We travelled here for 10 nights at the start of August with friends, 4 adults and 4 children ages 1 - 4. A lot of the negatives noted in previous reviews are accurate - but the impact really depends on how precious you are. We were overcharged for our last meal - but this was fixed straight away, and appeared to be more the result of dishonesty of other guests based on the receipt. The rooms were in decent condition and the resort was able to accommodate our request in terms of adjoining ground floor rooms. With small children who are fussy eaters we found ourselves largely locked in the resort in terms of meals. This was our biggest cost and gripe in terms of affordability and variety of price points for dining options. If we were more mobile we would have definitely taken advantage of off-resort options. That said, food variety was decent in the buffet, good quality and our only real expense. The grounds are beautiful, the staff are wonderful (getting more smiles from our surly baby than his own extended family!) and the nanny service/kids club gave the adults a taste of freedom at an unbelievably low cost. We always paid more than we had to in appreciation of this service. I loved this holiday, i suspect we will return!
If you do choose to holiday here, expect lots of kids and don't be a princess. It's all about the attitude you bring!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Ebookers, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HRS, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island