Mackenzie Country Inn
The Lakes Motel(Twizel)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$284
US$223
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Godley Hotel(Lake Tekapo)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmount cooktwo double bedsbuffet breakfastno liftopen firetour busesfirst floorroom was largeplace to staybit datedplenty of parkingen routesmall townlake tekapotown centrebalconymackenzie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My family stayed overnight here after visiting Mount Cook. We were glad we did, rather than staying in pricier accommodation up in Mount Cook. The Bed (two Queen Beds) and Breakfast rate was very reasonable. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The buffet breakfast offered was pretty good too.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My best staying experience was at this place in New Zealand. Staff members were not just friendly or helpful but they went out of their way to help us and save us some money. Here's the reason why?

1) Forgot to carry an additional CF Card for my camera, ran out of space to store pictures, spoke to duty manager (Phoebe) who kindly allowed me to use her computer to transfer pics from my camera to my memory stick. She could have said "No" but she did not instead she offered me to use her computer to have the pics transferred. Phoebe, you will definately do well wherever you go, great Customer service.

2) Phoebe and Tanya (I hope I have spelt your name correctly) - I Double booked rooms accidentally and paid for it and had not realised it until the ladies mentioned above picked it up in their report and notified me about it. They saved me $440 NZD.

Keep up the great work.

And now about the hotel, beautiful views, clean with all the essentials and very spacious.

Room Tip: If travelling with a family, go for family room (this gives you two rooms interconnected).
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed for three nights as part of a group. The memorable part of the stay were the staff- helpful, welcoming, efficient and knowledgeable. The Motel is large and tour buses appear to form a large part of their business.
The evening meals were reliable- of a good standard for a large accomodation provider, but nothing outstanding. Breakfasts offered alot of variety e.g. three types of bread for toast, multiple cereals, juices and cooked offerings.
The rooms although a little tired (think 80's moulded plastic in the bathroom and carved wooden bedside lamps) but were clean, warm and tidy. Overall the facilities were good for small town NZ and I would recommend it as an accomodation option.

Room Tip: The new wing
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Had read some poor reports on this hotel but was very pleasantly suprised - room was very large, staff fantastic, especially the receptionist, fantastic location, clean, would stay again.

The only real negative is the food - not great and the evening buffett is grossly overpriced - we took it coz we were starving and arrived late but wouldn't bother again; breakfast also average..........

Overall very good though

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This hotel is almost in the middle of no where; Twizel is small, with not a lot to do.
The views of Mount Cook we were promised were a little disappointing, as tree etc failed to give us a clear shot.
The hotel itself was clean and tidy. It did cater for lots of coach parties, which meant the dinning room could be full at times. The only reasonable restaurant opposite was shut due to a private party. The Inn food was more than acceptable, if not top quality for the price paid. Hotel good, but location just OK

Room Tip: Dont ask for room near drop off location, could be a little noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends