“mixed feelings”

Novotel Suva Lami Bay
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lami
“mixed feelings”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at Novotoel Suva Lami Bay for one night.
Booked a room in renovated wing of the hotel via accor online portal.
My credit card was charged upon booking.

Check-in was smooth
Lobby and restaurant are nice.
Room size good
The room (even recently refurbished) was of poor maintenance.
Sheets and towels had stains, few light bulbs broken.

I just noticed that the hotel charged me a second time upon check out.
Was a challenge to get funds back. Accor call-center was not useful at all. I had to phone hotel direct to claim funds back.

3 consecutive booking with Accor that caused me trouble, In the other booking Accor kept deposit for over a week. Nice way of increasing cash flow (if done on big scale)

1 Thank syd g
SimonHarper, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear syd g

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us, it is always a pleasure to receive constructive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, in particular front office and ensure we are following our robust procedures regarding the charging of credit cards. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
The Entrance, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for a week and got a nice surprise as the hotel is situated on the beautiful lami bay which is a beautiful view to wake up to.only a few minutes drive to Suva but far enough away to be in another world .the rooms here are comfortable and modern but maybe a little small.the beds are good and the pillows great.the restaurant HUSK was very good and I had some great meals here.the seafood chowder is beautiful as is the pastas and the other meals served up.the staff were very friendly and professional and nothing was a problem.all in all I had a very enjoyable time staying at the Novotel for a week while in Suva on business

Room Tip: Any room downstairs
1 Thank Mike C
Dear Mike C

We very much appreciate you choosing to stay at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

The location of the hotel in beautiful Lami Bay close but yet so far to the CBD of Suva is a major plus for the hotel and which many of our guest enjoy and make comment on.

I will share your comments with our team in particular the kitchen team who do work hard at delivering consistent experiences for all of our guests. Your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff.

Nadi fiji
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Reasonable accomadation, clean and appropriately priced, the only down fall is that it is out side of suva.Food is good and it has an excellent atmosphere being located on the waterfront.There are two accomadation wings the newer one is a lot more modern, over all not bad

Room Tip: Ask if they can put you in the new wing
1 Thank Marc M
Dear Marc M

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive all and any feedback.

Although a great location in Lami Bay the location can be either a positive or negative depending on purpose of your visit, although it is a 10 - 15 minute journey.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a good business hotel. Efficient and functional. My room looked out on to the Pacific, which gently laps around the shores of the hotel. The rooms are of reasonable size, the internet connection works well and one can work comfortably.
The food and service is reasonably good as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Anas W

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

a group of us went to a business lunch
we enjoyed great service
had food quality was great and enjoyable
quite entertaining nice ambience
staff were great very friendly
looks nice and clean and newly renovated
will be back to try again

Dear Sun soul B

Thank very much for choosing Husk Restaurant at your corporate lunch venue. It is always a pleasure to see very positive feedback for our Husk restaurant

Your comments will inspire the team to keep up the great effort they are displaying in ensuring they deliver a consistent product to all of our guests. The restaurant is seeing more and more corporate business lunches as a result of the positive feedback and as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next Lunch will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here again for 3 nights. This visit I changed room twice before getting a room that was up to the standard on our last night. First night we were assigned to a room where you could hear the trucks passing on the highway. There were no blockout curtains in this room either and Novotel has lights outside in the shape of a ball on their fences that were switched on the entire night. The floors were dirty and the room and bathroom was in need of dire renovations. I complained to reception, I needed a room that had block out curtains and proper sound proofing as I did not want to hear trucks going past all night. First the manager denied that they had any rooms with block out curtains but when I said I had stayed there before and that we had block out curtains she said ok I will move you to an ocean view room. I told her that I did not care what the view was I needed to get a good night's sleep. I also told her I would pay extra to get what I wanted. They moved us the next night to an ocean view room. This room was 305 and older then the room we stayed in the previous night. The curtains were still not block out and did not fit the entire window. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting. With cracks in the sink area and the shower cubicle and shower head was horrible. I honestly did not expect to get this type of accommodation at a Novotel hotel and especially for a room that was charged at $185 FJD. I was most disappointed and complained again to reception. They said they were fully booked but could move me to another room the next night. I had no choice but to remain in this horrible room. The lock on the back door was also broken not to mention the safes in both the rooms. The next night they moved us to a room that was definitely what I would expect for a Novotel hotel. The room was perfect with a beautiful view. It had block out curtains and a clean and functional and new shower. These are the new rooms in the hotel and are located as you enter the hotel on the left side. I could not believe that they sell substandard accommodation here. I have stayed in numerous hotels in numerous countries but the accommodation at this hotel does not even compare to a 2 star hotel. They need to renovate asap! Don't think we will stay here as there are more options in Suva city eg The Holiday Inns Superior rooms and now the new Grand Pacific Hotel to be opened very soon in Suva city. Breakfast here was ok as they had an egg station but the rest of the breakfast was pretty standard every day. Look elsewhere for accommodation!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank busybee0607
SimonHarper, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear busybee0607

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address issues that you have raised and the room that you highlight is one of the very last ones to be upgraded and this is expected to happen very soon. The room in questions is the last room sold, the hotel has been running at very high occupancy due to our guests appreciating the value of the accommodation as compared to our competitors.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here one night before we got on a scuba diving live-aboard boat for a week. This hotel is right next to where the boat docks, so was recommended by the boat company. The hotel is far away from "downtown" Suva, which means it is quieter but you either have to take a taxi to other restaurants or you are captive to eat at the Novotel restaurant. Our biggest complaint was that we arrived about 9AM after a very long trip and overnight flight from the US. While we realize check in time isn't until 2PM, they would not even discuss letting any of the group we were traveling with into their rooms even slightly before 2PM. You know that some rooms are clean and ready before the magic hour of 2PM, but they didn't care how tired we were or how long we had been up and traveling. Also - they charge for wi-fi access, and speed it pretty slow. Most places in Fiji seem to charge - they need to catch up with the times and provide internet for free.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water - nice views and quieter than rooms facing the highway.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lami
Holiday Inn Suva
Colo I Suva Rainforest Eco Resort
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#5 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Novotel Suva Lami Bay? Share your experiences!