“Amazing setting coupled with a great fine dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Flying Fish

Flying Fish
Price range: US$7 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Flying Fish Fijis’ intimate beach front ambience and poolside setting features a menu designed by Peter Kuruvita focusing on fresh, local produce and sumptuous seafood. Our delicious must-try crabs, lobsters and fresh fish are supplied by our local fisherman. Watch the sun set while laying back on the bar daybeds during Golden Hour or let us deliver to you by the pool or beach. With mouth watering delights, attentive service and a carefully crafted wine list, Flying Fish is the perfect setting for any occasion
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing setting coupled with a great fine dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I dined here for my birthday whilst on a family holiday to Fiji. Overall I would rank it up there as one of the best dining experiences in the region when considering what it gives. The location is spectacular if you get the weather and the sunset (as we did). We also had a beach front table for two with unobstructed views and the sand beneath our feet. The restaurant is contemporary and the feel a million miles from the sister restaurant, Flying Fish Sydney.
The service is a little slow but you forgive this as it's slow most everywhere in Fiji. The wait staff are all Fijian so are full of Bulla friendliness and charm.
The menu is comprehensive offering to every taste at typical Sydney prices, which is aligned with most places on Denarau Island. The wine list however is a little shallow although we found a couple of wines which suited us so we were happy.
Food quality is what you would expect from this pedigree and all of the dishes were cooked and presented to the expected standard, especially the local fish.
Overall the experience stacked up with the best of them. Sydney quality fine dining with a unique South Pacific beach experience. Certainly worthwhile in my view.

Visited November 2013

Auckland, New Zealand
“High prices fail to meet high expectations!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

My husband & I liked the look of this restaurant for dinner on a rare night out from our young children. Once we sat down our eyes boggled when we saw the small print on the menu saying the already expensive meals didn't incl the 20% Fijian tax. However the setting was so lovely we decided to spoil ourselves and stay. We ordered the 5 course degustation menu that was on special that night for $150FJD each. We had big expectations and this meal failed to deliver. The 1st plate of pre-frozen prawns had absolutely no flavor, i could have created better at home. The next two courses of tuna and scallops were very good. We were really looking forward to the steak main (which if ordered individually was equiv to about $80NZD!!..must be the most expensive steak ever!). Our small piece arrived med instead of the requested med rare. We did mention this to the waiter who just smiled?!?..We brought it up again with the lady at the counter on the way out who kindly deducted 20% off our bill which we were pleased about. but would have been more pleased if it was cooked right in the first place.

Sydney, Australia
“Peter & Kaye Mck. Top class in the Pacific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife and I visit Fiji at least twice a year. Always stay at Sheraton and eat regularly at Flying Fish.Food and service of the highest standard. Can't believe people who say it is too expensive. You are eating top class produce in one of the best settings in the Pacific. I think a lot of people forget to convert the currency. Rates more than favourably for value with Sydneys leading Restaurants. Will be visiting again mid November and look forward to catching up with Rosa and the rest of the crew.

• Visited June 2013
Buderim, Australia
“Expected sooooo much more!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My future wife and I stayed at the Sheraton, deciding to eat here as it is supposed to be soooo great!, We booked the table the night before all good, shown to a lovely beach side table by the Swiss maître d. That is where we sat and waited for about 20 mins before anything else happened! the tables that entered after us were fed by the time we had our drinks order taken....My cocktail(girly I know)had a hair in it and was returned/replaced after a few minutes, finally our food order was taken, another 10 mins wait out came our tasty tapas: miniscule bits of scallops with a good buttery mash, overcooked dry deep fried prawn with very bland unseasoned cucumber and melon, seared tuna that lacked any flavor ,the best of the 4 tastings was the coconut cured fish for us both.
Bit of a wait then the mains arrived overcooked dry Mahi Mahi(dead once why kill him again?) curry sauce bland ,lack of anything and in a tiny jug, basmati rice ok, little accompaniments ok , prawn spring roll, soggy bread crumbed croquette with another dead overcooked prawn on each half, containing some what can only be described as wet puree of nothingness?
I know we are in Fiji known for it's relaxed feel but this was just stupidly poor service with such amazing overpriced food by a very well known chef!!!! before anyone has a go I know what I am talking about having worked at many hatted restaurants in Australia and many Michelin restaurants in the UK.....This is my first ever review but things were that bad I felt compelled to right this whilst on holiday

2 Thank olemygod
Darwin, Australia
“Awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had dinner at this Restaurant. Food was delicious, staff were friendly and efficient.
Would definitely recommend eating here.