We visited the Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa for our honeymoon. What a excellent choice. This has been one of my most favorite trips ever. This hotel really is awesome and a secret of the Hilton network.
As you know, you can't make everyone happy so you'll find both positive and negative reviews here on TA. Some of the complaints I've read about, I just don't get as they're simply not true.
The hotel is absolutely beautiful, clean, well maintained, safe, perfectly positioned and the people are so friendly and nice. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Denaru. In fact, if I returned to Fiji as a whole, I would return here.
The hotel is located just about 10-15 minutes from the Nadi Airport. It's really convenient and should cost no more than about $15 USD to get there.
The people here are some of the friendliest people that I have ever met. The customer service here is top notch. All led by an awesome General Manager, Frederic. We actually got the opportunity to meet him when we checked in. He's extremely professional and very friendly. It's obvious that he truly cares about his guests.
What you need to know:
1. There are numerous pools that literally sit right on the ocean. They are some of the cleanest hotel pools I've ever seen. There's an adult side and a kids side and the hotel does a great job of keeping it that way. I enjoy the pools as they gave multiple levels that allow you to sit and sun yourself without having to get all the way in. They have drink/food service around the pool as well. They're really quick and friendly with anything that you may need.
2. There's a small store and a cafe on-site. The cafe is a favorite of ours. I'd almost call it a bakery. It's great. There are a few other shops on-site as well.
3. There are two main restaurants. Both are really good and just about sit on the beach. They are pricey but nothing that you wouldn't expect at a resort. The breakfast is excellent and has ton of options from cooked to order eggs to buffet type things. Highly recommended.
4. Room service is prompt and is just as nice as eating at the restaurant. As best as I can tell, it's nearly the same price to eat out as it is in the room.
5. Most rooms have a refrigerator and a washer/dryer and other things. It's nice to be able to do your laundry. They supply the soap. While I can't speak to the entire resort, our room is basically a little apartment with everything you need.
6. The rooms have a gas BBQ and you can purchase meat to cook at the cafe. It's a fantastic touch.
7. We used the spa numerous times and found it to be well priced and excellent. We highly recommend booking early as you often get a discount.
8. The hotel is very Gold/Diamond friendly. It is possible to get an upgrade if there's availability.
9. Transportation is relatively cheap. You can find taxis at the hotel. However, the taxis at the hotel cost more than the ones you'd find on the street. They also have the Bula bus that drives around that is a great way to travel and has a daily rate that is inexpensive. The higher priced taxis are not high priced because of the Hilton, they're higher priced because they're exclusive to Denaru hotels.
10. Housekeeping does a wonderful job. The room is cleaned perfectly each and every day.
The only negative thing that I can see people complaining about is the size of the resort. While it is big and can be quite a walk from your room to the pool depending on where your room is, they have buggies that will come pick you up and take you anywhere that you'd like. All it takes is a simple phone call and they come right away. You really don't have to wait. So while this can be a possible negative, the hotel makes up for it by their speedy response to pick you up.
One side of the hotel has a large, nice beach, and the other side of the hotel, there isn't much of a beach. I was extremely impressed by how the hotel and situated. It's beautiful and perfect. If you're looking for a hotel with hundreds of rooms stacked on top of each other, this isn't it. The hotel is laid out in such a way that you have your own large room with unobstructed views of the ocean.
I'd choose this place over again for my honeymoon. I have high expectations and they knocked it out of the park!
Well done guys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa is ideally located on 2.5 km of beach on Denarau Island. Discover a paradise of sun, sea and sand at this relaxing resort. Indulge in a massage by the sea or choose from an array of treatments at the award-winning Pevonia concept spa. Every guest room offers a private terrace or balcony, and our suites provide even more space and luxury. Every meal can be enjoyed with ocean views on the side when you dine at one of our restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiji Beach Resort And Spa Managed By Hilton
- Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Managed By Hilton Hotel Denarau Island
- Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa Denarau Island
- Hilton Denarau Island
- Fiji Hilton
- Denarau Island Hilton