We had joined the Starwood Preferred Guest program (free) in 2011 and this was our second trip to the Sheraton after two years. I had emailed Scott in advance as I was recovering from complex eye surgery and requested a quiet room. The metered taxi trip from the airport came to F$20.60 (the taxi driver warned us that the trip back to the airport would be an unmetered F$45 with another taxi company - and it was). We were greeted by the lovely Mere who said (to our surprise) "welcome back - we have been expecting you"! It was quite humid and we were provided with a cool refresher towel and a tasty fruit juice while we were booking in. We were also given a 15% discount voucher for the Flying Fish restaurant on our second night. The porter delivered our bags to our room, which to our delight was in the 1600 block on the ground floor with a beautiful ocean view. There was a knock at the door while we were unpacking and there was Mere, who gave us a 'welcome back' hug each and presented us with a chilled bottle of French Champagne! Apart from the tops of some of the palm trees, you couldn't tell that a cyclone had been through only a few months ago - everything was spotless & clean and they had obviously been working very hard to achieve this. For the eight days we were there, our room was usually fully cleaned by the time we returned from breakfast by the wonderful Liviana, who always left fresh flowers on the bed, a hibiscus flower on the bathroom vanity and 2 complimentary bottles of water every day. Breakfast at 'Feast' was always plentiful & fresh and the manager would come around each table and make sure everyone was happy. All staff were very friendly and greeted us with a "Bula" every time, even when just walking past. If I was to suggest anything to the Sheraton, it would be (1) for the Sheraton restaurants to join all the other Denarau restaurants by including the 20% government tax in the printed menu prices and (2) have free wi-fi at least in the reception area (like the Westin does). We had a wonderful time at the Sheraton and enjoyed using the facilities at the Sheraton Villas and the Westin - nothing was too much trouble. As we were leaving, one of the Fijian staff members came up to me, shook my hand and said "thank you for being part of our family - please comeback soon". How do you top that? Well done Scott, Mere and everyone at the Sheraton Denarau.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is stunningly situated in the tropical oasis of Denarau Island. Designed with comfort in mind, the 297 spacious guest rooms and suites are beautifully furnished in harmony with the idyllic South Pacific setting. The resort is the ideal playground for vacationers and families to experience an array of dining venues and leisure activities. With its close proximity to Denarau Marina, it has an easy and quick access to the beautiful outer islands, shopping and a vast range of dining experiences. The resort is the ideal backdrop for an unforgettable destination wedding in Fiji or a corporate style event. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Fiji Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau Island