Belvedere Luxury Apartments
Ramada Resort Wanaka(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$97
  • Pool
Edgewater(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$112
Wanaka View Motel(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$142
The Moorings(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$277
US$138
US$107
  • Pool
Bella Vista Wanaka(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$74
Fairway Motel(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$72
Clearbrook Motel Wanaka(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$113
Manuka Crescent Motel(Wanaka)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$69
All reviewswashing machine and dryerfull kitchennew zealandreceptionunitloungelakejohnsupermarket
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Ok so I've been travelling for a while and haven't been reveiwing as I had last year. But my taste and focus for service have not changed so for this review, two caveats. One this is a serviced apartment and two this review is for Wanaka during winter, so tourists and cold. I can't see how this might ever rate an "excellent" but it's still good. Now I don't know where everyone else comes from but two bedrooms with one small bathroom is only EVER "average". But there are some good points here. Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean and they are comfortable. But damn it gets cold...

What's Hot: Kitchen is well equipped and the lounge and dining areas are good and comfortable. This venue is also good value for money especially in the ski season. Master bed was comfortable. For a one week stay its great, but I wouldn't like to be stuck inside if it was raining with not much else to do as its small. The nice touch were the electric blankets on all the beds.

What's Not: Bathroom - there is only one. There were three of us and it was tight. Come back from a day on the ski slopes tired and cold, the queue for a shower could be long... Two beds and one bath, bad design for a serviced apartment. Next there is one small heater. We had to leave it on constantly for the place to remain warm.

It's far from excellent, but it is good value for money and the staff are friendly and helpful. You could do far worse in Wanaka and I would recommend it. But if you have a big family, you might want to opt for something a fair bit larger.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

These lovely apartments are clean and very modern. Good location. We only stayed one night and my only negative is that they were very cold! Being a Queenslander in Wanaka in the middle of winter, I may feel the cold more than others but it really needed more heating. The lady at reception was very nice too.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank carolyn t
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Lovey 2-bedroom apartment, fresh and well maintained. The only downside was that the lift was out and we needed to lug everything up two floors from the carpark for a wash and re-pack. Bit of a pain, but the room and service was great.

Room Tip: No covered walkway for top floor rooms, if its raining you'll get wet
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Austenette
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Cleanliness, facilities, decor, comfort were all excellent.
In room laundry facililties, full kitchen with oven etc (saved a packet by eating in with 5 star dinner). Don't bother with any other accomodatio. Head straight here.
Rodger

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We (family of four) stayed here at the end of September. We stayed in the x2 bed room right above reception and had trouble with a loud fan that we couldnt find to switch off. We went to reception and the young lass (20s) that was working there was uninterested and refused to come and see what the problem was as she was aware of it already and 'nothing can be done'. I asked to move rooms and she said no as they were full. I suspected this wasnt true as there were only three other cars parked in the garage the whole stay and we only saw one other couple coming and going. Apart from the bad service and the fan, the accommodation was fine. I wrote to the company to discuss the issues with the lass at reception and I was impressed at how quickly they got back to me and that they took my concerns seriously. Apparently the fan could have been switched off as well!

Room Tip: The room we had trouble with was directly above reception.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family