“Thankful and love the service...”

Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Denarau Island
TOWNSVILLE
“Thankful and love the service...”
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Booked into the hotel overnight , welcomed with a lali beats...the rooms were clean, and I can't complain about the service.....
Left Fiji 10years ago and went back for a holiday, a night in Hotels for Fijians would be a luxury and I'm thankful there is a great holiday destination in Fiji like the Radissons. I appreciated every moment I spent there.
Most of the features are similar to the Hamilton Is Resort and it was like the home away from Home...I now reside in North Queensland and I appreciate the services rendered to us...

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (920)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Stay was great. The couples massage at the Spa was fantastic. Setting, hotel and room was a pleasant visit. We had no alarm clock, no TV remote, bathtub did not drain and room was not cleaned until late afternoon. We reported the alarm clock, TV remote and bathtub. We were told we should have a clock and TV remote. Bathtub repaired, no alarm clock but did get a wake up call and we got a TV remote after three calls to the front desk. Free shuttle to Marina drove through the driveway without even slowing down. Gave the appearance of the Doorman and the chargeable transportation providers being in cahoots. Very unsavory situation so we walked instead.

Sydney, australia
Reviewed 1 January 2010

We are a couple with youngish children and decided on the Raddison after reading these reviews. We had an amazing xmas thanks to the Radisson. We stayed for 8 days. The rooms are spotlessly clean. We choose the garden one bedroom. The kitchen is well stocked with dishes, saucepans etc enough for whatever you decide to cook yourself.Even a dishwasher to clean up after you ( dishwashing powder included)Big bathroom and very comfortable bed.Free internet for the lengh of our stay in room. The rooms are only the start. The pool area is amazing, towels included, with a large enough area to keep our little one entertained for the whole time we were. Lots of different pool depths depending on kids abilities and a lovely secluded large adults only pool. The beach is great to walk along but it is not the white sandy beach you get on the islands.The water is fine to swim in but it too is not the blue water of the islands.We enjoyed many a night eating here with a great range of restaurants to choose from.The buffet overlooking the beach is wonderful with a great range of foods, enjoyed the fish and chips at Neptunes and the reataurant in the reception area is also very good.Food is cheaper here than the other hotels next door. Drinks are reasonably priced similar to Australian prices. Make the most of 2 for 1 drinks from 5 to 7pm in the different bars.My little one had a great time in the kids club. Wonderful caring friendly staff. He enjoyed it so much he wanted to go everyday. A must is the fire lighting for the little ones.
We cant wait to get back again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank bencat123
australia
Reviewed 21 December 2009

We booked the Radisson because of its in-room facilities for young families. The one bedroom suites comfortably fit a family of four, cots are provided free, and the facilities (washing machine, dryer, microwave, dishwasher) are good. The room itself was a competitive FJD360 per night.
That's where the good things end.
Be very careful what room you book! We booked an Ocean View room thinking it would have ocean views. Most of the Ocean View rooms have no such thing. The hotel's different wings are called Ocean View, Lagoon View etc. but this just means that they are closest to the ocean, lagoon etc. - the hotel told us this when we complained. Our first Ocean View room (106) looked out onto pot plants. When we asked for a move, we were given 204 which looks onto a concrete building. Finally, after speaking to the manager, we were moved to a real ocean view room (388) - one of the very few in the hotel. This took an hour of complaining.
The floors of the restaurants are absolutely filthy, as are the high chairs for babies. There are birds and bird poo all round the breakfast area.
Service is appalling - "friendly" in Fiji style but absolutely clueless. We were locked out of our room for 45 minutes at one stage because the keys were not programmed correctly and no-one seemed to know what to do or care.
Most of the food is a greasy fry-up - eat at the Sofitel a few doors up!
Go for the family rooms - but don't go for the view or for a special Fiji experience.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank kt11Australia
Ireland
Reviewed 20 December 2009

Stayed here for 4 nights in December and the hotel was amazing. Got a taxi from Nadi Airport for only $25, we were welcomed with a drum roll and got a great room on the third floor. The staff are so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The pool is great and there are 3/4 restaurants to choose from and all of them are lovely. The bula bus into Denarau is good aswell and comes to the door of the hotel regularly. Would stay here again if in Fiji. We got a great deal on a sea view room from expedia.

Glenmore Park
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Before I get started, I'll let you know...My wife and I are mid 30's from Sydney, Australia...We are pretty easy going but actually pretty picky when it comes to the standard of where we stay...Before we left for our honeymoon, my wife and I read the reviews on here...We had already booked and after reading a few of the really harsh comments (some recent) we were concerned....BUT WE DIDNT NEED TO BE !!!

