“Professional massages in beautiful surroundings”

Heavenly Spa By Westin
Reviewed 14 November 2013

During a recent 10 day stay at the Westin Hotel, Denarau, I had four 90 minute Swedish massages, each with a different masseuse. The massages are carried out in open-air bures, surrounded by superbly maintained gardens and water lily ponds. The ambience thus created differs markedly from that of the usual massage rooms in hotels and health clubs, and with nice background music playing this was very peaceful. In fact, so peaceful that despite a fairly vigorous massage I actually fell asleep briefly during one massage. The reception staff were welcoming and helpful, and the individual massage therapists (their preferred title) were very professional and clearly were well trained and experienced. The change facilities were fine and the showers were terrific, each shower having water coming from 14 different directions. Larger robes would be helpful, especially for tall men. Locks on the lockers would also be sensible. I note some reviewers were concerned that only water was available for refreshment, but realistically one goes to a spa not for a free lunch, but for the services they offer. Overall highly recommended.

1  Thank John F

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I booked a 75 minute facial, which although lovely was for about an hour. I also had a manicure, also really relaxing, but I was not so relaxed when my friend and I got our bill. For each treatment add a 20% VAT, which made the treatments much more than I would normally pay. At the Westin and Sheraton you charge everything to your room, so on checkout we were making sure the totals were correct and found we had been overcharged $340 by the spa!
We went back to the spa and it was corrected, but we wondered how many people check their bills in that sort of arrangement.

3  Thank Michele D
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Had about 5 treatments in this spa over a period of 10 days, some of which included a couples massage, deluxe pedicure, hot sea shell massage and hydrotherapy treatment just to name a few. Loved every one of those. The scenery is beautiful and people are lovely. Cannot wait to be back! Very very nice :)

Reviewed 4 April 2013

My Husband and I enjoyed 2 spa treatments one couples and individual, we found the treatments lovely and the Ambiance was amazing. The only negative was the robes did not fit comfortably and the lockers did not lock

Reviewed 14 December 2012

We recently visited the Westin Spa for a 90 minute couples massage and were somewhat disappointed with the quality of the massage for the price. The staff was very friendly, however we found the deep tissue massage to been performed very lazily. Even with some feedback asking her to go with a little bit more pressure she wasn't very receptive to feedback. At some points in the massage she was just using one hand and then switching to her other hand for a while, I've had quite a few massages and have never experienced that before it wasn't very good. You could probably go to a spa at Port Denaru or somewhere else and get a better massage for a cheaper price.

5  Thank Scott M