“We will be back”

Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our first time to Fiji....on friends recommendations we stayed at Denerau.
Our 10th Wedding Anniversary - there was a bottle of bubbles on arrival with a congratulations card - very thoughtful.
We chose Radisson Blu as we wanted a self contained unit with full kitchen and lounge separate to the bedroom.
I highly recommend this resort.
We don't have children so loved the adults only pool. But didn't mind the children (every resort has them).
The planting around the resort is amazing!
The staff so friendly and really a highlight.
Blu restaurant was very reasonably priced and had a great selection of casual food.
Our room certainly met our expectations.
The view from our room was fantastic looking over the ocean and the sunset from our balcony every night.
We walked to other resorts to check out their restaurants but never felt as welcome as we did when we were at the Radisson.
The food and drink service was much quicker than other resorts and better priced.
Well done Radisson we will be back!
Vinaka from Paula and Art

Room Tip: Upgrade to a lagoon view it is worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Bula Paula B

We appreciate your choosing to stay with us at Radisson Blu and thank you for your great review. It's always heartening to know that you are leaving Fiji with some wonderful holiday memories.

Congratulations on your 10th Wedding Anniversary and I'm pleased that we looked after you well and spoilt you with a bottle of bubbles! I'm glad you enjoyed the tranquility of our Adults Only pool and food at Blu restaurant.

See you both back in Fiji soon hopefully!

Gerard Knight General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,239)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We decided to give this resort and denarau a go after always staying on the coral coast. Resort was nice and new, with the rooms really modern. Food we tried was terrific, although breakfast was a real let down with only one dinning option which was in chaos after 50% of there tables were outside under no cover in the rain. If you want to spend time in the ocean than stay away from here, the water is filthy black looking with dirty black sand. There are plenty of options to do on this island although really missing the true Fiji feel, it feels like you are at a golf resort here in oz. People we found are nowhere near as nice as the people we have found on the coral coast. My kids were used to saying BULA to people in the resort or on the street and here we found that it was a burden on these people.

Overall if you want to experience true fiji and its culture and beauty than go to the coral coast, if you want a newer hotel with american influence than denarau and this resort is for you. I know where I'm returning.

3  Thank PFtravellers
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Bula PFtravellers

Thank you for your review of our property here on Denarau - we appreciate the time taken and your observations on you stay with us.

I agree with you in that Denarau isn't the real Fiji - no 5* resorts are. You need to go out to the villages and towns to really experience authentic Fijian life. However, many find Denarau a great place to use as a base for visiting villages, going on day tours and going out to the islands. Nadi town is only a short bus ride away and as a hotel we offer School Tours every Friday during term time for those wishing to immerse themselves in a Fijian school and meet the students. The options for getting out and about are endless.

Just for future guests information, the beach and ocean off Denarau isn't white sand picture postcard perfect. However, the water is beautifully warm and we offer a range of free non motorised water sports such as paddle boarding and kayaking. It really is great fun and still quite beautiful out on the water just off our beach.

PFtravellers, I do hope that you went home with some happy holiday memories of your time spent with us and that you plan to return to Fiji.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Pure paradise while sitting on the Main Cafe deck watching the sun slowly going down.
Wonderful staff and spacious rooms. Delicious pizza bar but too expensive Cross restaurant. Excellent travel guide programmes and wifi access even on the beach. Great place to stay. Definetly back soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Alexander D

Bula Alexander D

I am so pleased you found our beautiful resort to be "pure paradise". I must admit I still am blown away by some of the spectacular sunsets I have witnessed even though I live here.....
We thank you for choosing to stay with us and I'm sure we will welcome you back again soon.

Vinaka Vakalevu

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed for 3 days following a week at the Outrigger. Have previously stayed at The Westin and The Sheraton on Denarau but chose the Radisson after noting it was voted best resort on Denarua. First the good points. We had Garden View rooms which were quite nice with all the normal facilities for this class of resort. The pool areas were excellent especially the adult only pool. The fine dining restaurant, Cross, was first class with service and atmosphere at the highest level. Now the not so good points. The buffet breakfast was very poor, choices were limited with constant shortages of items such as glasses for juice, butter, English breakfast tea, hot water for tea (you had to make your own?) and croissants. One morning, having been seated by the waitress we returned from the buffet only to find our table given to someone else. There is no comparison to what is available at other similar resorts. Things got worse when returning from golf one afternoon we found we had not been left towels . As we wished to shower before going to dinner, contact was made with housekeeping. An hour, two phone calls and one trip to reception later (each time assured towels were on the way) we were called and told the Resort had run out of towels. I expressed disbelief at this and suggested they try again. This apparently worked with a supply of towels being found within 10 minutes. There appears to be some staff training issues at this resort. Next time we will be going back to The Westin or The Sheraton which are 5 star.

