee...can't beat that!!
The place is not cheap yet it's worth it. Stop by and experience Kasavista, you won't regret it!
-Héctor

1 Thank Hector B
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great food; Great view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and I ate here before our Bio Bay Kayaking trip in Fajardo. The food was on the pricey side but delicious. I had the garlic mofongo chicken which was phenomenal. My husband had the stuffed chicken which he said was quite good as well. The view was great and service was prompt.

Visited July 2014
“A gem in Fajardo! By the bay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Great service, location, drink choices and multiple tasty veg options. Highly recommend a visit...tie to a biobay tour and makes for a perfect evening. They launch from across the street.

Visited January 2014