“On My Recommended List”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Brisbane
“On My Recommended List”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

And for a number of reasons. I was in Fiji in late Oct early Nov for my wedding. I stayed at several different resorts (4 in Denarau) so feel I'm able to compare fairly between them. They all had pros and cons, but the Hilton would probably come out on top.

Pro - the Hilton staff were the most friendly, professional and helpful.

I was there with my father and we had a 2 bedroom unit. My father has mobility challenges, so when I booked, I requested a unit very close to the facilities so he didn't have to walk far.

Con - Although I had made a request at the time of booking, months in advance, it was not considered or accommodated

The front desk staff were fabulous, and tried very hard but the only two options I had was a unit quite far away, or a second floor unit accessed by stairs.

Pro - although I took the unit far away from the facilities, they had a golf cart and the staff would always come pick up up or drop us off. It worked out very well.

The room was great and had nice features (view, great stereo, full size fridge, BBQ facilities, etc). The master suite was fantastic (which my father occupied) but the second bedroom was very, very small.

Con - although the master suite was awesome, the second bedroom is very small and not suited for 2 adults but would be fine for a family with young children.

There were two restaurant options for breakfast - a la carte or buffet, both equally good. Menu options were very very good.

Pro - very nice to have breakfast included and still be able to order of a menu, unlike the other resorts that only offer a buffet option.

Pro - great pools - one adults only which we loved. Great service around the pool as well.

Pro - fantastic staff (I really can't say enough about them)

All up a very enjoyable stay and I would highly recommend the Hilton.

Room Tip: Don't try and fit 4 adults in one of the 2 bedroom units.
3 Thank Canadian_KR
FredericLebegue, General Manager at Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Bula Canadian_KR,
Thank you very much for your review. The team and I were thrilled to read that your holiday with us has been an enjoyable one.
I have indeed noted the opportunity for improvement that you kindly highlighted, and will ensure that we work on these, so that your next stay is even more enjoyable.
General Manager - Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (797)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nidderau, Germany
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good Very Good

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Bula Michael K,
Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You
We look forward to your return!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I've been to Fiji a number of times, but this was the first time I have stayed at the Hilton. The location was perfect. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The pools were the best I have seen on Denerau. The room was great - including a BBQ outside. We went with another couple and had a great time relaxing. I would definitely reccomend it !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bula Jason W,
Many thanks for your review and it was great to read that we have played a part in the success of your Fijian vacation.
We certainly look forward to having you at the Hilton when coming back to Fiji!
Coomba Park, Australia
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband and I stayed for five wonderful nights a month ago. We will most definitely return sooner than later. I have no complaints at all. Everything was just perfect. The staff were friendly and it was totally relaxing.

Room Tip: We had a studio room ground floor overlooking the pool. The room was fantastic. Just make sure the...
1 Thank GrannyBev72
Bula GrannyBev72,
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us. It was a pleasure to share your comments with the team here, and your kind words about their friendliness were certainly much appreciated.
We do hope to have you with us again very soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This was the second time we have visited the Hilton and it was great ! There have been some renovations since we last visited (including brand new kids club) and the NEW wing (not completed).

There are adult pools and kids pools which makes it nice to be able to have some "relax" time now and then.

The hotel has got everything you need however, if you want to venture out for other food or resorts they are all really close by.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom beachfront is the only way to go with a couple of kids
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris W
Bula Chris W,
Thank you for your review and for choosing Hilton again for your Fijian break.
It is always a pleasure to provide great facilities and genuine hospitality when staying with us.
The team and I look forward to having you back for a 3rd visit.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Excellent service from the moment you arrive. Treated like a VIP guest throughout. Never too far from a warm smile. Had 3 out of 5 dinners in Nuku Restaurant. Last dinner was a miss as they had just started a new menu that night and the staff was unfamiliar with the menu. Tuna ordered was overdone but not recognized initially, needed to call another staff later on before it was dealt with - appropriately. Otherwise great experience throughout.

Bula EugeneTheo,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at the resort. It was great to read that you have had a good time with us. At the same time, I would like to apologize for the unfortunate situation with the Nuku menu, however, I am glad it was dealt with to your expectations. Rest assured that we are now in full swing with the new menu, which is proving very successful.
The team and I look forward to extending some extra ‘great hospitality all round’!
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Wow what an amazing stay! My wife, 2y.o daughter and I stayed at the Hilton for 7 nights and we would certainly consider it again as a top family destination. After weeks of contemplating staying at Denaru vs. Coral Coast vs. an island - I am glad we chose Denaru - it made our holiday enjoyable and relaxing and more importantly our 2 y.o loved it!
Our 5 reasons why to try the Hilton are:
1) Kids Club is great - the people here are trained in all types of activities and there is never a dull moment. Given our little one was just under 2, we had to accompany her to the kids club as there are age restrictions to leave them unsupervised, however the older kids in the club seemed to be having a great time, and so did we, after all, if our little one is enjoying her time, than so are we!
2) Restaurants - don't expect 5 star rated restaurants, as some of the 'snobbery' people think - however the food is still wonderful! We dined at both locations on a few occasions, and the Thai does compare to some of the better restaurants here in Australia, likewise the Seafood dished, they were suburb. Kids eat free when accompanied with an adult which is great given they only pick at things, and the best part of this hotel, is the hospitable people, yes sometimes it can take a while to get served, but it's Fiji, and your on holiday's - and it's not too bad at all. Overall I would recommend trying out the restaurants as for 99% of guests they would suffice their appetite. Oh an a MUST TRY is the Whole Snapper and Spiced Crab ( I think that is what it was called) - delicious
3)Relaxed Atmosphere - this place truly has the relaxation, from the quietness of the rooms, to that of the staff and their 'Fijian Style' it makes you want to come back again and again for a truly memorable holiday.
4) Pools - the Pools are good, especially for the Kids as they have shallow options available. There is also an Adults only pool section, so for those who choose to just chill without little kids around, than this place is your choice. Only let down here for all pools at the Hilton is the lack of Natural Shade, yes great for a tan, but under the pressing sunshine of Fiji, you will get burnt literally in minutes. It's great to know that where you pick-up your towels, sunscreen is available for use should you need to rub more in. The whole time we were here, the pools were very clean and inviting, great temperature and fun activities are on around the pool from time to time to add some character to the day - definitely an enjoyment to watch.
5) Rooms - they are massive! We stayed in the top level of building 5, a 2br apartment for the duration, and the rooms had everything you needed, great outlook over the water, close to all amenities, Great shower pressure, and kitchen and BBQ facilities should you want to cook yourself.

The Hilton is positioned close to the Port of Denaru where there is a "Bula Bus" that circles the resorts often to transport you to and from other locations, or alternatively you can walk to the Port which is an easy (possibly sweaty) walk of about 10mins. From here we chose to take day trips to the islands to enjoy snorkeling, submarine adventures etc....

Room Tip: I think all rooms are water facing, I would advise to have a room close to the amenities, as we walk...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bula Broncos4Eva,
Many thanks for your great review. It was a true pleasure to share it with the team, so that they know that their passion for guest service and quality is enjoyed and noticed.
We all look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denarau Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,383 reviews
Sheraton Denarau Villas
Sheraton Denarau Villas
#3 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!