We returned last month from a wonderful family trip. Being an ex-flightie I am fussy about our holidays and we were not disappointed with our choice in hotel. The staff were exceptionally friendly and very polite (a few people these days could take a lesson from the Fijians!).
Our family decided on an all inclusive package after being concerned about pricing. Yes this is definitely the way to go and if you don't feel like eating with the kids, you can let them eat in the Lagoon Restaurant and hire a sitter (v.cheap) later for you to dine elsewhere. We enjoyed the Beach Bar and Grill. There is no shortage of choice at the buffet but if you want something specific then check out other restaurants.
Must mention it was our son's birthday the day we arrived and we had organised a cake - this was fantastic, they made it and offered to do it in Ben 10 colours with balloons matching, candles and the guys singing along on the guitars!
ROOM - Ocean Family, ground floor: I was happy and my husband breathed a sigh of relief. The bathroom was a little tired but clean and immaculately presented. A lovely balcony with chairs looking straight out over the ocean.
FACILITIES: Pools, all outstanding and clean, no shortage of choice for families and couples (adults pool), would mention that some people leave their towels on the chairs all day and do not return, therefore people think they are in use. In the end always managed to get a few. Pool Kiosk: Good for a light snack. KIDS CLUB: Well our boys 3 & 5 couldn't wait to get there! The staff are fantastic and treat the kids exceptionally well. Lots of different activities and we let them choose what they wanted to do. GYM, yes we went and my husband (the fussy gym enthusiast) was happy, with good modern equipment and pleasant views over the golf course and ocean.
Outside: We did the Safari River and thought a little pricey, however after a wonderful day we decided it was well worth it. The villages have little but give generously! The kids have little to play with and loved racing around with our boys. Please do this, a real Fiji experience with a bonus jet boat ride, however this allows access to some of the remote villages that would otherwise never get tourists.
Well I am now planning another trip and would definitely stay again. We tried to go with NO expectations and therefore were not disappointed. Next time we would stay longer than six days. If you wish to contact me, I am more than happy to answer any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is exclusively located on the beautiful 109-acre private Yanuca Island with its pure white sandy beach and crystal clear, coral rich seas of the exotic Fiji Islands. Only 45 minutes from Nadi International Airport, the island is connected from the mainland by a causeway.A traditional Fijian village is the inspiration behind the layout of the 442-room resort. Every guest room, suite and bure features a private balcony with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean or the resort’s lagoon. Unlimited wired broadband Internet access is complimentary in all rooms. The Resort offers a range of activities, including water sports, scuba diving and golf, and a popular Kid's Club. A wide range of dining options are available, from Pacific Rim fine dining to informal fun dining at the poolside. Cultural shows highlight Fijian lovo, meke and firewalking rituals, South Pacific and Fijian Fire dancers.CHI, The Spa is a secluded spa village set away from the main resort, and provides the privacy and luxury of the largest Spa villas in Fiji. Four Oceanview and two Rainforest treatment villas feature relaxation areas overlooking either the Pacific Ocean or an exotic rainforest, with private garden patios, outdoor bath tubs, herbal steam room and outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Fijian Hotel Yanuca Island
- Fiji Shangri La Resort
- Shangri La Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Resort
- Shangri Las Fijian Hotel
- Fiji Shangri La Hotel
- Fiji La Shangri
- Fijian La Resort Shangri
- Fiji La Resort Shangri
- Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa Fiji/Yanuca Island