“The Hidden Gem of the South Pacific! ”

Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We visited the Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa for our honeymoon.  What a excellent choice.  This has been one of my most favorite trips ever.  This hotel really is awesome and a secret of the Hilton network.

As you know, you can't make everyone happy so you'll find both positive and negative reviews here on TA.  Some of the complaints I've read about, I just don't get as they're simply not true.

The hotel is absolutely beautiful, clean, well maintained, safe, perfectly positioned and the people are so friendly and nice.  I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Denaru.  In fact, if I returned to Fiji as a whole, I would return here.

The hotel is located just about 10-15 minutes from the Nadi Airport.  It's really convenient and should cost no more than about $15 USD to get there.

The people here are some of the friendliest people that I have ever met.  The customer service here is top notch.  All led by an awesome General Manager, Frederic.  We actually got the opportunity to meet him when we checked in.  He's extremely professional and very friendly.  It's obvious that he truly cares about his guests.

What you need to know:

1.  There are numerous pools that literally sit right on the ocean.  They are some of the cleanest hotel pools I've ever seen.  There's an adult side and a kids side and the hotel does a great job of keeping it that way.  I enjoy the pools as they gave multiple levels that allow you to sit and sun yourself without having to get all the way in.  They have drink/food service around the pool as well.  They're really quick and friendly with anything that you may need.
2.  There's a small store and a cafe on-site.  The cafe is a favorite of ours. I'd almost call it a bakery. It's great.  There are a few other shops on-site as well.
3.  There are two main restaurants.  Both are really good and just about sit on the beach.  They are pricey but nothing that you wouldn't expect at a resort.  The breakfast is excellent and has ton of options from cooked to order eggs to buffet type things.  Highly recommended.
4.  Room service is prompt and is just as nice as eating at the restaurant.  As best as I can tell, it's nearly the same price to eat out as it is in the room.
5.  Most rooms have a refrigerator and a washer/dryer and other things.  It's nice to be able to do your laundry.  They supply the soap.  While I can't speak to the entire resort, our room is basically a little apartment with everything you need.
6.  The rooms have a gas BBQ and you can purchase meat to cook at the cafe.  It's a fantastic touch.
7.  We used the spa numerous times and found it to be well priced and excellent.  We highly recommend booking early as you often get a discount.
8.  The hotel is very Gold/Diamond friendly.  It is possible to get an upgrade if there's availability.
9.  Transportation is relatively cheap.  You can find taxis at the hotel.  However, the taxis at the hotel cost more than the ones you'd find on the street.  They also have the Bula bus that drives around that is a great way to travel and has a daily rate that is inexpensive.  The higher priced taxis are not high priced because of the Hilton, they're higher priced because they're exclusive to Denaru hotels.
10.  Housekeeping does a wonderful job.  The room is cleaned perfectly each and every day.

The only negative thing that I can see people complaining about is the size of the resort.  While it is big and can be quite a walk from your room to the pool depending on where your room is, they have buggies that will come pick you up and take you anywhere that you'd like.  All it takes is a simple phone call and they come right away.  You really don't have to wait.  So while this can be a possible negative, the hotel makes up for it by their speedy response to pick you up.

One side of the hotel has a large, nice beach, and the other side of the hotel, there isn't much of a beach.  I was extremely impressed by how the hotel and situated.  It's beautiful and perfect.  If you're looking for a hotel with hundreds of rooms stacked on top of each other, this isn't it.  The hotel is laid out in such a way that you have your own large room with unobstructed views of the ocean.

I'd choose this place over again for my honeymoon.  I have high expectations and they knocked it out of the park!

Well done guys!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GreenNeptune
FredericLebegue, General Manager at Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Bula GreenNeptune,
Thank you very much for choosing Fiji and Hilton for your honeymoon. The team and I were thrilled to read your review and to find out that we have managed to turn this special occasion in a series of unforgettable memories.
Thank you also for your loyalty to Hilton, and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back for your 1st anniversary.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We used the Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed by Hilton as our Mainland stop over prior to leaving Fiji this time.
Rooms are great and well appointed with full Kitchen and laundry appliances.
Just be careful and rooms by the reception can be a little noisy as people arrive and leave during the night. I did note though some rooms are too far from everything so just be aware of the room you do get.