Overall Resort - Clean, well presented, friendly staff, plenty to do. We visited every resort along the the beach and in our opinion, the Radisson was by far the most modern with the best pool...

Pool - Just awesome....So what if there is a mix of people from other resorts using it...What a great way to get together, meet others and talk about each resorts facilities...Pool bar staff were good, although they could have used another 1 or 2 staff during happy hours...Also, given the great weather and daylight saving, I wished the pool bar remained opened later than the usual 6:30 - 7:00pm closing..If you dont enjoy seeing kids having fun, go to the seperate Adults Only pool...

Food - We had a package that included the buffett breakfast...We found this to be plenty and we simply ordered a side of bacon twice out of the eight mornings...no big deal..Lunches were ok, although we were out mostly during the day..When we were there however, we ordered mainly from the menu via the Nautilus bar..For dinner, we ate mostly via the buffet dinner and foud the stir frys and grilled options nice...Plenty of other salads, etc if thats your go...We didnt eat at 'Cross' as the meals seemed small, however there always seemed plenty who did...One night we went to Westin's restaurant 'Steakhouse' for a meal...Quite pricey, but nice...found this a good change after eating mostly in house..We tried the Neptunes Takeaway shak on one night...The seafood was quite nice, but the pizza average....The resort do a special coupl only dining experience by the adult pool for FJD250 a couple....I didnt see this get used once...There is however another dining experience "Lomani Wai' which involves dining in one of the smaller pools...This experience was awesome fun and for FJD85 each, included all you could eat and all the wines you could drink for 2 hours...The service (shout out to 'Desmond' here) was first class....Vinaka Dessie...I'd recommend this to anyone..

Room - We stayed in a one bedroom ocean suite on the second level....The room exceeded our expectations and was large enough to spread out for the week...The room was immaculate and serviced every day, no later than 11am - without fail, and without prompting...Nice touches with flowesr, etc added the personal touch...Full kitchen with full size fridge, oven, microwave and cooktop...Full size washing machine and dryer also came in handy...Only eight channels on the tv so maybe a trip to Port Denarau to pick up some cheap current release DVDs..We had a peek at the standard room that adjoins, and found that if you were staying for a day or so, well adequate for a couple....Note - All suites have a standard room next door. If you close the outer door, you can keep your room doors open, with both accessed via the common foyer - great for two couples or with older kids...As for the water, we brushed our teeth every day using tap water and neither of us fell ill...

Gym - There is a gym, however it's pretty compact...In a room about 6m x 4m and it gets pretty stuffy...Treadmill, bike, 2 x rowers, dumbells up to 10kg, and a weights station (press, pulldown, etc)

General - We went to all resorts on Denarau and had a sneaky peak at their rooms...I have to say it, in a comparison they fell well short of the Radisson....Yes the Radisson is the newest, but even the size of the other resorts rooms were much smaller...If you couldnt get into the Radisson, out next choice would be the Westin....with the Hilton being the absolute last choice..

As for the so called 'Fiji Time' - Yeah some things take a little longer to receive...so what !! - Fiji is about relaxing...take a chill pill...The drink and food service surpassed a number of fine dining restaurants in Sydney I've eaten at....

I cannot understand where these harsh comments stem from...You must have an exceptionally high standard of living...or nothing is ever good enough...Suffice to say we wait to get back there....

7 Thank Colmano
New Zealand
Reviewed 12 December 2009

I have forgotten how many times I have stayed at the Radisson since it opened, but it must be in excess of 40.

The Hotel has some of (or the) best rooms in Denarau and what I would consider to be the best pool area. However, the place was always let down by its food and beverage service. Bluntly, it was pathetic. Oh how things change!

While room service is still average, the restaurants have been transformed. There is a new Sushi, Noodle eatery and Cross. Both are excellent. In addition to this, the main restaurant has improve not only in food quality, but staff are now far more professional and better trained. There is a real buzz / energy in the crew.

Over the last 2-3 years I have noticed staff come and go but there are still familiar faces around from the beginning. I wish I could name all those that have stood out during my stays but I can't. I will however be writing to management to express my gratitude of this mornings breakfast crew, the assistance I observed they provided various groups and how proactive they were was impressive. While some of them I understand are new and on trial I was impressed. I do remember one name tag - Nikita, but I wish I could congratulate the rest.

Management deserves credit for the work they have done and the hotel deserves continuing patronage.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Sheraton Denarau Villas
Sheraton Denarau Villas
#3 of 8 in Denarau Island
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island? Share your experiences!