The Shangri-La is the most expensive resort we have been to in Fiji. We are living in Suva and try and visit a variety of the resorts around the country.
The Shangri-La is overpriced and very much rule bound. If you are happy to pay too much for everything, and be told you cannot do a lot of things if there is an expensive resort offering (like taking the kids fishing), it will happen.
I was embarrassed to have taken friends to the resort and will not visit again.
The snorkelling was OK from the front beach. Good by Fiji standards but go to Malaysia or SE Asia if you want good value. Forget Fiji. The prices are all aimed at emptying wallets as fast as possible not making a good adventure for the family.
Expect to pay $500-$600 FJD for the basic room and buffet. If you want to do a fishing or diving trip, try going to anywhere local.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island