Pools, restaurants, staff, grounds are all as should be with a 5 star.

Room Tip: Check out the room position withing the hotel grounds. Close to reception can be noisy while you ar...

Bula Cyril M,
Thank you very much for your review. The resort is spread over 1.5km of beach, giving each villa a unique and most enjoyable feel of luxury and privacy. Buggy shuttles are constantly operating, in addition to the pick up you can request through operators – this is in case walking for a few minutes in the balmy Fijian air is not on one’s agenda.
We look forward to your return for a longer stay.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed for a week and enjoyed our holiday as it was sunny, warm and relaxing. The standard of service and rooms at the hotel was really disappointing for a Hilton. I guess if you hadnt stayed at Hiltons before and knew what to expect it would have been ok. Our room wasnt made up until after 2 everyday sometimes even then being left stripped with bedding on the floor for another 2 hours after that (goodness knows why maybe they run out of new sheets) so that made having a relax time in the afternoon impossible. Maintance issues such as leaking shower no buld in bathroom were not addressed even though requested. Reception was great at times and really helpful other times to the point of rude depending on who was working at the time. Restruant was good and staff lovely. I would stay there again as it certainly wasnt value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank debbie j

Bula debbie j,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Whilst I understand that you have enjoyed your break with us, I was also disappointed that we have not managed to meet your expectations all the way. Your review was indeed used for additional training programmes, so that your next stay can be seamless and thoroughly enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

No, there is no internet in the room unless you want to pay for it, or are a frequent Hilton visitor, but it is available around the pool area and the café. Not a problem once sorted. If it is so important and you can afford to come to Fiji, surely you can afford to pay for it?

Staff fabulous and friendly - it's Fiji so don't bother coming if you want express service. Treat people nice and they'll treat you well!

Food is far superior to that available in other resorts on Denarau or at the port, and reasonably priced - children eat half price in Nuku in the evening, and there is no 20% service charge.

Accommodation unit we were in was fine - the beds are the most comfortable I've slept in. Small niggles like lack of washing line and a small fridge shouldn't spoil your break.

Our stay was for ten days so we had plenty of time to experience the resort, its staff and facilities over that period - perhaps better placed to judge than those staying one or two nights. We had no issues that spoiled our stay.

My only criticism is that they should be able to determine where in the resort you are staying earlier than the day you arrive, and you should be able to request a ground floor room without having to pay a premium.

1  Thank Ian T

Bula Ian T,
Thank you very much for your review further to your 10 day stay. I was glad to share with the team that you have indeed enjoyed the facilities and services.
Our dining policy for kids include free meals in 2 outlets at certain times of the day for children aged 0 to 10. Access to kids menu or a 50% discount on regular a la carte is available throughout the day.
Wifi is indeed available in the main restaurant and at the Deli, on complimentary basis to all our guests. Hhonors Gold and Diamond members enjoy complimentary internet in the rooms.
Thank you for your very valuable feedback and input. We indeed allocate rooms earlier than the day of check-in, however, this is always subject to last minute change. We certainly welcome requests for ground floor rooms, however, can confirm them together with the payment of a fee.
The team and I look forward to having you and your family back very soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Excellent Hotel/ resort. Stayed 2 nights, 3 days in a bedroom beachfront. It is more like an apartment with large bathroom with a separate shower, stand alone deep bath, washing machine, outdoor clothes line - great if you're there with kids. Large living room and kithcen with all amenities, full size fridge, coffee machine, microwave, cook top, sink, full cutlery and crockery and outdoor buil in BBQ. Flat screen TVs in both the bedroom and lounge. We were travelling with our 18 month so the lounge was perfect for his porta cot.
The pools are absolutely beachfront and beautiful. Easy to get pool lounges and there is a family pool and an adults only. Loads of activites for the kids around the pool which was too over the top or distracting if you want to relax, but if you're kid free, I'd stick to the adults pool!!!
Food delivered to the pool was great and not too expensive. The deli has fresh juices, fresh sandwishes made to order, fresh bread and supplies too. Breakfast there was fresh, fast and good if you don't want the buffet. They also do takeaway pizza at lunch and dinner too. And you can get wifi at the deli and the pool but not in rooms (unless you pay).
We used a babysitter organised through the hotel at $8 FJD an hour.
We ate dinner both nights at the same restaurant, the Asian beachfront and the food was fantastic. Book a beachfront table - a bit quieter and darker.
We walked into the Port - approx 15 min walk and there are shops and bottle shops there if you want to save a few dollars and not use the hotel shop/ store which also has water, chip, alcohol, magazines etc.
We also wlaked along the beach and had a look at the other hotels and the Hilton looked the best as far as beach front goes. We checked out and spent the day by the pool and then used the lobby showers and change rooms before heading to the airport which is approx 25-30 minutes away. The hotel orgaised a taxi for $30 FJD which seemed reasonable. Very friendly staff - yes things happen slowly, but it's Fiji and you're on holidays! A well designed and thought out resort and can recommend it for a family break.