3  Thank SunshineCoastDenis
RadissonGM, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Bula SunshineCoastDenis

We really appreciate your honest assessment of your time spent with us. Obviously I am very disappointed to read that there were some concerns that arose during your stay which may have dampened your enjoyment of your time at Radisson Blu.

Firstly, I sincerely apologise for the lack of towels in your room. I have no excuses - it is simply unacceptable and rest assured that I have taken steps to ensure this situation does not occur to another guest. I can't blame you for your disbelief at my teams response. Secondly, I have taken on board your comments regarding breakfast service. Again, unacceptable and I apologise. I have again talked to the team and passed on your comments for further training and review of procedures.

I am glad that you found some aspects of your stay with us to be excellent and am only sad that these were overshadowed. I do hope that overall you have many happy holiday memories to take away with you.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at the Radisson Blu Resort in Denarau Island for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. It was amazing - we were totally spoilt from the sparkling wine that was in our room to the beautiful 30th Wedding Anniversary message that was made from flowers and arranged on our bed by our wonderful housekeeper Miliana. We had stayed at the Sheraton Villas on our past four stays but decided to stay at the Radisson Blu (from the reviews on Tripadvisor it seemed THE place to stay).

I had emailed the hotel in advance to ask if we could have a room as far away from the kids club as possible. The room allocated to us was four rooms away from the kids club but we didn't hear the children in the morning at all.

We dined at the Waterfront Court Restaurant and would recommend it. The food was great, the prices were good and the service was impeccable.

We had most of our meals at the Denarau Island Marina and I have posted reviews for these under the restaurant's name on Tripadvisor.

One thing that I would like to point out to prospective travellers is that there is a bus called the Westbus that is yellow in colour and stops out on the road outside most of the resorts on Denarau Island. It costs $FJ1, yes ONE fijian dollar and it takes you to the resorts, the marina and also into Nadi town all for one dollar. The Bula Bus was always free on our trips to Denarau Island but now costs $FJ8 for a day pass. The Westbus is the bus that the staff that work at the resorts use and they even allow you to take luggage on board.

I would highly recommend the Radisson Blu Resort and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We asked for a top floor room just so we wouldn't hear footsteps or noise from anyone above us.
4  Thank Toujo

Dear Toujo

Firstly, congratulations on your 30th Wedding anniversary, a fantastic milestone to celebrate. And I'm so pleased you chose Radisson Blu for this special occasion. Vinaka!

It certainly sounds as if you had some fantastic highlights of your time spent here and I do hope that you return with many happy memories of your special celebration. I will certainly pass on your kind words to Miliana - she is a great asset to our hotel and I know she will be delighted to be mentioned personally.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again. In the meantime,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed 8 nights here and the resort is beautiful. We took our 5 children, they loved the water slide and the young fijian activity guys who got involved from day one. Their energy and fun really made the holiday special for our children, they were beyond awesome!! Kids club was fantastic, not just inside drawing or watching tv but outside running around catching crabs or lizards and playing games. One person stood out the most and his name was "Elmo banana", my kids loved him and he seemed to have as much fun as they did, if you stay here make sure you meet him and take him some chocolate!!
I recommend catching the yellow public bus a few times, and you can catch it out the front of the resorts for only $1fjd, this way you get to ride with the locals and see some of the real Fiji, it takes you into Nadi.
The down side of Fiji is the expense of food/groceries, l was surprised how expensive it was. In fact its more expensive than Australia. So, take lots of your favourite packaged food over in a suit case like chocolate, spreads, museli bars, biscuits etc. A big block of chocolate will cost you $10 aus over there, instead of $2.50 or so here. This way you can also give a block to your favourite staff member.
The shopping is not much at all, but the resort is lovely and the people friendly and nice. The beach is not appealing either, so it was great to have the water slide. Can't fault the resort, its lovely, just disappointing that food/drinks are expensive but this is all Fiji.

