We stayed here for a few nights last week to attend a friends wedding.
We stayed on the lagoon side of the Island, which seemed to be more family orientated. The rooms were comfortable - however, the minibar is empty, we had to request towels a few times until they arrived on day 2 and there is no wifi in the rooms. We understood from speaking to some of our friends on the island that they too struggled with obtaining bath/shower towels and there is no wifi in any rooms on any side of the island.
That aside, the staff were fabulous and attentive and we could not fault the service. There are numerous and varied food / drink choices and enough pools and ocean areas to keep you and yours occupied for days. It is a bit of a drive from Nadi airport (approx 45 minutes), but well worth it. We had a fabulous time and would definitely return! Bula!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island