We recently returned from 7 nights in early March staying in a 2 bedroom villa at Sheraton Denarau Villas and we loved it. My husband and I and two children aged 3.5 and 2 yo returned totally relaxed and am still missing the lovely and friendly staff and the amazing food!
The weather was great, only 2 afternoon storms in the whole week ( good considering it was WET season ). The rooms were very clean, serviced every morning while we were at breakfast and very spacious. Perfect for families. While the kitchen was great for preparing our own meals, we chose to dine out every night and found all meals outstanding.
Meals were expensive but expected. We travelled with a Starwood previliege card (half price meals ) which I recommend as it paid for itself after a couple of days at the resort! Our favourite restaurant was The Flying Fish. The fish of the day ( mahi mahi ) was amazing! We also loved the feast buffet, great range and quality. I was a little disappointed with our steaks at the Steakhouse at the Westin, but our lunch there the next day was faultless! Try the coconut prawns :) We ate at the Port 2 nights, meals were significantly cheaper down there and we enjoyed a HUGE pizza from Mama's pizza for only $30 and an nice Indian meal at Indigos also. One night we ate at the Denarau Golf Club across the road and it is quite cheap, but obviously meals weren't to the high standard as the Sheraton.
Breakfast was amazing every morning, the egg and pancake bar was outstanding.
Previous reviews have complained of the delays from staff particularly at checkin, but we were checked in and in our room within 10 mins of arriving at the resort. I believe capacities have been down since the flooding in January, so that may explain why we got such great service.
There has been a change to the Bula Bus however. Since March 2nd, the shuttle service that used to take patrons to the marina and all resort stops to and from has since been taken over by the port authority and now charge $4 per adult for a daily pass ticket. There is still a pink bula bus which operates for free and travels between the Westin, Sheraton Resort and Villas however.
The Kids Club has moved from the Westin to a new room at the Sheraton Resort, and while our boys were too young to be left alone at the Kids Club, we went daily and they enjoyed activities while we stayed. Mary is lovely and a recommended babysitter.
We swam at the Radisson pools one day which were great for the kids, shade sails covered all the pools and there was a great slide. Recommend the happy hour at Chimes for sunset and half price local beers and selected cocktails!
Don't forget there are free daily and hourly boat trips to the nearby Akuilau Island, where there is lovely beach for swimming but not much else to do over there. We also made use of the free non-motorised water facilities including the kayaks and windsurfers. We met many people who recommend the fishing charters and also the jet ski safaris but we didn't participate, but chose to relax by the pool instead.
There is a supermarket located between the Villa's and the Sheraton Resort, which stocks all essential items, snacks and alcohol at reasonable prices. This is the same supermarket chain as found at the port. I bought most of my kids snacks from home with me, but found I could have bought all things there ( just at a higher cost ).
Great holiday destination for families and also couples. Great chapel there too for anyone thinking of getting married there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal hotel for a family holiday in Fiji, the Sheraton Denarau Villas feature 82 luxuriously designed two- and three-bedroom-villas. All villas feature a comfortable lounge a fully equipped kitchen, dining area, flat screen, TV, DVD player and sound system, ensuit bathroom and laundry. Located directly adjacent to the Sheraton Fiji Resort and The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa, Fiji, guests can enjoy all facilities of the resort complex including access to the 14 dining venues, 6 swimming pools, kids club and business centre. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) members receive complimentary in room internet and dining discounts when booking direct. Book direct today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Sheraton Denarau Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Denarau Villas Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Hotel
- Sheraton Denarau Resort
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Denarau Villas Fiji/Denarau Island