We checked out all the others while at the Westin: the Radisson, Sofitel, WorldMark, Sheraton and Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa, and while the Westin appears to be the oldest in the group, it still has a more than acceptable standard of room and amenity, and is by far the most relaxed, secluded and quiet resort of the group which is just what we were looking for. We had an initial problem with the air conditioning not working on the first night but were quickly moved to a new room at my request the next day. This new room turned out to have a better view of the beach which was an unexpected bonus. the nightly entertainment was of a high quality and I liked the fact we could save a bit on drinks by buying our own at about a third the price at the little convenience store a few feet from the bar. We quickly learned the restaurants in all the resorts were a bit of a ripoff but at nearby Port Denarau marina, a 15 minute easy walk from our resort, we found a number of great eateries that were much better value. Port Denarau has it's own free shuttle bus that picks up and drops off at resorts ever 30 minutes or so for those who'd rather not walk or get wet if it happens to be raining, which fortunately only happened on one of our seven days there. A trip into Nadi town is worth the F$24 return taxi fare to look around and maybe pick up some handicrafts or a bula shirt or sarong, but be careful of the aggressive shop touts on the main street and the pressure selling in the big shops like Jacks and Tappoo. Denarau is a great base for vegging out around or swimming in the wide choice of pools at your dispose, eating, drinking, watching talented Fijians entertain you, shooting the breeze with fellow guests, exploring the main island, buying Fijian wares in town or hanging around the marina... just don't expect to snorkel off the beach as the water is the color of milk coffee... leave the snorkeling for the islands off the coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa beautifully reflects Fiji's rich cultural heritage and local style. Offering the finest resort facilities including 246 guestrooms and suites and the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin, it is a simply stunning resort for your next holiday in the South Pacific. Stay in 1, play in all 3: directly adjacent to The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa are the Sheraton Fiji Resort and the Sheraton Denarau Villas. Within the shared complex, guests can enjoy all facilities including the 14 dining venues, 6 swimming pools and the Denarau Golf and Racquet Club. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet and special dining discounts when booking direct. Book direct today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort And Spa Fiji
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Westin Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Westin