“Nice quiet and romantic”

V Restaurant at Sofitel Fiji Resort
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This Signature restaurant offers seating for up to 70 guests who truly enjoy the art of fine food and wine. Located on the ground floor of the central building. Elegant decor with air - con or open aired (weather dependent). Type of cuisine : Modern Fijian Opening hours : 18:00 - 21:30
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Took my daughter here to eat and then my wife. Both times were very nice - had the same table both times! - by the window in the corner overlooking the water pond.
The food was very good, although my wife ordered the seafood which was a bit too spicy for her taste. I ordered the lamb with my daughter and the fish (salmon, if I remember correctly) - both were delicious, very tender.
The atmosphere was very nice. We prefer quiet music, such as classical or easy listening, which is exactly what they had.
The service was good, although with my daughter they seemed a bit understaffed or something and we had to ask a couple of times for more water.
The price is reasonable, especially compared to some of the other restaurants in Denarau.
For my daughter (in January) I made reservations; for my wife (May) we just walked in.
Recommend this place for a quiet evening with someone special.

2  Thank Bob E

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Truly fine dining, food preparation was immaculate and really impressive. The service, food preparation and experience blew me away, it was the best place I ate in Fiji. The french influence was evident throughout and it it elevated dining to a true experience. Take someone there if you want to impress them - not your steak and chips kinda place!

1  Thank BamBamMantell
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We dined a V on our last night in Denarau. The service is definitely top class and with real attention to detail. My wife had an entree that consisted of prawns and beetroot and a lamb main which we're done very well. I had the tuna as entree and the wagyu beef for main. The latter was a bit disappointing as it was cooked medium to well rather than medium rare as ordered. It was also quite gristly in parts and overall fell well short of expectations for this cut of meat. Anyway the overall dining experience was very good but was let down by some of food. Would recommend V to anyone seeking that fine dining experience but suggest there are better value restaurants elsewhere, e.g Flying Fish at the Sheraton which I have also reviewed had better food IMHO.

1  Thank macbrz
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We arrived on the late flight from Syd we could have eaten on the Sunday Night but for me too tired we booked a table for the following night to be greeted by JUSTIN who when you go to V just ask him to arrange the meal we had two courses of Melbourne quality Food as Melbourne so say is the Food capital of Australia . The attention to great service is 110% The following week we came back to the hotel after 9 days at another resort and once again spotted by Justin who again arranged a great meal . V is a really lovely place with tables well apart it is a little more $ than outside but the food and service quality makes up for it over an over
WE will return again early 2015. If you are looking for that oasis amongst all the food in FIJI this is the place.
Many thanks to Justin and the Team
Andrew & Robyn

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great restaurant with very good food and choice. Looks expensive but is really good value. We left going lat into our stay and then went twice in 3 days. Will definitely go back.