“wanaka Helicopters”
Review of Wanaka Helicopters

Wanaka Helicopters
Ranked #5 of 58 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Wanaka Helicopters offers a variety of high standard flights around Lake Wanaka, into the National Parks and surrounding areas such as Mount Aspiring, and to spectacular Milford Sound. All scenic flights include remote alpine landings and walk arounds. We operate a variety of different sized helicopters, which means that no minimum passenger numbers apply to our flights. We can cater for all number combinations. Wanaka Helicopters also offers a product called Heli-Adventures, which includes soft adventure type activities for the more adventurous, such as mountain biking, fishing, hiking and jet boating. We also offer to opportunity to fly yourself in a one off training flight called our 'Mission Possible'. Not only are we a scenic flight operator, we are a training school, training pilots to gain their private helicopter license, as well as their commercial helicopter license. All our instructors are highly professional and safe pilots and flight instructors.
Wollongong, Australia
“wanaka Helicopters”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

fantastic experience they were professional safety conscious and fun would do it again at the drop of a hat

Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hyderabad, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“best one hour we spent in NZ”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a must do. We took the aspiring magic tour of one hour. Both the landings gave spectacular view of the area. The pilot, Chris was wonderful. Played a lot with our son and took some really great pictures. The pricing can come across as steep for an hour of ride but rather than breaking your back in a coach for a full day, this is a lot better investment.
helicopter experience is way more personalized and interesting than the flight options.
Thanks.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank 6siddharthp
Auckland, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An unforgettable experience!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My fiancée and I flew with Wanaka Helicopters a few weeks ago as part of a surprise proposal flight I'd planned. I'd considered a number of other operators in Queenstown (especially since we were staying there) but Nicky and Charlotte at Wanaka Helicopters were so helpful and quick at responding that I felt they were the right one to go with. I booked a flight which would first land at Coromandel Peak on Mt. Roy, then proceed to a second landing on Isobel Glacier.

We were very lucky to have beautiful weather on the day but when we arrived for the flight, Charlotte very discreetly advised me it was a little too windy to land on the glacier and asked if I would be happy with an alternative snow landing on Mt. Pisa. I was impressed when, without prompting, she also advised me the alternative was slightly cheaper than the original glacier landing as this shows what an honest operation they run.

We had a wonderful pilot, Peter, who was able to allay my fiancée's nerves about going on her first helicopter flight and kept the proposal and the second landing a secret. Throughout the whole flight he also provided lots of informative commentary on the scenery. Peter waited patiently in the helicopter during the proposal on Coromandel Peak then brought over the well hidden champagne after the successful proposal. I was supposed to head back to the helicopter to get it but had gotten a little too caught up in the moment! He also helped us take lots of beautiful photos using my camera, both on Coromandel Peak and Mt Pisa.

Huge thanks to Nicky, Charlotte and Peter at Wanaka Helicopters for your help with this very important day. We couldn't have flown with a better outfit for our first helicopter flight and the proposal was everything I had planned it to be, and more. The views we saw on the flight and from Coromandel Peak were amazing and we just couldn't have gotten the same sort of views on land. After this experience, I'm sure this won't be our last helicopter flight - we hope to fly with you again and will definitely be recommending you to others!

2 Thank DaytonaV
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Amazing views, amazing crew and wonderful experience! Loved it!

A great way to see the beatiful landscap of New Zealand.

Sydney
“Wow!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

A fantastic experience, the team allowed us to change our booking, ask any question we wanted and play in the snow. Great pilot who was knowledgable and the views were like nothing else.
Huge thanks to Peter and Nikki, we already want to come back :)