Room Tip: Ground floor beachfront so kids can play on grass in front of your room.
1  Thank AbroadView
FredericLebegue, General Manager at Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Bula AbroadView,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review.
I was of course thrilled to share this with the team, so that they know that their passion for guest service is appreciated.
It was also a pleasure to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed the extensive new range of items at the Deli, from a la carte breakfast, made to order sandwiches and salads, tapas, and of course freshly baked pizzas & bread, as well as a new selection of cakes.
The team and I look forward to your return for another 'fantastic family holiday'.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had great hopes for this resort but was poorly disappointed.
As far as service in Fiji this resort had the poorest of the 4 we stayed at.
Rooms were tidy but on closer inspection not overly clean.
We had a welcome card in our room that was not for us. Then when we arrived back from sight seeing there was a card, cake, fresh fruit and bottle of wine celebrating the birthday of this person that was not for us. We did let reception know and they did kindly give us the wine and took the rest away.
After getting out of the shower I realised we had not been given any towels which was annoying.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Bula miskel,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I was also disappointed that we have not managed to meet your expectations all the way.
I would like to invite you to give me details of your assessment of the cleanliness of your room, as your comments are not supported by any examples.
As for the card and birthday items, I am sorry it went to the wrong room, however, it gives you an idea of the way we celebrate our guests’ birthdays here – I trust you have enjoyed the wine offered for the inconvenience.
The lack of towels is indeed an issue and I trust that you have called in order to have some delivered, before sharing your experience on the internet.
I do hope that these incidents have not marred the other moments you have had with us, and, hopefully, the great memories that the team has managed to create through their relentless hospitality.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights in January/February 2014 with my boyfriend during a stopover before travelling to and from Nanuya Resort in the Yasawa Islands. We absolutely fell in love with the resort and I wish we had stayed there the whole time! We had our room upgraded when we got there and were given an absolutely beautiful room with a big bathroom including a separate bath and shower, a huge king-size bed with a plasma TV, a kitchen, living room with another TV, powerful air conditioning and a balcony with a BBQ. The room had the most amazing view of the ocean from the balcony. We were only there for a short period but we spent the afternoon by the pool and had lunch on our loungers. We had room service for dinner in front of a movie. We ordered pizzas and when they hadn't arrived after 40 minutes we called back and the staff hadn't put our order through. They were very apologetic and delivered us a fresh fruit platter as an apology which was a nice touch and we received our pizzas shortly after. We had a buffet breakfast included in our rate which was fantastic - so much selection. The only problem was all the birds that keep attacking your meal when you sit outside - I definitely would recommend an inside seat! We came back to the resort for another night on our way home. We were put in a smaller room which wasn't as nice (it didn't have the separate living room and kitchen area, and the bathroom was smaller), so if you are staying there for a while I would recommend paying the extra for the bigger room. We had dinner at the main restaurant on our last night. The food was good but it is expensive so be wary of that if you are staying there for a while. Overall we were very impressed with the resort and it seems like a great place to go with your family, especially if you can get one of the bigger villas.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingAussie1993

Bula TravellingAussie1993,
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of the resort.
I am of course glad that you have enjoyed the facilities and service, despite the unfortunate shortfall for which I would like to apologize.
We are certainly passionate about quality and customer service, and it was a pleasure to share your review with the team.
We all look forward to having you back very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denarau Island
#3 of 8 in Denarau Island
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
#6 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!