“Pleasant stay with ocean views”

Novotel Suva Lami Bay
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lami
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay for a week while my husband my working in Suva. Staff were pleasant and friendly, room was clean and comfortable and the view of the ocean was excellent. The food was okay but not a particularly extensive menu. Perhaps some changes needed there. Groups of noisy young boys (possibly soccer teams) using the swimming pool each day was very annoying!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
SimonHarper, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Allan-Jenny

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback.

The bay does offer up some wonderful ocean views and provide for a nice setting and I am sorry for the noisy soccer boys if they detracted from your stay at all.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I booked for 4 nights and was given an ocean view room. On the 2nd night when i returned to my room i found another guest check into my room as he was having his shower to my surprise. This was really embarrassing for both him and myself, I was then given another room on the garden view. Then the next day transferred to Ocean View again. A total of 3 room changes for a 4 nights stay. All the hotel staff did was apologies for giving my room to another guest and downsized me to a garden view room. I was really disappointed with this stay being a loyal Accor advantage plus member. I should have been compensated for the way i was treated at this hotel. I was more disappointed because it happened in my home country Fiji, which we promote and pride with excellent service in tourism.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Krishil
SimonHarper, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear kawanobe

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Suva Lami Bay. It is always a pleasure to hear that guest enjoy the tranquil atmosphere that the resort provides

Yes unfortunately due to the age of the original building lefts were never installed and we do apologise for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
1  Thank Roger W
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Was on a 1-week visits with friends from NZ and USA. 8 of us, and we had 4 rooms.

Over-all it was a great place to stay. Away from the town area, but we wanted quiet, so the location was not an issue. Besides, we hired our own car for our moving around the town.

Side tip : If you don't have your own transport and want to stay inside the, this is a recommended place. But if you have come to "SEE" Fiji, either have your own transport ... or choose another hotel. This one is quite far from the main town.

The lobby is spacious and the open bar and pool area is all very nice. Unfortunately, the restaurant has just one menu card and there's nothing else - morning / afternoon / night, beside what you read over and over again. The food is very costly and nothing to talk about. I would rate the food quality as - below average. Over-all, the restaurant part was a disaster. and the breakfast was way below standards for an upmarket hotel.

The staff were generally courteous, but not in a manner of being natural. Any trained graduate in hotel management would be more professionally pleasant and friendly then some of the older staff who must be there out of sheer "cannot sack the old-timers" rules, perhaps.

I don't understand why receptionists feel pressed and hurried and lack that easy and calm that is expected of them. Perhaps the young ones feel that they have to be so very precise in their paper work; which keeps them from looking up and smiling and talking and making the customers feel "comfortably at home". I see this "paper work" thing keeping receptionists off of their prime duty which is - giving a warm welcome and service to the customers.

Had to pay for internet on a daily or weekly basis. Quite pricey, but that's how they make their money. It's become the norm to give free internet in most of the Asian hotels, but not so in Oceania.

Did I have a great experience at Novotel? Not really. The rooms and the views of the hotel was the only saving grace! I am sure there are multiple other hotels and will choose some others on my next visit to Fiji.

The 3* rating is for the quality of the rooms and the location. That's all. Restaurant - zero. Service - nothing to talk much about. Nothing more comes in mind as as an exciting prospect of returning back to the Novotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great service. The team at the Novotel went beyond the call of duty and arranged for my shipment that was left at the Novotel in Nadi. nothing was to hard or nothing was a problem for them. Thank you once again and a big ups to Sala and team.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the bar and pool area which was open to the bay. The food in the restaurant was very good but pricey. There was nice live music one night. I would say the room was a good value at a bit over $100 usd per night

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lami
The Pearl Resort
Uprising Beach Resort
Uprising Beach Resort
#2 of 5 in Pacific Harbour
Colo I Suva Rainforest Eco Resort

Been to Novotel Suva Lami Bay? Share your experiences!