“Very great place”

Ranked #18 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Amaizing place for lunch also on fridays they have music and is a amaizing atmosphere to enjoy a good dinner, good music and drinks. I will go there everytime i have the chance to it.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by this restaurant and the food. We were nervous when we first arrived and there was only 5 people in the restaurant. We were also told by some locals that the place was not good. We had the BEST paella and I loved the Shrimp Mofongo with Garlic Sauce. Our waiter was excellent and extremely personable.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I honestly couldn't write enough wonderful things about this place. We went in, were seated by the most friendly host, who kept coming over to talk to us throughout the evening. We then were greeted by our server, ordered some mojitos on happy hour, WHICH WERE SO, SO, SO GOOD and ordered the fish ceviche as our appetizer and the sampler platter for our entree. The ceviche... My goodness. It may have been the best thing I ate while we were in Puerto Rico! Then the entree came... And it was fantastic as well. And then we ordered more mojitos, missed our Biobay Kayaking tour(s) (I put tours as I somehow unknowingly booked 3 different ones) and it was extremely stressful. However, dinner was amazing and you have got to go to Metropol in Fajardo! You will not be dissapointed by the food, drinks, or service. Top notch!

1  Thank Hara S
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Jay was our service representative and he is amazing, making us feel like we were guests v. customers. Jay could not wait to make a recommendation, and because the menu is so expansive, we were happy to turn it over to him to advise us on drinks, appetizers, entrees and, even though we didn't ask, dessert. It felt very much like my favourite restaurant in SFO where I didn't have to think at all! We had fabulous plantains for appies; a whole island prepared snapper; mofongo; and two side salats that were just fabulous. Better than most of our experiences in Old San Juan. The snapper was amazing -- lots of garlic and capers; Mofongo with great chunks of fish and prawn; and the flan for dessert was to die for. We will definitely return and recommend that you enjoy an evening at the Metropo . The price wise was a complete surprise. We had a five course meal for less than $100USD, including drinks. This is a must do in Fajardo. And you must ask for Jay, particularly if you miss New York City!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I ate at Metropol last night per the recommendation of one of our guides on a biobay kayaking tour. We were not disappointed - it was the best meal and service we have had in Puerto Rico!! It is a short drive from where are staying (El Conquistador) - near a KFC and a movie theater. The service was impeccable. We had the grilled snapper, which comes with several sides (I got sweet plantains, white rice, and black beans) and the Fiesta Cubana (a sampler platter of about 7 Cuban dishes - all great portion sizes). Each entree was $16.99, a drop in the bucket compared to the $30-$40 per entree at the nicer restaurants at El Conquistador resort. We were so glad we got off the resort for a nice dinner at Metropol!!