Room Tip: We had the top floor, rooms 319 and 320 for our big family and they were fine. Maybe a ground room...
2  Thank 105Nat

Dear 103Nat

It sounds as if you and your family had a fun filled holiday here in Fiji - we appreciate you choosing us as your holiday destination and am extremely pleased we didn't disappoint.

I suppose with 5 children Kids Club is really important and am glad to hear that it was a big hit. I do hope you had the opportunity for a little relaxation while the children were playing with the Bananas!

We look froward to being able to welcome you back again to our little corner of paradise hopefully.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a spectacularly restful and rejuvenating 8 night stay at the wonderful Radisson. If you are reading this review, I humbly ask that you make yourself as comfortable as possible...there's a rather lot I have to say.

We arrived in Fiji early last Friday morning. Having had little to no sleep during our flight we were admittedly cranky, desperate for a shower and a nap. Upon our arrival to the Radisson we were warmly greeted by the staff, however there was a slight mix up at the reception desk (which I'm sure was blown out of proportion by our sleep deprivation), but this was very quickly resolved and we were soon after ushered to our room.

We stayed in room 273 (Garden View Guest Room) which was very spacious, modern and extremely comfortable. Speaking of comfortable, ladies and gentlemen, the beds in this hotel...there are no words...simply amazing! I forgot to ask where they source them from as I would not hesitate buying one.

After a shower and some much needed rest we meandered downstairs to grab some lunch at Neptunes (delicious fish and chips), and to take in the sights. I've stayed in many wonderful and beautiful hotels around the world, but as far as beauty is concerned, the Radisson has left them all trailing in a cloud of dust.

I've read reviews where people have criticized the Radisson for not been accommodating to couples. While it is true there this is a family friendly hotel, and there are plenty of kids running around, we found plenty of quiet places to enjoy ourselves. The adult's pool is amazing (a great huge Vinaka to the wonderful Devon for his daily smooth guitar tunes by the pool), the Cross restaurant is out of this world divine (so good in fact I suggested to the chef that he should release a Cross Cook Book). The service at Cross is the finest we have encountered in a very long time.

Every morning we would go down to breakfast at Blu Restaurant (every day I would discover new and amazing breakfast foods!), and indulge in delicious omelettes (Vinaka Chef). Also, a ginormous Vinaka to Filo for her wonderful attentive service and wishing us a great day every morning after breakfast. She is an immense credit to the establishment.

Room service is so wonderful (can't believe people have complained about this) that by mid afternoon when you return to your room it looks exactly like it did when you first checked in. Vinaka to our amazing housekeeper Monika, you kept our room looking beautiful every day.

The next round of Vinakas go to:

Harry and Simon from the Kids Club/Activities crew. I'm truly thankful for the opportunity to have met both of you, and you are amazing at what you do. Thank you for throwing me my very own impromptu Kava ceremony. Vinaka!

Roko, the man who needs no introduction. Those of you that follow this hotel's reviews will be familiar with Roko's work. You, my friend, are amazing and I look forward to catching up with you again. Thanks for brightening up our day with your shenanigans and great humour. The Radisson is very lucky to have you, an every person I've spoken to speaks very highly of you. Do Not Change!

All the wonderful ladies at the Harmony Retreat Spa, Vinaka for the soothing and relaxing treatments.

And finally, to Gerard, the GM of the Radisson, thank you for making yourself available every Wednesday evening to introduce yourself and the staff to the guests, sitting with the hotel guests and actively listening to them. It was great to have met you, and we very much look forward to staying at the Radisson again very soon.

In closing, we had a wonderful time. It was sad to bid farewell to the Radisson as it felt more like home during our stay. We'll be back!

7  Thank Marcin P

Bula Marcin P

A big Bula to you from Fiji! Wow, what an amazing review - it certainly sounds as if your stay at Radisson Blu exceeded all expectations. It certainly makes me proud of my team when I read about your positive experiences here.

I think you have managed to cover all aspects of our services and facilities, and will certainly pass on your amazing comments to those you individually mentioned. I'm certain they will all remember you for your kindness.

Marcin P, we truly appreciate your kind words and recommendation to others. I would be absolutely delighted to welcome you for a return visit as I'm sure the team would!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denarau Island
#4 of 8 in Denarau Island
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island? Share your experiences!